Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is it even worth the bother at this point? Either blame it on Secret Wars, or the more recent thing about things happening somewhere else and just come up with your own reason.

...that's not how comics are supposed to work, although for a number of years that's exactly how comics work!

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

Karma quits the team giving the reason that most of her friends are dead i.e. Rahne, Roberto, Guido, Chamber. She mentioned that Rahne hates her because of something Karma did (maybe in War of Realms or New Mutants Dead Souls) and Rahne died with hatred in her eyes. Karma mentioned Dani is her only friend left.
    Such a HARD eyeroll for me, can Shan be actually used in a run she's specifically picked for? Without being written out, misused, or in the background for literally the whole of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    those are the ones of note but it was implied that he killed civilians when he went on his Dark Phoenix rampage across the major cities in AvX

He also killed Berzerker in XFactor
    ^^Weren't whole cities burning, although I could be wrong!

Even if this is going to get explained away as an illusion/simulation, this run is just a big ass mess and no ending twist could change that.

I just realized, Wouldn't Emma be losing her mind that one of her Gen X-er's are dead?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I just realized, Wouldn't Emma be losing her mind that one of her Gen X-er's are dead?
    Supposedly they're all dead. lol There's the deal with Chamber. Then Monet & Jubilee got taken to AoX. Strike that, all but Paige would be dead far as Emma knows.

But it depends. Something seems to be coming with Emma. So no telling how much she knows, and if some things are in fact illusions.

Before, New X-men Vol. 1.....maybe, but has Emma shown any affinity for the Gen-Xer's in any meaningful or consistent capacity this last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Supposedly they're all dead. lol There's the deal with Chamber. Then Monet & Jubilee got taken to AoX. Strike that, all but Paige would be dead far as Emma knows.

But it depends. Something seems to be coming with Emma. So no telling how much she knows, and if some things are in fact illusions.
    Paige is in Age of X-Man too.

Shame that Sean is still a mindless zombie, he should care that his students are all dead

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    - Rosenberg seems to love these slow boiling storylines that make little sense until a "big reveal" at the end that makes everything come together.
    Reminds me of Moffat and Doctor Who. Moffat had a huge writer kink of having something shocking happening in the background while the action was focused on a character talking, only for the character talking to suddenly draw attention to the shocking background thing. Hey guys check out that typewriter typing on its own, wait a sec why's astronaut guy repeating himself, etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Rosenberg is like Claremont, he remembers almost everything it seems like. Especially for his favorites.
    He should have remembered Hope was sniping Sinister clones in Gillen's run.

When has Emma been shown to care about Gen Xers since she became an X-man?

Well that was awful

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Well that was awful
    That’s an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When has Emma been shown to care about Gen Xers since she became an X-man?
    Blink in that necrosha story

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Blink in that necrosha story
    I don't speak for AJpyro but I thought this implied her actual Generation-X students not the New Xmen.

This book is so dark and I kind of like it. I do think most of the deaths will be reversed (that they weren't real and Emma is behind something). I hope so at least. I think Emma is faking mutants deaths and she's keeping them safe or putting them to some use. Leave it to Emma Frost to save the mutants.

Or Rosenberg could surprise us and have killed off a lot of important characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I don't speak for AJpyro but I thought this implied her actual Generation-X students not the New Xmen.
    Blink was a Gen X student.