Default Daredevil issue#5

Our favorite Web-Head dropping some major wisdom for Matt in this issue
    spoilers:
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I do like that someone had Spidey admitting he killed someone..would just have liked a little more detail in there about when/where. I am assuming Charlie in Germany when he teamed up with Wolverine...but there may be many people who do not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I do like that someone had Spidey admitting he killed someone..would just have liked a little more detail in there about when/where. I am assuming Charlie in Germany when he teamed up with Wolverine...but there may be many people who do not know that.
    it honestly took me a while to remember who he killed but I really like how it was Spider-man to tell DD to stop cause it reminds me that he is among the street heroes as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This issue (and book) was INCREDIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This issue (and book) was INCREDIBLE.
    100% agree!! I love Daredevil!! One of the most consistently well-written (and developed) characters in the Marvel U. It was my love for Daredevil that led me to reading (and watching their shows) other street level heroes like Iron Fist, Luke, Jessica, Punisher, etc.

I'd be fine if the Marvel U consisted only of those characters!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it honestly took me a while to remember who he killed but I really like how it was Spider-man to tell DD to stop cause it reminds me that he is among the street heroes as well
    Really a good time for one of those asterisks with an explanation box in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Could he be referring to Gwen? Didn't she actually die from the whiplash given by the web that Spidey shot her with to try and catch her? I personally don't believe he should be categorized as a killer for that, but in Pete's mind I'm sure he blames himself.

Wow, I may check this out when it's released in tpb. I have read a lot of good things about this book. About the kill, I know about the one in the Spider-Man vs Wolverine and that a direct hit from Spidey killed a woman (I haven't read the issue), so that might be the case that is referenced in DD#5.

Other cases that Spider-Man could be refering (though I see that previous one as the most probable, but bear in mind that I haven't read the DD issue): George Stacy (I remember a miniseries by Lee Weeks dealing with Spider-Man's guilt over this) and Gwen Stacy, especially since the whiplash theory has gain popularity and I think is canon now that Gwen was alive when the Green Goblin threw her off the bridge and it was Spidey's web which killed her, instead of the fall (instead of the version where she would have been already dead by the time the web catched her ankle)
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

He might not have killed anyone directly but he did cripple Sin-Eater. I remember this because it was Daredevil who stopped him from outright killing Carter.

In this issue, Spidey returns the favor, if a little too late.

iMan 42s

Spider-man's killed a couple of people but I don't believe he's too often gone out of his way to do it.

Finisher had missiles or something redirected at him, killed Charlie, I think an obscure villain by using him as a human shield. He killed Gwen dependent on which retcon you go with.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

https://screenrant.com/times-spider-man-killed-people/

15 times Spidey killed....some are alternate universes and some are Superior Spider-Man/Otto.

BANNED

Peter hardly has any right talking to his old friend like that after his whole the spider phase where he had allied himself with the jackal who was planning a massacre.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Peter hardly has any right talking to his old friend like that after his whole the spider phase where he had allied himself with the jackal who was planning a massacre.
    That's a shockingly good point, though as long as Daredevil comics continue to be published, it's a given that Matt will redon the old horns sooner or later.
    The spider is always on the hunt.