Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It's not the feat or even an Emma vs Sinister debate, really. The whole "I have to fake my non-existence to pull off a Palpatine level stunt, but I'll keep using my Jedi/Sith powers on the people who are at the center of basically everything" premise just comes off as wanting to have one's cake and eating it too. Happens a lot in fiction. Hardly a deal-breaker, just kinda dumb. Oh well.
    You seem to assume quite a lot there.

So far we don't really know what Emma's motivations are, what other players are involved, or even what it's all about, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He has charisma because Scott and Jean partially raised him. Cable has very poor social skills, and even less help with her.
    Charisma isn't always a product of your environment. Hell just look at Scott's childhood and he's one of the most charismatic leaders in the MU. She just simply lacks charisma both in and out of the comic and really anything endearing about her character. She's been around as is since Second Coming and the writers have failed to make her remotely likable as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Hell, did Banshee even have a conversation with Jono, his former student, before Chamber died?
    Surprise! It was Karma who had a conversation with Jono.

As far as I can remember, Karma and Jono were never on the same team before this.

Karma should have been quite close to Illyana but why is Illyana angry?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

As far as I can remember, Karma and Jono were never on the same team before this.

karma won't stop playing Indigo Girls

Because of the events of New Mutants Dead Souls where Shan, under the influence of her brother, infected them with the TO Virus led to them getting captured. Though Shan was acting cold towards Illyana the whole mini for some reason.

Chamber doesn’t really seem to care about Banshee being back. Hope completely ignored any chance at trying to find Velocidad nor does she have that fun banter with Scott that she had on Utopia. Dani’s tension with Hope is nowhere to be found. I may have missed it under Jamie’s constant snark but his utter hatred for Scott never comes up. It’s like the only pre-existing relationship touched on is between Karma and the rest of the New Mutants and it’s just used to **** on her. There’s also Wolfsbane but it was because she got fridged so they kind of had to bring up her connections.

Everyone’s just off enough that no character comes across as genuine at points.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Hell, did Banshee even have a conversation with Jono, his former student, before Chamber died?
    "Synch and Skin are planning a surprise party for ye Boyo!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Chamber doesn’t really seem to care about Banshee being back. Hope completely ignored any chance at trying to find Velocidad nor does she have that fun banter with Scott that she had on Utopia. Dani’s tension with Hope is nowhere to be found. I may have missed it under Jamie’s constant snark but his utter hatred for Scott never comes up. It’s like the only pre-existing relationship touched on is between Karma and the rest of the New Mutants and it’s just used to **** on her. There’s also Wolfsbane but it was because she got fridged so they kind of had to bring up her connections.

Like I've said many times, this book is a nostalgia trip for Rosenberg, telling stories he wanted to tell for decades, and to do so he's ignoring anything that happened in the last 25 years or so, hence even the costumes are the same as the 80's and 90's, acting like the X-men voting on their problems is something new (and Magik being surprised she can bring ideas when she already did this, and worked closely and was friends with Scott for a long time) and he literally has everyone forgetting that Emma exists.

Hope he's using as a substitute for Cable, even though Cable with Scott has never really been disrespectful since learning he's his dad.

BANNED

Rosenberg has only 4 issues left and there's quite a lot of villains he hasn't dealt with.

Could Cassandra, Vulcan and Shadow King actually pop up?

So far it's been a rollercoaster ride! Full of surprises and deaths....

Last edited by jalsrix; 05-17-2019 at 05:16 AM.

the penultimate issue cliffhanger is scott flipping to the next page of that notepad where we find "HICKMAN!!!" taking up the whole page, underlined, and circled because they have to stop him from destroying everything

this is the bumcanny team though so they fail

this is forever
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Charisma isn't always a product of your environment. Hell just look at Scott's childhood and he's one of the most charismatic leaders in the MU. She just simply lacks charisma both in and out of the comic and really anything endearing about her character. She's been around as is since Second Coming and the writers have failed to make her remotely likable as a character.
    She wasnt like this circa SC. She was much better in her series. Rosenberg writes the worst Hope but thats somewhat understandable given whats happened with her recently

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He did not die from a simple stab wound/impaling, not that I don't have complaints, but the only thing worse than books sometimes are reader interpretation.
    Nah, its a stupid death. And needless.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She wasnt like this circa SC. She was much better in her series. Rosenberg writes the worst Hope but thats somewhat understandable given whats happened with her recently
    Well maybe not as bad as she is now, but I do remember her being pretty entitled back then with the whole mutant messiah thing she had going on and was more tolerable in Gillan's Uncanny vs Generation Hope.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

The addition of Hope/Banshee has indeed been an utter and complete waste of time so far, Madrox isn't quite portrayed as the backseat whiner that he is, Rosenberg really, really wants to write another New Mutants book and the Scott/Logan bromance comes off as a fun-but-not-particulary-genuine result of the "Cyclops did everything wrong/Wolverine did nothing wrong!" editorial mandate.

That being said, Alex desperately wanting attention and being kind of an emotionally manipulative jackass to his big bro sounds like classic Alex, no?

Rosenberg has only 4 issues left and there's quite a lot of villains he hasn't dealt with.

Could Cassandra, Vulcan and Shadow King actually pop up?

So far it's been a rollercoaster ride! Full of surprises and deaths....

Not "The Savage Land" though! Poor Ka-Zar. Scott is so ungrateful for targeting it after he used it as a vacation spot with Emma just a while ago.