Page 89 of 136 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2040

Refit has been used very loosely in Picard especially with the Stargazer and now Titan. A true refit wouldn't need a new registry number IMO.

If the Titan-A is a Refit than IMO it's not an upgrade version of Riker's Titan which was a Luna Class Vessel but an upgraded version of the original Titan from the 23rd Century which was Shangri-La Class which the Neo Constitution is based off.

My only complaint was Dr. Crusher showing off mad combat skills and shotgunning dudes at point blank. Seemed OOC and would have liked to see her outsmart the bad guys more (like the vent shot). But that's just me being pedantic.

Somebody on this thread suggested Worf as Raffi's handler ... Totally see it now. However, I thought the trailer said he was an ambassador?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Refit has been used very loosely in Picard especially with the Stargazer and now Titan. A true refit wouldn't need a new registry number IMO.

If the Titan-A is a Refit than IMO it's not an upgrade version of Riker's Titan which was a Luna Class Vessel but an upgraded version of the original Titan from the 23rd Century which was Shangri-La Class which the Neo Constitution is based off.
    It does not look like a Shangri-La Class but that is just cosmetic so you could be right too... it could be from the design perspective... instead of using current design they pulled old design and made changes and upgraded there.... either way I like the new ship I was not fond of the Inquiry class shown in Picard season 1... retro look design works for me..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 02-17-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Somebody on this thread suggested Worf as Raffi's handler ... Totally see it now. However, I thought the trailer said he was an ambassador?
    Your average embassy is rife with agents. It's almost mandatory.

Things I didn't like upon watching it a second time.

Crusher's shootout. I liked when she shot the vent the rest of the fight should have been that creative.

Was anyone underwhelmed by the Titan? I was like.. "That's it?" When I first saw it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

At least you liked it enough for a second watch. I'll be doing that over the weekend. I'll probably skip the dinner scene, though.

I'd obviously prefer a Neo-Galaxy but I can live with the Titan A. We'll hopefully see a better hero ship later on for a two against one battle against the Shrike a la Undiscovered Country.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Well I'm impressed. Well calibrated episode, the dialogue was great, music great...loved the TNG font after the graphics credits.

So somehow this is Picard's son with Beverly? Composite clone I guess, which is functionally the same as a child. Already like him better than Wesley at least.

All of this made me wonder how a Voyager reunion show would go. Picard and Riker talking like an old married couple, I could totally see that with modern-day Janeway and Chakotay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well I'm impressed. Well calibrated episode, the dialogue was great, music great...loved the TNG font after the graphics credits.

So somehow this is Picard's son with Beverly? Composite clone I guess, which is functionally the same as a child. Already like him better than Wesley at least.

All of this made me wonder how a Voyager reunion show would go. Picard and Riker talking like an old married couple, I could totally see that with modern-day Janeway and Chakotay.
    B'Lanna and Tom as an actual old married couple.

They also leaned heavily on the idea Picard tried to have a relationship with Beverly but it failed. So maybe "junior" was created the old fashion way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    B'Lanna and Tom as an actual old married couple.
    While true, I'd still rather see Janeway and Chakotay talk like that. It would be fun with them, exhausting with Tom and B'lanna.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I actually thought the quote "new refit" meant they upgraded Riker's old ship not rebuilt a new one but new refit can mean many things so you can be right ..
    Apparently the show runner just wanted to have a retro feel to the sets when bringing back the Next gen cast

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-tr...major-changes/

Incredible Member

This should have been season 1, they wasted two seasons on garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Ι just saw the first episode.
    It feels like an entirely different series in terms of tone, writing, characterization and direction.
    I really liked it and I pretty sure this will please everyone or at least the majority of Trekkers and Trekkies.
    Of course, I have some minor issues....
    Whatever happened to the wormhole from S2? It wasn't even mentioned and it was presented as a major concern for the wellbeing of everyone in Alpha Quantrant.
    The Titan-A... It doesn't giving me any 25th Century vibes at all. It is a ship better suited for the cinematic part of the TOS era. I still doesn't understand their refusal to use the Enerprise F as the main ship.
    Captain Shaw... I really want to throw HIM in the nearest airlock.
    Raffi still being a thing.
    TNG used a bunch of TOS movie designs, with the exception of the constitution oddly enough.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

They're in Prodigy..sort of. As for the son, although the actor is 34 he could reasonably pass for mid 20s which would be his age if he was born shortly after Nemesis.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-17-2023 at 08:51 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    TNG used a bunch of TOS movie designs, with the exception of the constitution oddly enough.
    Originally the Stargazer was going to be a Constitution Class Picard even had a model in his Ready Room in the 1st few episodes until they changed it to the Constellation Class.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My only complaint was Dr. Crusher showing off mad combat skills and shotgunning dudes at point blank. Seemed OOC and would have liked to see her outsmart the bad guys more (like the vent shot). But that's just me being pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Agreed on both. Its too bad this show finally found its rhythm now (but at least they found it).

Overall, this was a great first episode.

+ Character Dynamic between Riker and Picard
    + Close-Up/Details of the Ships and Build Up
    + Leaving Space Dock
    + Happy to see Picard's Housekeeper again.
    + I love Ensign "Crash" LaForge
    + For the first time ever, Raffi did a good job

- Crusher: Her intro was wack. It was like Expendables meets Stormtroopers. That assassin had an automatic weapon, fired multiple shots at close range in a narrow hallway but couldn't hit her, yet she kills both assailants with nearly one round each. At least she used her brain to deal with the second one.

- Titan Captain: This guy is no Jellico. With Jellico, I totally understood him. He was a Captain built for war (not diplomacy) and whipped the crew up as fast as he could in order to prepare them for the worst. His intentions were good. Captain Shane on the other hand just feels like a cookie cutter rude superior as a sacrificial lamb so "Seven" will be promoted. I hope there's a reason he hates the borg other than "I'm a jerk" and why exactly did he eat dinner before everyone else? I can't think of any reason to do that other than "I'm a jerk"
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 02-17-2023 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    What did garbage do to you that was so awful that you would compare it to seasons one and two of Picard?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    - Titan Captain: This guy is no Jellico. With Jellico, I totally understood him. He was a Captain built for war (not diplomacy) and whipped the crew up as fast as he could in order to prepare them for the worst. His intentions were good. Captain Shane on the other hand just feels like a cookie cutter rude superior as a sacrificial lamb so "Seven" will be promoted. I hope there's a reason he hates the borg other than "I'm a jerk" and why exactly did he eat dinner before everyone else? I can't think of any reason to do that other than "I'm a jerk"
    Yeah, just making a point about how Seven Of Nine has become commander in such a short amount of time and has friends in high places like Janeway and Picard and still is whining. If she is having trouble now I hate to see what happens when things get rough.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-17-2023 at 11:46 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest