BANNED

Default Batman vs Ra's Al Ghul: Six-Issue Mini-Series By Neil Adams

"...Adams shows a Gotham City under siege by terrorists, with Batman determined to find the source," reads DC's description of the series. "But when Boston Brand, a.k.a. Deadman, tries to intervene, he discovers an even more disturbing and deadly truth: the terrorists are led by an inhuman monster! Ra’s al Ghul volunteers his own private security force to aid the GCPD, and now they are the saviors standing between nuclear terror and the townspeople!"
    https://www.newsarama.com/45196-batm...this-fall.html

Is it me or is there some sort of serious Ra's al Ghul revival coming up in DC ? A mini-series, Ra's being the main antagonist of at least the first arc of BatO. I hope all will do him justice; in today's world, with your ecosystem and climate going down the drain, his message seems particularly compelling to use as a misguided villain more so than just a power hungry ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Is it me or is there some sort of serious Ra's al Ghul revival coming up in DC ? A mini-series, Ra's being the main antagonist of at least the first arc of BatO. I hope all will do him justice; in today's world, with your ecosystem and climate going down the drain, his message seems particularly compelling to use as a misguided villain more so than just a power hungry ass.
    Well, now is as good a time as any to add his first appearances to my collection. Anyone mind telling me which trades I should get to be all full up on classic Ra's?
    And how standalone does this mini look to be?

I was hoping Priest would write this given his showing in 'Tec 1000.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Neil Adams? This is going to be trippy .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I may be remembering it wrong, but does he draw Bruce differently these days (counting his Odyssey series too) compared to the 70s?

I may do this one. I just sold my copy of Batman #232 last year
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Neal Adams writing (and I guess drawing, but that's not even remotely as important) another Batman comic is at least the most important news for the character of the year, if not in fact since the completion of Odyssey. God willing this is a direct sequel - that bonkers-if-not-nearly-bonkers-enough Deadman mini continued some plot threads - and that someday he does a followup to Coming of the Supermen as well, all ultimately culminating in whatever his demented, beautiful vision of a Crisis on Earth-Adams would be.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Neil Adams? This is going to be trippy .
    Agreed. I'm just hoping Talia will show up in this as well.

Hope this isn't as bad as Odyssey but I kinda hope it is at the same time. It was such a strange book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I may be remembering it wrong, but does he draw Bruce differently these days (counting his Odyssey series too) compared to the 70s?
    I agree. It's definitely different. Not as detailed, not as good. I wonder if it's age or just that he works with a different inker?

I like your CASSANDRA CAIN avatar Jasmine.

Interesting.. Maybe I will see it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-17-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I agree. It's definitely different. Not as detailed, not as good. I wonder if it's age or just that he works with a different inker?
    I think it has to do with age (which vary on how much it affects a penciler, just look at José García López still polished art). I remember reading that he's also inking himself, but I don't know if that's true for his whole work, I think his style just changed way too much. Sure, Dick Giordano did an amazing work inking his work, but Neal Adams pencils were awesome nonetheless. I think that with an adequated inker and colorist, his work could shine more, new techniques don't always mix well with old styles, as recolorings of Neal Adams original run in Batman show
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Batman drawn by Neal Adams will always get at least one issue out of me, so I'll be giving this a look.

To answer an earlier question. Yes, Adams draws differently now than he used to.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

He should get Tom Palmer to ink for him, if he’s still working.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com