Default Dr. Doomsday vs. The Sentry

H/P Doomsday merged with 616 Dr. Doom.

1: Regular sentry/void

2: Unified Sentry

No Time Travel. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sentry wins both. He's FAR too strong for them to put down permanently, and nothing they/he have going for them is going to stop the comp from getting Reece'd.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Agreed. Sentry appears to operate in that realm (with Thanos) between heralds and skyfathers. I suppose especially more so now that Void and Sentry have merged into one being.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I would argue that HP Doomsday is likewise well beyond Class 100 folks before the added esoterics of Doom.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Doomsday's strength will be useful but Sentry is way above that in terms of raw power. This fight honestly comes down to whether regular Dr. Doom can find a way to depower Sentry. Since it has been done before, I say Dr. Doomsday for the ultimate win. If DDD tries to fight him directly, he loses.

Astonishing Member

I'm not familiar with this Doomsday but just strength looks to me like the kind of stat that allowed Hulk, during his current return, to punch Challenger's face in righteous anger only to get himself a space trip punch in return for his troubles.

I wonder more about the word on speed, since even if Sentry's doesn't match Kryptonians or Speed Forcers worth that salt, it's still total "doesn't at all hurt to have either" stuff, since there's any number of characters (powerful strongmen, psychics, magicians etc) that could at least attempt something but Sentry should blitz and Sentry-size Brightburn them in the first place.

The Doom side would be better to deal with Sentry depending on what he can pull off.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Doom has actually zapped Sentry with a spirit reversal spell that left him reeling and needing to be talked out of the fetal position by Tony Stark. Doom said he reacted stronger than he should have because he's not a well man. So he might be able to put him down with something like that.

However. Tony was convinced Sentry would have killed Doom without even realizing it if Doom continued to **** with him. So not exactly a sure thing. And Sentry should just blitz here anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Doom has actually zapped Sentry with a spirit reversal spell that left him reeling and needing to be talked out of the fetal position by Tony Stark. Doom said he reacted stronger than he should have because he's not a well man. So he might be able to put him down with something like that.

However. Tony was convinced Sentry would have killed Doom without even realizing it if Doom continued to **** with him. So not exactly a sure thing. And Sentry should just blitz here anyway.
    Stark was right back then. Just accessing Sentry's mind/soul/whatever has never been super difficult, Cranio did it even after Reynolds DBZ-fusioned the Sentry and Void constructs into himself.

It's just that aggressively messing with the guy internally has never been an awesome idea. Emma Frost, even being careful entering the guy's mind, learned that well enough over two encounters. Cranio, cocky with a telepathic helmet and a machine made by Doctor Strange and Iron Man wasn't careful at all and was left comatose or dead.

Doom's authoritative nature would actually hurt his chances here in a direct fight compared to Doctor Strange's efforts to rehabilitate the guy over the years (until Sentry actually became Strange's Pokemon for a little bit), unless he was up to speed with current Sentry and planned accordingly. He looked pretty wise after Dark Reign ended, just waiting for Osborn and Sentry to sort themselves out with minimal risk to himself.