Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: NextGen #4 (spoilers/discussion)

There was a bit of discussion last time about how Nextgen has had the best pacing of the AoXM books. I think that stays true for this issue as well - for a book where there's relatively little action in the typical superhero sense, Brisson and To manage to impart quite a bit of urgency to the overall plot. Armor, Glob, and Rockslide are in a "trust no one" situation at this point, as one friend seems to have entirely thrown in with radicals, another has ratted them out to the authorities, and now Dept X has found Glob's diary and knows he's aware that everything the X-Men stand for is built on lies.

Oh yes. And Anole just blew up the Hope Summers Memorial library. "Yikes" doesn't really cover it.

Really good showing this month. To's art continues to be a major strength here - his characters are expressive, he illustrates Brisson's humorous touches wonderfully, and he's just doing an all-around great job. I really hope we see him getting more work at Marvel.

What is it with Brisson and turning these kids into human bombers?

I've got so much love for this book

Yay for Match having some dialog

Rockslide is a dude.

Blob and Psylocke appear, they are strangely equally menacing and sweet in these roles

Great art, loved the hideout scene especially

Great and thought provoking scene for Anole . I think it's kinda obvious how it'll play out, bare in mind that Legion and X-Man are not evvvil, manic yes, but not evvvil. So I'm just wondering if his look will change.

Every page had a delight
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-15-2019 at 10:40 AM. Reason: bear! what was I thinkin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Great and thought provoking scene for Anole . I think it's kinda obvious how it'll play out, bear in mind that Legion and X-Man are not evvvil, manic yes, but not evvvil. So I'm just wondering if his look will change.

Every page had a delight
    I hope they go all out and give him back his arm plus lizard tail. Sure and that Lovecraftian tongue he had in Extermination.

This mini has been pretty good. It could have served as an arc for the Next Gen kids in 616

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hope they go all out and give him back his arm plus lizard tail. Sure and that Lovecraftian tongue he had in Extermination.
    I'm kinda thinking/worrying/intrigued as to maybe a full on 'killer croc' type look, considering what happened in this issue.

I like his agile look so I'm hoping he develops a 'morphing' ability.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue and To's art is great as always, but I'm getting kind of annoyed that Anole keeps getting the role of fall guy.

Fantastic Member

Let's hope that some of those "Hickman: Phase One" plans include Brisson on an X-student book, because this dynamic needs to continue, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and To's art is great as always, but I'm getting kind of annoyed that Anole keeps getting the role of fall guy.
    This should hopefully be a watershed moment for him now, that whole pitched suicide dangling plot point thing kinda was looming over him for me, so I hope this is the end of it now.

(If this turns out to be his actual death, I may go apeshit, and start swimming the pond to take names , but I'm optimistic for now)

this issue was enjoyable.

TO should be a regular artist on x-men books

Poor Shark-girl. She snitched everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What is it with Brisson and turning these kids into human bombers?
    Think he's trying to tell us something?

Astonishing Member

Did this make glob a religion yet ?

Omg Match talked!So weird to see him beaten by Rockslide, they fought together several times~
    I dont think Anole is dead (no body, no death). I wonder how this will finish, there is just 1 issue left.
    Still the best book of AoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did this make glob a religion yet ?
    Don't see why not.

I'd worship him and his pink stuff.

Poor Department X, investigating students while trying to arrest an X-Men in another book, lol.
    I mean I enjoy these AoXM stories connecting and gradually sharing a same and key conflict.