Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #4 (spoilers/discussion)

So many questions come up with this issue:

- What are these psychic rifts, and how do they relate to the nature of this world Nate's put together?
    - Nate's team is coming apart at the seams. Is everyone going to turn on him next issue? Is this how Apocalypse gets his victory?
    - Who was murdered? My money's on Moneta getting pulped by Colossus. Or maybe shanked by her own teammates as a frame job - lord knows the kid's had it coming.
    - Do the most recent crop of X-Men writers actually like Colossus at all, or are they just trolling the readership on behalf of JDW? Because really.

All told, I didn't mind this issue, but Apocalypse's presence in this book always leads to the team swerving away from what we darn well know is going to be the big throw-down, and it really does get tiresome.

BANNED

All the sexy tentacle stuff at the start made me think Claremont.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I should be amazed Marvel haven’t used the Deadpool Movies to push Colossus.

I’m not.

Ridiculously underused.

BANNED

Yeah, the start of this issue was VERY weird.

I don't know, but is it just me or did this feel like they were about to have an Orgy in public?

Astonishing Member

I hope x-23 keeps bishops guns. She needs a way to fight at mid to long ranges

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, the start of this issue was VERY weird.

I don't know, but is it just me or did this feel like they were about to have an Orgy in public?
    Yes, it was very close to a public orgy and then jean stopped it. damn Jean

>Apocalypse and his seX cult start an orgy in London. Things you never knew you wanted to see in the X-books.
    >'The Healing Power of Loneliness' by Jean Grey. Wow.
    >An entire event and several books all dealing with celibacy? Maybe these should have been one shots.
    >The Life Seed is losing power... and it's literally hidden in Nate's basement.

Favourite panels...
    mx0.jpg
    mx1.jpg
    mx2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

It's bizarre how Nate, Magneto and Colossus are the only characters in this book that feel like humans. Even though Magneto is pure angst and Nate is just a pretentious *******.

Colossus is literally the only character with actual development. He goes from a man faithful to the principles, to a bundle of rage and finally someone ready to drop everything "for love".

It sounds good when I put it like this but, considering how he and his relationship with Kitty have been written, it doesn't come as actually good on page. It's a waste, like nearly everything in this book. The art also looks kind of rushed at some points, definitely inferior to what we saw in previous issue. The Scott/Jean moment was cute.

This book started promising, but maybe we were misled. The quality has been suffering since the second issue. At this point I'm just waiting to see if there was ever a point to all of this.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Oddly paced issue. Disappointing that Jean seems to be so indoctrinated. I have no patience or interest for another Colossus and Kitty story, and one would think that if the writers really were fans of the character they would give him something new and not creepy to do. The continuity between AoXM books is starting to get muddled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hope x-23 keeps bishops guns. She needs a way to fight at mid to long ranges
    Back in the day when Yost and Kyle were writing her X was always packing heat. Even bombs.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 05-15-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I hoped more focus on Jean, but Colossus and his nakedness had more developments.

At least there is some urgency sense here and a murder to solve

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Back in the day when Yost and Kyle were writing her X was always packing heat. Even bombs.
    I miss that run. I hope they come back after Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Oddly paced issue. Disappointing that Jean seems to be so indoctrinated. I have no patience or interest for another Colossus and Kitty story, and one would think that if the writers really were fans of the character they would give him something new and not creepy to do. The continuity between AoXM books is starting to get muddled.
    It makes sense that Jean would be brainwashed the hardest. It's Nate's way of keeping her under control, considering their familial relationship.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Ridiculously underused.
    Colossus still needs ONE good story that doesn't involve Kitty and/or Illyana. The writers always write him psycho around the two.