Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

I would have jumped for joy if La Sirena had been an updated Runabout but it's so basic and could fit right into almost any space show/game. It's definitely not unique or memorable in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Q maturing? Sounds odd for a being of his age, but it could be interesting. Q and Picard together is what I'm looking forward to the most so far
    Even When he showed up on Voyager Q was acting much more adult especially after having his kid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I would have jumped for joy if La Sirena had been an updated Runabout but it's so basic and could fit right into almost any space show/game. It's definitely not unique or memorable in any way.
    It's basically an independent freighter, so that makes sense. It's probably not a unique craft, just one among many in mass market starship design.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It's basically an independent freighter, so that makes sense. It's probably not a unique craft, just one among many in mass market starship design.
    I get all that but I just wanted it to look cool in a decidedly Trek-like lineage, even if non-Federation. Even the kids in Prodigy got the cool Protostar.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

...but do we really need or want a 'heartbreaking psychological exploration of Picard'? Wasn't s1 heartbreaking enough? Wasn't 'Logan' enough? 'Picard' should be about being better, not being broken.

Game changing? I'm guessing it isn't something that impacts Discovery further down on the timeline, unless it's the start of the Vulcan reunification which ultimately results in Ni'var (and of course Picard is heavily involved with Romulans and Spock's attempts), or the start of the Time travel conflicts that were occasionally teased in the shows, but outlawed by the time of Discovery.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

A golem war? *shrugs*

Incredible Member

This week’s episode of The Ready Room has a clip of the Picard ep 1. It starts at the 24-minute mark.

Incredible Member

Great start to the new season. This actually felt like Star Trek.

Started watching it. I think it's going to be interesting that it looks like this season might deal a lot with Picard's family and past, which were of course things explored here and there in TNG and in Generations.

A few things

-The Excelsior is back, although it's not 100% clear if this is the same one from TOS. But an Excelsior class is shown among the fleet, a second before Raffi hails from the Excelsior. (Which also includes several other TNG era ships, including at least one Sovereign-class, although it's unclear if it's Enterprise-E. Much better than the cut and paste of Riker's fleet). There's also a placard of Excelsior showing the same registry number, although it could just be one of those Starfleet historical things we see all the time. (Heck, Picard has models of the other Enterprises apart from his own in his house).

-Borg are also a threat but their tactics and look of the Queen we see seem different. Maybe they're from the same alternate universe? Or maybe she was just stunning the SG crew to keep them alive for assimilation.

-Small bit of De-aging used on Q initially to provide a reason for him looking older. Also dialogue-wise used in reverse to explain why centuries-old Quinan has visibly aged.

-Haven't seen the movie in a while but apparently there are a lot of 12 monkeys references.

-Strong hints that Picard's family had major issues apart from what we've already seen in TNG, hence why he has some commitment/love problems.

-There's a few instances of the TMP/TNG theme.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-04-2022 at 08:12 AM.

I try to avoid spoilers, so I came in knowing very little of the plot for season 2. I knew Guinan, Q, and the Borg would be in the season but not much else. I was surprised most of the cast is back in Starfleet (or newly joined in Elnor's case). Though I found season 1 disappointing, one aspect I did like was being outside the standard Trek "Starfleet crew" storyline. Oh well.

I'm curious how they'll incorporate the android lady (blanking on her name) into the story.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Picard (and maybe Discovery?) just kind of put the TNG style Romulans together with the ridgeless ones from TOS I think and didn't seem to really comment on the distinction that I'm aware of. Of course part of the reason behind that might've been so Oh could pass as a Vulcan and become a high-level mole.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I don't recall if it was mentioned onscreen, but the first tie-in novel elaborated. I think it was a northern/southern continent thing...? Or something along those lines.
    It was mentioned in passing on the show as well. The Romulan couple that work(ed) for Picard, the woman said something along the lines of "That's what I get for marrying a northerner (or southerner, don't recall which region specifically)" to her ridge head husband.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I found this first episode of S2 to be enjoyable.

I co-sign the thought that Rios's crew from S1 is now Starfeet. Reinstated I suppose. I had hoped the Picard series would be a bit more "frontier/pirate" type operations. Instead we are more status quo this season.

Lots of familiar for this season. Guinan, Q, Stargazer and of course Borg Queen so what will happen new to keep us all interested?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime