Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Hound & The Mountain vs. Achilles (Troy)

2v1 fight. Clegane bros get their best gear. Zombie Mountain.

BONUS: Ser Arthur Dayne (book/show comp) vs Achilles. Achilles just has his sword and shield.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Achilles is GIGANTICALLY more skilled and has a ridiculous speed edge. He makes he red viper look like a toddler. He'll kind of trivially cut the Cleganes to pieces. He's also canny enough to realize VERY quickly that he needs to kill the faster, more skilled, but much more killable Sandor right off the bat, so he dies first, and probably to a simple one-shot. Once he does that, he just needs to keep cutting pieces off of the mountain until he can't move anymore. It'll take a while, but he'll get there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Troy Achilles was a ridiculously insane killing machine. Agreed with the above. Not just physical and weapon skill, he was damn competent to boot.

Achilles killed a dude at the start of Troy that was probably almost as large as the Mountain; with just one stab. Achilles wins in about five seconds.

It'll take Achilles a lot longer than 5 seconds. The Mountain is in full plate and can tann getting stabbed in a lot of vitals. But Achilles will win without breaking a sweat.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

considering how hard and far he can chunk a spear, it wouldn't surprise me if he could just throw his sword at either of them and just kill them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    BONUS: Ser Arthur Dayne (book/show comp) vs Achilles. Achilles just has his sword and shield.
    Achilles is borderline superhero-level. GoT characters are too grounded to compete.

The spear feat is much more in line with Achilles' general portrayal, so I'd say it's just a high end feat.

Captain America has more than enough feats on a consistent basis for us to establish where he's at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Achilles is borderline superhero-level. GoT characters are too grounded to compete.
    Ehhhhh the highend KingsGuard Knights are definitely superhero quality. Jamie had a whole army try to capture him and he was so brutal that everyone was shook afterwards and he was ferociously wiping people out. Dayne is beyond even that. Most fans think Dayne not being at certain battles is effectively cost the Targaryen’s the war

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Ehhhhh the highend KingsGuard Knights are definitely superhero quality. Jamie had a whole army try to capture him and he was so brutal that everyone was shook afterwards and he was ferociously wiping people out. Dayne is beyond even that. Most fans think Dayne not being at certain battles is effectively cost the Targaryen’s the war
    I don't know about that. If you compare literature Achilles to book Jamie (or any other GoT character); Achilles is like TV Hercules to their MCU Captain America. If you compare Troy Achilles to TV show Jamie (or any other GoT character); Achilles is still Captain America to their regular human citizen. Put Troy Achilles in the Battle of Whispering Wood and he ends the Northern rebellion with one well placed spear throw.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Honestly, the film Troy depicts Achilles as an absolute game changer in a fight: if he's on your side, you're going to win. No ifs or buts.

Your only issue is if he even feels like it and is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Because Hector was the best Troy had and poor dude had to piss off Achilles to the point it was just a downhill battle for him.

...Only reminds me how Red Cliff Guan Yu was the only guy who might match Achilles with that level of crazy good in a battle.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 05-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Honestly, the film Troy depicts Achilles as an absolute game changer in a fight: if he's on your side, you're going to win. No ifs or buts.

Your only issue is if he even feels like it and is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Because Hector was the best Troy had and poor dude had to piss off Achilles to the point it was just a downhill battle for him.

...Only reminds me how Red Cliff Guan Yu was the only guy who might match Achilles with that level of crazy good in a battle.
    well he wasn't a pain in the ass to anyone but Agamemnon. he hated the guy. he didn't mind fighting with Odysseus or ajax.