Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, what a great trailer. I've largely lost interest in TNG crew as my love and appreciation for the original crew grew but I got me some goosebumps watching that trailer. It helps that it seems to have moved away from the uptight, stiff nature of the characters on the show towards them actually behaving like humans. Though, to be fair, that did improve as the show went on and certainly by First Contact. Plus, Picard was always the best character on the show and Stewart probably the best Trek actor ever so this show is definitely starting with its best foot forward.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wonder if Riker/Troi's home is in Alaska.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Riker/Troi's home is in Alaska.
    I think the weather control net corrected climate change.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

So I finally saw a trailer for this (via Youtube), and now I'm interested in a series I was neutral towards before.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I was watching it again earlier and I noticed something new...I think Hugh is in this!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I was watching it again earlier and I noticed something new...I think Hugh is in this!
    Yeah that was confirmed a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I really hope this doesn’t suck.
    Yeah, somehow a series featuring a beloved returning character turning out bad seems worse then a completely brand-new show about new characters turning out bad.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Data...LOL. Super weird looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Brent Spiner aged. *shrugs*
    In one of the episodes, it was mentioned that Data was programmed to age at least in appearance (although the rate of age wasn't specified, since it was always a given that Data would outlive everyone had Nemesis not happened, nor was it touched on whether the aging could be reversed).

Based on the last trailer though, I wonder if Data is only a figment of Picard's imagination. While he could've been resurrected somehow (in B-4 like in the '09 movie comic prequel), the only clips we've seen so far appear to suggest the former, albeit out of context. If so, that would rationalize away any discrepancies or oddities in the character's appearance.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

There's a few shots in the first teaser that show a disassembled Data-type; possibly B4. Maybe the dreams inspire Picard to try to ressurect Data using B4 using the "backup" he put in B4's mind in Nemesis. I'm guessing that was kind of their way of potentially bringing back Data spock-style. (The Trek EU kind of ran with this and ressurected Data this way in the comics and I think the novels as well).

There's a few shots in the first teaser that show a disassembled Data-type; possibly B4. Maybe the dreams inspire Picard to try to ressurect Data using B4 using the "backup" he put in B4's mind in Nemesis. I'm guessing that was kind of their way of potentially bringing back Data spock-style. (The Trek EU kind of ran with this and ressurected Data this way in the comics and I think the novels as well).
    Resurrecting Data shouldn't be more complex than when they did it with Spock.

Yeah-it'd probably be a lot easier than going to a forbidden and then rapidly decaying planet.

Makes me wonder, what did Kirk and co. really need with Spock's body? As far as they knew, Spock was still a corpse with severe radiation burns. It was kind of just luck that he was pretty much brought back from scratch.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Yeah-it'd probably be a lot easier than going to a forbidden and then rapidly decaying planet.

Makes me wonder, what did Kirk and co. really need with Spock's body? As far as they knew, Spock was still a corpse with severe radiation burns. It was kind of just luck that he was pretty much brought back from scratch.
    IIRC, the body was needed for the ritual to lay Spock to rest, and without it McCoy dies from of having Spock's essence in him.

On-topic: Just saw the Picard trailer again, and it came off even better.

I got an earful from someone today who was ranting about Picards dog being a Pitbull because in real life he runs a pitbull sanctuary and loves the breed. I assume since I have a Pitbull they thought I'd give a sh**. Weirdest stranger ranting at me for no reason experience I've had an awhile. I moved to a rural area for my job last year and got alot of Trump rants directed my way. But yea Stat Trek that's a new topic lol.

Not a huge star trek fan but I think this show looks good and remember the old Next generation show from when I was a kid. Is this on that CBS app?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In one of the episodes, it was mentioned that Data was programmed to age at least in appearance (although the rate of age wasn't specified, since it was always a given that Data would outlive everyone had Nemesis not happened, nor was it touched on whether the aging could be reversed)
    Yes they were trying to have it both ways basically, lol. They addressed the fact that Spiner was actually aging with that one line, but then in other episodes before and after that one they mentioned how Data wouldn't age. In the "alternate future" shown in the final episode of the series he hadn't aged except for a patch of gray hair he chose to put in to look "distinguished".
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Yeah when Data's "Mother" was discovered to be an android they said she aged like Data.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah when Data's "Mother" was discovered to be an android they said she aged like Data.
    The Dr Soong hologram said that he'd programmed her to age, not that he'd programmed Data to age.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'