View Poll Results: Power Levels: Do You Prefer Comics Captain America or Movie Captain America?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comics Cap

5 25.00%
  • MCU Cap

15 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

I like the idea of comic book Cap better, but "peak human" in comics is so not "peak human" IRL. Cap has some out there feats, so I don't really think it matters so much.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, no. The helicopter curling stunt required Cap to curl a minimum of 3,000 lbs (1,362 KG). That's a bit beyond "peak human" levels.
    Additional data: The current peak human curl is 1/12th the force it would take to curl a helicopter out of flight. The force it takes to curl a helicopter out of take off is more than it takes to rip a human arm from the socket.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i don't know why so many people tried to duplicate that serum if it didnt give some level of super human ability and only brought you to peak human

It makes more sense the mcu way, even if I've enjoyed arcs where writers exploit his physical human-ness to bring out his strength of character in how he just stands among straight up gods never giving up

besides, MCU steve isn't overpowered like thor level, so we still get to have such moments and his combat style still relies on cleverly using the tools he has like his shield to get an advantage.
    Peak human would be appealing to any military or army because you'd be able to raise the performance of every member of your organization in a predictable manner. No pun intended, but every army loves uniform.

To the subject at hand, though, I think both work. Comic's Cap's power levels work for comics, making him enough of an under dog and MCU Cap works because peak human would be impossible to tell to tell from regular movie stunts
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 05-16-2019 at 06:39 PM.

He's a supersoldier. "Peak human" is a silly concept. He's the chemical version of a cyborg and I prefer stories to be honest about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    He's a supersoldier. "Peak human" is a silly concept. He's the chemical version of a cyborg and I prefer stories to be honest about that.
    I've always thought of Rogers as an Enhanced Human.