Oh I loved Picard, but I love Picard as a character, add in Seven and a bad-ass Vulcan and killer Romulans? SOLD! Discovery... really they need to fire their casting director, season 3's additions were mediocre TO BAD actors. Just plain bad (save the villain, she was good). Season 3 in general was pretty awful actually, whenever Georgio wasn't on screen. Best episodes were her two-part arc. Such a shame how bad Discovery got, after such a brilliant close to S1 and lots and lots of fun parts to S2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
I have no idea why you guys want episodic shows. Usually you would get one maybe 2 really good episodes with the rest being ok to meh.
I think it's because certain episodic structures lend themselves better to re-watchability. I've rewatched far more stand alone episodes of Star Trek and Buffy than I have of Game of Thrones or Orange is the New Black. There is room for both, I like a mix (personally). So an overall arc but each framed in one episode. Let's be fair, nothing Discovery's arc has done comes close to rivaling Yesterday's Enterprise.