Default Gladiator vs. The Runner

Gladiator has the Quantum Bands and can use them at Vaughn levels.

616. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Gladiator has the Quantum Bands and can use them at Vaughn levels.

616. Arena.
    He's still wayyyyyyyy too slow here. Runner is a fair bit faster than the Glads/Surfer/Wally crowd. And he hits hard enough to hurt Thanos - Thanos only won their encounter because Runner stopped to chat and Thanos de-aged him to a baby. Kallark isn't surviving the blitz.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Won't help him as far as not getting blitzed out to hell. The Runner can hurt Thanos, stacking the defensive aura of the bands ontop of Gladiator's durability is not going to help with that.

Edit: Nevermind. Got my answer :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

How would Runner's "like me aura" interact with the Arena bloodlust?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    How would Runner's "like me aura" interact with the Arena bloodlust?
    I suppose Runner is one of the few (the only?) that mitigates arena bloodlust at the bell?
    Last edited by Cronus; 05-15-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

It's not as though the aura has stopped people from fighting him per se. It's also moot here anywho.

Runner is living proof you CAN run away from all your problems. Or at the very least punch them into nonexistence real friggen quick.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

runner vs makkari would be a interesting fight given he won the intergalactic race the runner had organized and being a eternal has complete molecular control over his body allowing him to reconstitute himself from a speed blitz unlike the Eternals of titan.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    runner vs makkari would be a interesting fight given he won the intergalactic race the runner had organized and being a eternal has complete molecular control over his body allowing him to reconstitute himself from a speed blitz unlike the Eternals of titan.
    The molecular control thing doesn't prevent Eternals from being knocked out by sufficient face punching, particularly when the Runner demonstrated he could enter that Ultimate Speed janky thing as well. Also a problem for Makkari, all his attacks will bounce off a guy who can straight up ignore attacks from the Silver Surfer like they're nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The molecular control thing doesn't prevent Eternals from being knocked out by sufficient face punching, particularly when the Runner demonstrated he could enter that Ultimate Speed janky thing as well.
    So who will be going catch me if you can in this rumble? I thought his eternal constitution would at least enable him to absorb his speed blitz more effectively than thanos. seems like it doesn't matter much.

So who will be going catch me if you can in this rumble? I thought his eternal constitution would at least enable him to absorb his speed blitz more effectively than thanos. seems like it doesn't matter much.
    His durability is still nowhere near enough to keep him from being one shotted by even a partial hit.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Nah, Earth Eternal molecular control and immortality means they can and will come back, but they can get KO'd just fine, and have been many times, even those who are far more combat-specialized than Makkari, like Ikaris and Thena.

Against someone who can both hurt Thanos with punches and ignore the Surfer doing the same, Makkari would be dooooooooomed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan