Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2040

Seeing the old ships brought a joy to my heart especially the 2 Constitution classes the Constitution Refit is my favorite of all time, and it was great to see the Classic TOS Era Constitution class and not the SNW version.

Edit: Also, when Jack was being dickish at the beginning I would have loved a parting line to Picard. "Well I should look at the brightside I could have inherited your hairline.".
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-23-2023 at 09:39 AM.

This kind of felt a bit like a Reeves-Stevens or a Doctor Who finale, which crammed in as much continuity/references as possible.

Not one, but two legendary dead Captains on ice, A new Genesis Device etc. Although it's not named it also seems like the ship next to the Bounty is probably Kronos One.

Kind of curious about the New Jersey. Obviously kind of an excuse to fit a classic constitution in there As the original Enterprise was long since refitted and then destroyed, and a lot of the others I think were also destroyed, refitted, or in the case of the original Defiant, stuck in another universe) a lot of the other ships seemed and a reference to Matalas's birth state, but also kind of curious what "in-universe" thing it did for the fleet museum. This is also probably the ship Picard refers to in "Relics" as well.

Looks like Lore (sort of) and Moriarty were a bit of misdirection in the previews (I guess the "real" Moriarty is still doing his adventures in his "bottle" blissfully unaware). Kudos to Dan Davis, he actually seemed to channel some of Spiner's mannerisms there with the annoyance sounding a lot like Data when he rarely displayed anger or frustration with the Emotion chip; and the smile of course).

Also guessing Picard-cicle's body will probably be used to maybe cure or stabilize Jack's condition. Or vice versa?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-23-2023 at 10:09 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

A bloodthirsty tribble on the lose would be truly horrifying.

Lol!

"Leave it to you to turn fatherhood into an inter-galactic event Jean Luc."

Geordie with the quips, lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

USS New Jersey NCC-1975

Terry was born in 1975 and was raised in New Jersey.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The crew of the Titan A was lucky those Starfleet Ships had Stormtroopers shooting at them. Locked on, close range, fired 6 times, and missed them all.

Great Episode though. Star Trek IV was my first and favorite Star Trek Times so the HMS Bounty has a special place in my heart.

Just dawn on me Geordi's a Commadore meaning he outranks Will.

Anyone else hoping they find a reason to get a few of those ships out of mothballs in the final episode for a big battle to save the galaxy?

Actually, with Geordi bringing up how all modern starships are networked and talk to each other, it wouldn't surprise me if they did do just that. Plus, how fitting would it be to have Picard and his crew back on the bridge of an Enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anyone else hoping they find a reason to get a few of those ships out of mothballs in the final episode for a big battle to save the galaxy?

Actually, with Geordi bringing up how all modern starships are networked and talk to each other, it wouldn't surprise me if they did do just that. Plus, how fitting would it be to have Picard and his crew back on the bridge of an Enterprise?
    With the Enterprise A there and this theory...

The ending would be ... satisfactory.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Kind of curious if the Enterprise-A bridge set still exists. The one used for Star Trek IV and V (and also for the previous Enterprise since TMP) was destroyed during bad weather (It was outside in the parking lot) between it's use in TNG as the battle bridge so a new set was made for VI and used for other ships, but a new one was made for VI and used for many ships, last one being the Equinox.

I suppose they'll probably just re-dress the SNW bridge if they do use the A I guess. The helm for example doesn't need too much of a makeover...

Shatner still seems in pretty good health (He went to space after all!) so maybe he filmed something? As for his age they can just explain it as side-effects of being dead?

Extra points if he says the "It's cold!" line from Star Trek VI.

Might be a long shot, but given the series has already done a lot of nostalgia stuff I wouldn't put it past them.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-23-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious if the Enterprise-A bridge set still exists. The one used for Star Trek IV and V (and also for the previous Enterprise since TMP) was destroyed during bad weather (It was outside in the parking lot) between it's use in TNG as the battle bridge so a new set was made for VI and used for other ships, but a new one was made for VI and used for many ships, last one being the Equinox.

I suppose they'll probably just re-dress the SNW bridge if they do use the A I guess. The helm for example doesn't need too much of a makeover...

Shatner still seems in pretty good health (He went to space after all!) so maybe he filmed something? As for his age they can just explain it as side-effects of being dead?

Extra points if he says the "It's cold!" line from Star Trek VI.

Might be a long shot, but given the series has already done a lot of nostalgia stuff I wouldn't put it past them.
    I'd love to see the A bridge from VI it's one of my top 5 bridges with the Kelvin Enterprise Bridge, SNW Enterprise Bridge, Enterprise Bridge from II, III, & IV (Although it was "cleaned up" for IV to look new), & the Enterprise-D Bridge from Generations which I think might be Geordi's secret project in the Hanger they mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd love to see the A bridge from VI it's one of my top 5 bridges with the Kelvin Enterprise Bridge, SNW Enterprise Bridge, Enterprise Bridge from II, III, & IV (Although it was "cleaned up" for IV to look new), & the Enterprise-D Bridge from Generations which I think might be Geordi's secret project in the Hanger they mentioned.
    If the last shot is the crew reminiscing on the Enterprise- D's bridge, that would be perfect.

As for the A, all they need is a a green room with minimal props and setting, and they can digitally recreate the bridge if they wish.

I think it's stated somewhere that the D's saucer is actually there. If it's his secret project perhaps he's restoring it (or even giving it warp somehow, maybe connecting it to another Galaxy class secondary hull?)

Kind of interesting that all the ships are powered too, possibly they're given tours (Probably lacking weapons or any other similar systems though). Although Bounty still has it's cloaking device (Maybe after having trouble finding it they didn't want to mess with it again?)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-23-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Given that Season 3 of Picard is basically, heck, LITERALLY, a love letter to the fans (and a well written one, too), I think you called it, and that is exactly what will happen.

So, wait...is there no Bret La Forge?