Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Domino wouldn't want a serious romance, she is a free spirit that likes to have fun with many different men in very short periods of time.
    This is of course my headcanon of how things could play but i think it would be boring for her and imagine if Colossus wanted to make things serious, it is good he isn't clinging to Domino otherwise he would be heartbroken and jealous.

They are cute from time to time but never seriously, more like fuckbuddies
    I don't think most people mean the same thing as you do here when they say a relationship is "problematic".

Domino wouldn't want a serious romance, she is a free spirit that likes to have fun with many different men in very short periods of time.
    This is of course my headcanon of how things could play but i think it would be boring for her and imagine if Colossus wanted to make things serious, it is good he isn't clinging to Domino otherwise he would be heartbroken and jealous.

They are cute from time to time but never seriously, more like fuckbuddies
    Then let them be f...buddies for a while, and explore that instead of freaking Kitty again, since that relationship never lasts anyways. I truly believe being with Neena would be good for him as a character, I loved how freespirited hopeless made him in C&XF with her.

BANNED

Domilossus is literally the best thing Hopeless ever did and should never have ended, but we can't have nice things.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Oddly paced issue. Disappointing that Jean seems to be so indoctrinated. I have no patience or interest for another Colossus and Kitty story, and one would think that if the writers really were fans of the character they would give him something new and not creepy to do. The continuity between AoXM books is starting to get muddled.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    While they had issues, there were a few nice moments between Scott and Jean in New X-men (when Jean tells Scott he's her favorite superhero). Scott shows he cared for Jean in several scenes during the New X-men run (of course there are a couple scenes that seemed kind of cruel when he implies he slept with Emma in Hong Kong). It was definitely an interesting time for our favorite X-couple!

On to this issue.. I was very disappointed. Jean, like many of them in this world seems clueless. I was hoping someone would be a real threat/challenge to Nate Grey. Jean could be that, but you can tell these writers do not see Jean as many of us do. I don't know why she's even used in this event. She doesn't contribute much. She's used to move Bishop's story forward, and she is constantly being used by Nate. She doesn't even seem to realize that she is powerful.

These books could have been good. The idea is there. The execution is severely off. I think it is funny that Marvelous X-men is supposed to be the main book in this event but for me it is the weakest one. The characters mostly feel flat and every issue feels like the same issue. There is something very off putting about a lot of these books. I see criticism aimed at us that do not like these books by fans on twitter. They think we hate because of lack of fighting/action. Disassembled had a lot of action and it was also a very bad product.

Morrison's run didn't have mindless action and it was great. No, it is not the lack of action that is hurting Age of X-man. Every issue feels the same. It is hard to justify spending money on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It makes sense that Jean would be brainwashed the hardest. It's Nate's way of keeping her under control, considering their familial relationship.
    This! Plus, hasn't the story implied she's broken free of his control multiple times, hence the multiple mindwipes? Then again, admittedly I'm not a big fan of Rosenberg's Jean, he knows why she's special. But every opportunity he's written her, she's just come off as bland, reactionary, and inconsequential to the story he's telling even far as Phoenix Resurrection!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah I don’t think that’s worse than pedophilia
    People see Kitty and Colossus being problematic because of the age differences when they first knew each other, but it was never pedophilia because Colossus did not know Kitty when she was pre-pubescent. People mess this up a lot. Yes socially it is morally wrong for a young person to be romantically involved with a much older person but if the person is at age of puberty or older then it is most definitely not pedophilia. It still grosses most of us out though, but pedophilia has a very specific definition.

I honestly do not mind Kitty and Colossus and while problematic, I feel most relationships are just that. It is life. No such thing as a perfect relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    While they had issues, there were a few nice moments between Scott and Jean in New X-men (when Jean tells Scott he's her favorite superhero). Scott shows he cared for Jean in several scenes during the New X-men run (of course there are a couple scenes that seemed kind of cruel when he implies he slept with Emma in Hong Kong). It was definitely an interesting time for our favorite X-couple!
    These good times never really stand out on Morrison's run.
    On to this issue.. I was very disappointed. Jean, like many of them in this world seems clueless. I was hoping someone would be a real threat/challenge to Nate Grey. Jean could be that, but you can tell these writers do not see Jean as many of us do. I don't know why she's even used in this event. She doesn't contribute much. She's used to move Bishop's story forward, and she is constantly being used by Nate. She doesn't even seem to realize that she is powerful.

