Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Hound & The Mountain vs. Achilles (Troy)

2v1 fight. Clegane bros get their best gear. Zombie Mountain.

BONUS: Ser Arthur Dayne (book/show comp) vs Achilles. Achilles just has his sword and shield.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Achilles is GIGANTICALLY more skilled and has a ridiculous speed edge. He makes he red viper look like a toddler. He'll kind of trivially cut the Cleganes to pieces. He's also canny enough to realize VERY quickly that he needs to kill the faster, more skilled, but much more killable Sandor right off the bat, so he dies first, and probably to a simple one-shot. Once he does that, he just needs to keep cutting pieces off of the mountain until he can't move anymore. It'll take a while, but he'll get there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Troy Achilles was a ridiculously insane killing machine. Agreed with the above. Not just physical and weapon skill, he was damn competent to boot.

Achilles killed a dude at the start of Troy that was probably almost as large as the Mountain; with just one stab. Achilles wins in about five seconds.

It'll take Achilles a lot longer than 5 seconds. The Mountain is in full plate and can tann getting stabbed in a lot of vitals. But Achilles will win without breaking a sweat.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

considering how hard and far he can chunk a spear, it wouldn't surprise me if he could just throw his sword at either of them and just kill them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    considering how hard and far he can chunk a spear, it wouldn't surprise me if he could just throw his sword at either of them and just kill them like that.
    Zombie Mountain tanked getting run through by a sword and a knife right through his head. The thrown spear won't do much to him but it would kill Sandor. For the Mountain he would just need to move in close and chop him to pieces or just take off the head.

Achilles swiftly decapitated a bronze Statue of Apollo. I think he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Achilles swiftly decapitated a bronze Statue of Apollo. I think he wins.
    That feat is so beyond Achilles' other feats it seems more a case of writers not understanding why swords don't casually cut through metal armor taken to an extreme. Achilles is crazy strong, but his presentation in the movie isn't beyond the ballpark of MCU Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That feat is so beyond Achilles' other feats it seems more a case of writers not understanding why swords don't casually cut through metal armor taken to an extreme. Achilles is crazy strong, but his presentation in the movie isn't beyond the ballpark of MCU Captain America.
    Having one specific feat that is more impressive than all his other feats doesn't automatically negate it. What you need is a feat or two that contradicts it outright (e.g., Achilles failing to perform a feat of strength that should be easy for a man who can decapitate bronze statues).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Having one specific feat that is more impressive than all his other feats doesn't automatically negate it. What you need is a feat or two that contradicts it outright (e.g., Achilles failing to perform a feat of strength that should be easy for a man who can decapitate bronze statues).
    Achilles isn't able to immediately chop through people's shields in any of his fights. His hits send people staggering back rather than flying back like a Class 10 or so would, which I would think be the minimum needed strength to cut through 10 inches or so of bronze effortlessly.

Achilles isn't able to immediately chop through people's shields in any of his fights.
    The only person he fights whose shield holds up is Hector, and that's because Achilles was toying with him. We also don't know the composition of Hector's shield.

Nobody else was fast or skilled enough to raise their shields. They were all cut down.

On top of decapitating a bronze statue, Achilles - as pointed out by another poster -- threw a spear at a horseback rider so hard it crossed a 100-yard threshold within a few seconds. Achilles effortlessly cut and slashed through armor and helmets made out of bronze, too. Even if you wanted to discount his statue decapitation feat, Achilles is too much for the Clegane Brothers.

His hits send people staggering back rather than flying back like a Class 10 or so would, which I would think be the minimum needed strength to cut through 10 inches or so of bronze effortlessly.
    Every strong character suffers from these similar 'incosistencies.' If you applied that same standard to MCU Captain America (or the Mountain, for that matter), their greatest feats of strength would be forfeit.

Besides, who's to say Achilles was trying? Man toyed with Hector, the only warrior who posed a threat to him. It could be argued that the only time Achilles ever exerted himself was to decapitate the Statue of Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    BONUS: Ser Arthur Dayne (book/show comp) vs Achilles. Achilles just has his sword and shield.
    Achilles is borderline superhero-level. GoT characters are too grounded to compete.

The spear feat is much more in line with Achilles' general portrayal, so I'd say it's just a high end feat.

Captain America has more than enough feats on a consistent basis for us to establish where he's at.

That feat is so beyond Achilles' other feats it seems more a case of writers not understanding why swords don't casually cut through metal armor taken to an extreme.
    Just to note, nothing establishes that the statue is a solid chunk of bronze rather than being hollow, and chopping the head of a hollow statue would be pretty in line with Achilles' other showings.
    Last edited by Siriel; 05-15-2019 at 08:00 PM.