Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It makes sense that Jean would be brainwashed the hardest. It's Nate's way of keeping her under control, considering their familial relationship.
    Plus her powers. If he got rid of her, I'm not Nate would be able to keep any of this together.

I'm a bit sad there is zero chances of Bishop and Jean conitnue after Age of X-man. We can't have nice things.
    All the people hating on him lost their time LOL

On the next issue Jean will remember the bad about jott or will be like it was always good? I don't remember they being all lovey dovey on Morrison's run

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

God, it is not like the only story they ever had was their break up.
    And it is true they werent good on morrison luckily there was a long time where they were.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-15-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Colossus still needs ONE good story that doesn't involve Kitty and/or Illyana. The writers always write him psycho around the two.
    He had it before, when he was forced to kill Prometheus/Mutant X. Here you had the purest of the X-Men put into an impossible situation, where he had to choose between violating his own moral code or allowing more people to suffer/die, and he sacrificed his morals for the greater good. That moment right there made me a lifelong fan of the character, I don't know, it made the struggle of being a hero with incredible power who will not always find the nonlethal solution real to me (Claremont explored that again when he was once again forced to kill one of the Maraurders). Sadly writers after that just won't explore the character beyond his relationships with Kitty and/or Illyana. That's why I enjoyed him in Deadpool, even though he was the butt of Wade's jokes a lot. Neither of them were in the movies

BANNED

Cable and X-Force used him well.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm a bit sad there is zero chances of Bishop and Jean conitnue after Age of X-man. We can't have nice things.
    All the people hating on him lost their time LOL

On the next issue Jean will remember the bad about jott or will be like it was always good? I don't remember they being all lovey dovey on Morrison's run
    While they had issues, there were a few nice moments between Scott and Jean in New X-men (when Jean tells Scott he's her favorite superhero). Scott shows he cared for Jean in several scenes during the New X-men run (of course there are a couple scenes that seemed kind of cruel when he implies he slept with Emma in Hong Kong). It was definitely an interesting time for our favorite X-couple!

On to this issue.. I was very disappointed. Jean, like many of them in this world seems clueless. I was hoping someone would be a real threat/challenge to Nate Grey. Jean could be that, but you can tell these writers do not see Jean as many of us do. I don't know why she's even used in this event. She doesn't contribute much. She's used to move Bishop's story forward, and she is constantly being used by Nate. She doesn't even seem to realize that she is powerful.

These books could have been good. The idea is there. The execution is severely off. I think it is funny that Marvelous X-men is supposed to be the main book in this event but for me it is the weakest one. The characters mostly feel flat and every issue feels like the same issue. There is something very off putting about a lot of these books. I see criticism aimed at us that do not like these books by fans on twitter. They think we hate because of lack of fighting/action. Disassembled had a lot of action and it was also a very bad product.

Morrison's run didn't have mindless action and it was great. No, it is not the lack of action that is hurting Age of X-man. Every issue feels the same. It is hard to justify spending money on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It makes sense that Jean would be brainwashed the hardest. It's Nate's way of keeping her under control, considering their familial relationship.
    That’s super creepy when you consider the fact that that’s his own mother that he has acting like a trained puppy who can never go against his will or see things any other way even when things don’t add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cable and X-Force used him well.
    Yes, plus I actually liked him moving on to be with Neena. Alas, neither would last.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Yes, plus I actually liked him moving on to be with Neena. Alas, neither would last.
    Bless Hopeless for giving him and Domino another moment in that recent annual.

Too bad the obsessed shippers like Nadler will always come out on top.

I'm not a kittylossus stan but honestly Domino would be way more problematic than kitty. She can't have a serious stable relationship. If they tried it will probably last very little

Bless Hopeless for giving him and Domino another moment in that recent annual.

Too bad the obsessed shippers like Nadler will always come out on top.
    I am sooooo tired of this relationship and the shippers that can't move on, and go on to become writers at Marvel. This relationship has become toxic for both characters, it's time to let it go (and I say this as a huge Colossus fan).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm not a kittylossus stan but honestly Domino would be way more problematic than kitty. She can't have a serious stable relationship. If they tried it will probably last very little
    how is that problematic

how is that problematic
    Domino wouldn't want a serious romance, she is a free spirit that likes to have fun with many different men in very short periods of time.
    This is of course my headcanon of how things could play but i think it would be boring for her and imagine if Colossus wanted to make things serious, it is good he isn't clinging to Domino otherwise he would be heartbroken and jealous.

They are cute from time to time but never seriously, more like fuckbuddies
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-15-2019 at 04:21 PM.

That's what would make this relationship great in my opinion. They are both very different characters, Piotr being the more emotional, hopeless romantic, and Neena the more practical, assertive one. Neena allowed Piotr to come out of his shell more than Kitty ever could, and that would make them more interesting. Heck, I would prefer if he got together with Callisto to again over Kitty (plus I find interesting that they spare both older rhan him.)

Domino wouldn't want a serious romance, she is a free spirit that likes to have fun with many different men in very short periods of time.
    This is of course my headcanon of how things could play but i think it would be boring for her and imagine if Colossus wanted to make things serious, it is good he isn't clinging to Domino otherwise he would be heartbroken and jealous.

They are cute from time to time but never seriously, more like fuckbuddies
    Yeah I don’t think that’s worse than pedophilia