These books could have been good. The idea is there. The execution is severely off. I think it is funny that Marvelous X-men is supposed to be the main book in this event but for me it is the weakest one. The characters mostly feel flat and every issue feels like the same issue. There is something very off putting about a lot of these books. I see criticism aimed at us that do not like these books by fans on twitter. They think we hate because of lack of fighting/action. Disassembled had a lot of action and it was also a very bad product.

Morrison's run didn't have mindless action and it was great. No, it is not the lack of action that is hurting Age of X-man. Every issue feels the same. It is hard to justify spending money on this event.
    I Hoping that zac/nadler are letting the best of Jean to the final issues.
    I really want to see Jean being mad and confronting Nate about his creepy perfect world

the plot is too strechted, but the books have been good

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I want to say that i actually like kitty, colossus and domino as characters. I dont stan either relationship and apologize if i was rude with the people shipping domino and colossus, it wasn't my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This! Plus, hasn't the story implied she's broken free of his control multiple times, hence the multiple mindwipes? Then again, admittedly I'm not a big fan of Rosenberg's Jean, he knows why she's special. But every opportunity he's written her, she's just come off as bland, reactionary, and inconsequential to the story he's telling even far as Phoenix Resurrection!
    No, that was the first and only one Jean mindwipe. Rosenberg isn't writing age of x-man

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    These good times never really stand out on Morrison's run.

I Hoping that zac/nadler are letting the best of Jean to the final issues.
    I really want to see Jean being mad and confronting Nate about his creepy perfect world

the plot is too strechted, but the books have been good
    I hate that this has become Jean's thing, it's the worst kind of storytelling, "helpless" for the majority of the story to only be useful at it's conclusion. Plus it repeated so often in comics, that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Why write character as so useless, or hopeless then pull something out your ass at the last minute. Looking right at you, Extermination!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, that was the first and only one Jean mindwipe. Rosenberg isn't writing age of x-man
    Are you certain, I thought this series as have others implied that, Jean had been mindwiped before, at least prior to the mindwipe we witnessed.

Are you certain, I thought this series as have others implied that, Jean had been mindwiped before, at least prior to the mindwipe we witnessed.
    No, it was the first. Bishop got to jail because it was his 3rd

"I'm ashamed. At Xavier Day... I used my powers to manipulate everyone." lol. That line has to be intentional.

This series is good. But it's also based on character moments of characters that aren't themselves at the time so it feels a bit odd.

I hate that this has become Jean's thing, it's the worst kind of storytelling, "helpless" for the majority of the story to only be useful at it's conclusion. Plus it repeated so often in comics, that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Why write character as so useless, or hopeless then pull something out your ass at the last minute. Looking right at you, Extermination!!!!
    Yeah, writers need to write more engaging stories and character, and not the last minute wreck havok.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Domilossus is literally the best thing Hopeless ever did and should never have ended, but we can't have nice things.
    Agreed x1000000, what yeah, it was new, fresh, and took the characters to new places (at least Colossus, I liked how open and positive he was when he was with her, which never happens with Kitty), so of course that had to ended so they could do their nostalgia trip relationship. God, Marvel is so frustrating some (most) of the time.

I want to say that i actually like kitty, colossus and domino as characters. I dont stan either relationship and apologize if i was rude with the people shipping domino and colossus, it wasn't my intention.
    No worries, I don't think you were rude at all, and I understand that people are going to have differing opinions and things that they like. I just wish that Colossus, as a character, would be given new stories to explore beyond his obsessions with Kitty and Illyana. He had those stories in the 80s, and he even has his moments like in Wood's X-Men and Hopeless C&XF, but most of his stories lately revolve around those 2. I actually like Illyana and don't completely despise Kitty, but I really wish, they would be kept away from Piotr for a long while.