Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd love to bask in the glory, but I believe I only got three votes. I thank ChadH, MRP, and nx01A for their votes, but I suspect that the mention of my cover by Kai "the spy" may have been counted. Could someone please recheck?
    You also recevied a vote from me, listed on page 3. Though I agree that discussion and comments during the voting phase is something that generally should be avoided, for ease of counting.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Though I agree that discussion and comments during the voting phase is something that generally should be avoided, for ease of counting.
    Unless I missed it in review, I think he mentioned Capt's entry before voting began.

I also counted four votes for CaptCleghorn.
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 05-22-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Congratulations CaptCleghorn!

And thanks to Kai "the spy" for the vote.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    You also recevied a vote from me, listed on page 3. Though I agree that discussion and comments during the voting phase is something that generally should be avoided, for ease of counting.
    Well then, thank you for the vote as well. My day is now busier. I shall come up with a new contest first (couple of ideas in mind already) hopefully by noon US Eastern time and then my usual end of contest ramblings.

Thanks to all for your votes and I will certainly count betteer next week. But there is a contest to plan!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations to one of my fellow Fantastic Four fans , CaptCleghorn

The lesson I learned this week is one of these days I will have to read Planetary!

And thanks for your vote Kirby101

A new contest has been posted.

Thanks again to ChadH, kjn, MRP, and nx01A for their votes. Also, thanks to Ray for the contest idea. As always, I have comments.

I think it's very possible to think a cover would be a cinch to make it for a contest and not be willing to use it yourself. Personally, I ws surprised that none of the plethora of FF 1 homage covers were used. But that's part of the fun and enjoyment of this contest. One is never sure of the outcome.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the origin of my "FF purist/snob" title, it comes from a comment made in a pre-reshuffling FF post talling about folks who enjoy the old days of that series considerably and may be less receptive to change. And I don't disagree with that description, but leave it to those seeing my posts in various threads to make that call. And I am going to once again compliment the participants of this weekly contest in being able to keep their opinions civil and relevant.

An awesome cover, CC! Though I was a little disappointed by there being no frogs included.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yay, CaptCleghorn!

For those of you who haven't read Planetary, you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A new contest has been posted.
    I don't see it in the Forum.

On Edit.
    Now I see it, you are suppose to put "Cover Contest" and the dates in the title.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't see it in the Forum.

On Edit.
    Now I see it, you are suppose to put "Cover Contest" and the dates in the title.
    A call has gone out to admins to fix my careless omission.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Some final and late notes… I was hoping to see the two Marvel teams that are the closest homages to the Fantastic For without being affiliated to them (such as Fantastic Force):

Introduced as the "evil" F.F. although they weren't the first foursome to go against the Fan 4, that honor goes to the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes.

Although they never confronted the FF, the U-Foes are an even more direct counterpart to the FF. Millionaire with plans to go to space? Check. Pilot friend at the controls? Check. Girlfriend and her brother tag along? Check.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    . . .

Although they never confronted the FF, the U-Foes are an even more direct counterpart to the FF. Millionaire with plans to go to space? Check. Pilot friend at the controls? Check. Girlfriend and her brother tag along? Check.
    And don't forget over at DC there was

Hank Henshaw (who would become Cyborg Superman) and his fellow astronauts.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow, Ravin' Ray. I really like that Frightful Four cover. If that is a variant I unfortunately missed it. I forgot about the U-Foes. Another good one

Didn't the F4 also battle Four elementals?
    Can't remember their names or if they ever featured on a cover, Maybe created by Diablo?

Another Forgotten Foursome:
    The Kid Commandos!

Bucky - Torro - Golden Girl - The Top

Last edited by Güicho; 05-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Didn't the F4 also battle Four elementals?
    Speaking of Elementals, . . .