Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Nothing is being erased, Hickman will not reboot the X-men, all the old stories still happened.
    https://www.cbr.com/hickman-explains...-cancellation/

the entire line is cancelled.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Emma wasn't really villainous in Blue- when she realized that Inverted Havok actually was, she backstabbed him, Bastion and Miss Sinister and made Havok himself again. We've speculated that the Emma that appears here is actually Miss Sinister because she want revenge for that (and the cover #19 has a very big clue).
    she tried to violate teen Scott on Blue too

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it doesn't mean reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    For those (including myself) who feel none of this matters anymore since Hickman is coming, C.B. Cebulski sets the record straight here:

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...03167943188480

Jubilee is quite happy with the whole thing:
    https://www.facebook.com/10000137455...4427&sfns=xmwa
    I can't truat anything they say

Emma wasn't really villainous in Blue- when she realized that Inverted Havok actually was, she backstabbed him, Bastion and Miss Sinister and made Havok himself again. We've speculated that the Emma that appears here is actually Miss Sinister because she want revenge for that (and the cover #19 has a very big clue).
    It's going to be interesting to see because this cover doesn't quite say whether Emma will be on the side of the angels or not, although she is rocking an "X":
    https://media.comicbook.com/2019/05/...1-1170934.jpeg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's going to be interesting to see because this cover doesn't quite say whether Emma will be on the side of the angels or not, although she is rocking an "X":
    Heck, I just noticed that Magneto does too.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    she tried to violate teen Scott on Blue too

it doesn't mean reboot
    I hope you are right. that would be ideal if it was not a reboot.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well Powers of X is the book that's gonna be dealing with the history, according to Hickman. So I think these characters are being shown at different times.

For example, Creed is wearing his Weapon X-Force costume. But he was a "good guy" (using that loosely) in Weapon X. Meanwhile he is openly villainous again now. So if he appears in the book, and isn't simply decoration, it'll probably be a flashback at best. Assuming he's not killed off in WoR. lol

Similar could be the case for Emma, where we're gonna see her history on the side of the X-Angels, but it may not show us where she is currently.

That cover seems like a hodgepodge of characters whose history we may get some glimpses of at different times in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well Powers of X is the book that's gonna be dealing with the history, according to Hickman. So I think these characters are being shown at different times.

For example, Creed is wearing his Weapon X-Force costume. But he was a "good guy" (using that loosely) in Weapon X. Meanwhile he is openly villainous again now. So if he appears in the book, and isn't simply decoration, it'll probably be a flashback at best. Assuming he's not killed off in WoR. lol

Similar could be the case for Emma, where we're gonna see her history on the side of the X-Angels, but it may not show us where she is currently.

That cover seems like a hodgepodge of characters whose history we may get some glimpses of at different times in their careers.
    All good points.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    While I get your point this is not a new "feat" though. During Second Coming (?) Emma was psionically tagging alone from long range with the X-Men group going after Sinister, and she kept herself hidden all the time without Sinister noticing until they actually told him to try and pick into their minds.
    It's not the feat or even an Emma vs Sinister debate, really. The whole "I have to fake my non-existence to pull off a Palpatine level stunt, but I'll keep using my Jedi/Sith powers on the people who are at the center of basically everything" premise just comes off as wanting to have one's cake and eating it too. Happens a lot in fiction. Hardly a deal-breaker, just kinda dumb. Oh well.

Anyone not down for a proper Sinister-on-Sinister death match?

Lots of deaths, weird behaviouring and events with no explanations.
    Is it Uncanny X-men or GOT Season 8?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope you are right. that would be ideal if it was not a reboot.
    Maybe a soft-reboot, marvel never really fully rebooted

BANNED

Ok. I like Rosenberg and was a fan of his previous stuff like Punisher: War Machine, Astonishing X-Men and Tales of Suspense, but this current Uncanny run is just not good. At all. I don't know what happened but it feels like it was phoned in. This guy should be able to do better.

Oh well, it's almost over anyway. Bring on Hickman.

Rosenber’s X-Men is to Hickman’s X-Men as Avengers Disassembled is to New Avengers
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Rosenber’s X-Men is to Hickman’s X-Men as Avengers Disassembled is to New Avengers
    Nah, Rosenberg's X-Men is to Hickman's X-Men what Chuck Austen's short stint on Avengers was to Brian's Avengers. The meh lead-up to a franchise shaker. And that sounds like a sick burn, but Austen's Avengers actually isn't the worst thing in the world, even if I wouldn't recommend it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nah, Rosenberg's X-Men is to Hickman's X-Men what Chuck Austen's short stint on Avengers was to Brian's Avengers. The meh lead-up to a franchise shaker. And that sounds like a sick burn, but Austen's Avengers actually isn't the worst thing in the world, even if I wouldn't recommend it.
    I'd say the analogy is Scott Lobdell's brief return in 2001 before Morrison's run began, but yeah.