Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, wait...is there no Bret La Forge?
    Yeah, there's been no mention of Bret also I'm kind of hoping Leah isn't Geordi's wife I found that "Relationship" very creepy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious about the New Jersey. Obviously kind of an excuse to fit a classic constitution in there As the original Enterprise was long since refitted and then destroyed, and a lot of the others I think were also destroyed, refitted, or in the case of the original Defiant, stuck in another universe) a lot of the other ships seemed and a reference to Matalas's birth state, but also kind of curious what "in-universe" thing it did for the fleet museum. This is also probably the ship Picard refers to in "Relics" as well.
    Maybe the New Jersey simply had the strange fortune that it had remained in second line or even civilian service and missed re-fit for so long that by the time someone in star fleet realized that there was a 100 year old genuine original Con-class ship warping around federation space, they put it straight into museum to showcase the classic original design of one of star fleets most storied classes.

Like one of those WW2 ships or submarines handed from navy to navy until it was still in service by the 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah, there's been no mention of Bret also I'm kind of hoping Leah isn't Geordi's wife I found that "Relationship" very creepy.
    You mean its not romantic that he broke up a marriage to get involved with the real-life version of his holodeck crush? Huh.

Seriously, likewise, or, Geordi has one thing in common with Riker and Kirk...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd love to see the A bridge from VI it's one of my top 5 bridges with the Kelvin Enterprise Bridge, SNW Enterprise Bridge, Enterprise Bridge from II, III, & IV (Although it was "cleaned up" for IV to look new), & the Enterprise-D Bridge from Generations which I think might be Geordi's secret project in the Hanger they mentioned.
    The bridge from II, III, IV and actually five as well are re-decos of the TMP bridge, although it's less obvious with the V version since it had the new TNG style displays, color and floor as the set designers wanted to make it look like a missing link between the TOS movie and TNG bridges.

The main difference between the Enterprise Bridge set in TMP and how it appears in II & III in particular is the lighting and some of the stations have been re-arranged, in particular the science console which is in it's more traditional TOS place instead of behind the Captain's chair. Wonder if it's kind of intentional, I think at least twice in TMP Kirk fails to notice something going on the screen for a second because he had his back to it when he's talking to Decker and later, Spock. The Wormhole for example. Imagine him having to do that in TWOK every time Spock gave him an update on what Reliant was up to!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The bridge from II, III, IV and actually five as well are re-decos of the TMP bridge, although it's less obvious with the V version since it had the new TNG style displays, color and floor as the set designers wanted to make it look like a missing link between the TOS movie and TNG bridges.

The main difference between the Enterprise Bridge set in TMP and how it appears in II & III in particular is the lighting and some of the stations have been re-arranged, in particular the science console which is in it's more traditional TOS place instead of behind the Captain's chair. Wonder if it's kind of intentional, I think at least twice in TMP Kirk fails to notice something going on the screen for a second because he had his back to it when he's talking to Decker and later, Spock. The Wormhole for example. Imagine him having to do that in TWOK every time Spock gave him an update on what Reliant was up to!
    I know it's the same set I just prefer the changes made to the controls layout between TMP and TWOK with

Moving Science to where Engineering was.
    Moving Engineering to where Environmental was.
    Moving Environmental to where Internal Security was.
    & Moving Internal Security to where Science was.

I'm genuinely overwhelmed by how awesome this episode was from both nostalgia and the connections between old and new characters. I'll admit, I teared up a bit.
    Quick thoughts...
    >Any episode where Brent Spiner plays more than one personality is golden.
    >Considering all the transformations and general weird bollocks that happens to the best crews in the fleet on a fairly regular basis, S31 keeping their remains for study makes perfect sense.
    >I think the Changelings are going to reactivate the Borg components left in Picard's organic body to resurrect Locutus, call down the remains of the real Borg Collective, and try to destroy the combined Federation fleet.
    >Considering my screen name, you'll understand why this is of special importance to me...
    THE NX01 REFIT IS NOW CANON!!!!!! *weeps for joy*
    nx refit.jpg
    Once we saw the other classic ships, I literally said that I hope they include it!
    We were cheated out of an ENT s5 but I'm glad this upgrade has finally made it on screen!
    And yes, I demand a classic ships of the line battle against whatever bad guy forces are in the finale! Worf commanding the Defiant, 7 on Voyager, Picard sitting in the captain's chair of a Galaxy class they dig up somewhere (possibly literally)... I demand it!

