View Poll Results: Power Levels: Do You Prefer Comics Captain America or Movie Captain America?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comics Cap

5 25.00%
  • MCU Cap

15 75.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boisterously Confused

Default Power Levels: Do You Prefer Comics Captain America or Movie Captain America?

MCU Cap is a bit of a different animal than his source material. Simon and Kirby's Cap is the peak of human capabilities. MCU Cap is about halfway between S&K's Cap and Siegle & Schuster's Superman. Which way do you prefer your Captain America?

To be clear, this is about powers, not characterization.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Lightbulb

Comic Book Cap all the way for me in regards to both power level & characterization.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Frankly I don't think they should be considered different. The whole power is just a little different, equalized so that anyone can fight basically anyone in the MCU. But he should really be able to pull off the same stuff.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Frankly I don't think they should be considered different. The whole power is just a little different, equalized so that anyone can fight basically anyone in the MCU. But he should really be able to pull off the same stuff.
    Dude. MCU Cap Curled A Helicopter Out Of It's Takeoff. That's a good bit more than being able to at least match the curling.world record holder at 113 kg/249.12 lbs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dude. MCU Cap Curled A Helicopter Out Of It's Takeoff. That's a good bit more than being able to at least match the curling.world record holder at 113 kg/249.12 lbs.
    Actually I would consider that to be more of a pec fly than an arm curl. Impressive nonetheless.

A better example of his strength being in the superhuman level would be the opening of Age of Ultron when he flipped and then hurled his motorcycle 50 feet in front of him at Hydra soldiers. Realistically he should be able to life the bike but not really throw it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Actually I would consider that to be more of a pec fly than an arm curl. Impressive nonetheless.

A better example of his strength being in the superhuman level would be the opening of Age of Ultron when he flipped and then hurled his motorcycle 50 feet in front of him at Hydra soldiers. Realistically he should be able to life the bike but not really throw it.
    Bottom line: saying there is no difference between Movie Cap's and Comic Cap's abilities is not defensible.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-15-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

I feel like a super soldier should be superhuman. Not that Comics Cap hasn’t pulled off superhuman feats. I just like that it’s more noticeable.