Honestly? This is the best episode of Star Trek since ENT's 'Terra Prime'. *more joyful weeping*
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-23-2023 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Picard sitting in the captain's chair of a Galaxy class they dig up somewhere
    Would you settle for just the saucer section? All that's left of the E-D.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Would you settle for just the saucer section? All that's left of the E-D.
    Geordi dug up the Ent D saucer and put it on a Galaxy star drive from the Dominion War.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

So who do we think is Vadic and the changelings' "Boss?"

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm genuinely overwhelmed by how awesome this episode was from both nostalgia and the connections between old and new characters. I'll admit, I teared up a bit.
    Quick thoughts...
    >Any episode where Brent Spiner plays more than one personality is golden.
    >Considering all the transformations and general weird bollocks that happens to the best crews in the fleet on a fairly regular basis, S31 keeping their remains for study makes perfect sense.
    >I think the Changelings are going to reactivate the Borg components left in Picard's organic body to resurrect Locutus, call down the remains of the real Borg Collective, and try to destroy the combined Federation fleet.
    >Considering my screen name, you'll understand why this is of special importance to me...
    THE NX01 REFIT IS NOW CANON!!!!!! *weeps for joy*
    nx refit.jpg
    Once we saw the other classic ships, I literally said that I hope they include it!
    We were cheated out of an ENT s5 but I'm glad this upgrade has finally made it on screen!
    And yes, I demand a classic ships of the line battle against whatever bad guy forces are in the finale! Worf commanding the Defiant, 7 on Voyager, Picard sitting in the captain's chair of a Galaxy class they dig up somewhere (possibly literally)... I demand it!

Honestly? This is the best episode of Star Trek since ENT's 'Terra Prime'. *more joyful weeping*
    I agree fully. Everything about this episode had me completely joyous. Picard Season 3 has been masterful, I even love the new characters. They’re not even running away from the problems of the previous seasons but instead leveraging them into something good.

My god I wish we could have more of Trek like this.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

The upgrade also appears as a model young Picard is with in season 2.

Kind of wonder if we see Enterprise-F if it'll have a scene where it shows the previous Enterprises in one of the rooms that actually has the NX-01. Both the motion picture and the TNG observation longue don't feature it (Of course since it was made later) although the TNG version also omits the boat, space shuttle and ringship from the TMP display, only sticking with the Aircraft carrier apart from the starfleet ships; the ones on the E I think can be explained as just the Federation/1701 versions as that's all that's shown.

The post-TMP novel Ex Machina does have a pretty good explanation for it-since the refit was still not technically 100% complete, the screen showing it hadn't been installed yet!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The STU is much better than the MCU

So, in the Fleet Museum you got the NX Enterprise, the Enterprise A, The Excelsior, Rumored Enterprise D Saucer, Stargazer, Voyager, Defiant, The Pioneer, The New Jersey, HMS Bounty, The Leondegrance (Uhura's Ship), A Nova Class Ship, A Nebula Class Ship, A Miranda Class Ship Possibly Bozeman, An Akira, TMP Era Klingon Ship, & A Romulan Bird of Prey.

Last a Saber Class Vessel I wonder if it could be the USS Da Vinci from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers eBooks.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what happened to the Enterprise-E? Maybe they are holding that one in reserve so that Picard can commandeer it in the final episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Now that I think about it, I wonder what happened to the Enterprise-E? Maybe they are holding that one in reserve so that Picard can commandeer it in the final episode.
    The only said is her last mission was classified by Starfleet.