Page 45 of 136 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Or, the previous showrunner didn't think she was necessary to the overall narrative. And no I don't agree with that at all. But it is possible he thought that for whatever reason. We have a new showrunner now, so, time will tell if he's more open to other TNG characters appearing or not. We're already getting Guinan and now Q, so that's a good sign IMO.

If it felt like the showrunners didn't really have a plan on how to end the first season of Picard it's because they didn't. Taken from a Hollywood Reporter article. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...g-q-for-picard

THR:Switching to Picard, what did you guys learn from the first season in terms of pulling off the show that you’re bringing into season two?

Akiva Goldsman: Figure out the end earlier. If you're going to do a serialized show, you have the whole story before you start shooting. It's more like a movie in that way — you better know the end of your third act before you start filming your first scene.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If it felt like the showrunners didn't really have a plan on how to end the first season of Picard it's because they didn't. Taken from a Hollywood Reporter article. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...g-q-for-picard

THR:Switching to Picard, what did you guys learn from the first season in terms of pulling off the show that you’re bringing into season two?

Akiva Goldsman: Figure out the end earlier. If you're going to do a serialized show, you have the whole story before you start shooting. It's more like a movie in that way — you better know the end of your third act before you start filming your first scene.
    Maybe that explains why I hated the way they ended things with Picard in the season's last episode.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Maybe that explains why I hated the way they ended things with Picard in the season's last episode.
    But wait, it gets better!

THR: You're bringing back Q, but Picard is a pretty different show, tonally, than Next Gen. So how do you evolve Q like you evolved Jean-Luc, so that he's still the same character but not overly broad or cartoonish?

Akiva Goldsman: You asked the exact right question, and the answer is: "In the same way that we have tried to do with Picard himself." [Co-showrunner] Terry Matalas and I don't pretend that the interstitial years didn't happen. No, obviously, chronological time is less relevant to Q. The time between shows is probably not even the blink of an eye in Q time — if you even have Q time. But we definitely chose to follow suit when it came to him. So as we tried to evolve the other characters, the same is true of Q. This is a show of a different time with actors of a different age. We're now talking about the issues that come up in the last [stage] of your life. We wanted a Q that could play in that arena with Picard.

Get ready for a lame Q that won't stop apologizing to everyone
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Why would he be apologizing to everyone?

Ok..Chabon is the showrunner that's leaving, Terry Matalas is the showrunner that's coming. Akiva Goldsman seems to be in a Feige-esque role hence why they're talking to him but he's not the showrunner per se, Matalas will be. So the question mark is what will Matalas bring to the table.

It does seem like Goldsman is basically throwing Chabon under the bus though with his "Finding out the end earlier" comment.

Meanwhile, this just happened:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This may be blasphemous, but I'd trade both Q and Guinan for Crusher in S2. She's just as integral (if not more so!) to Picard's history/character as they are.

McFadden seems willing, but I'm sure the situation in the writer's room hasn't changed much since the 90's; no one wants to write the exploits of a middle-aged single mother.
    Ditto, although in my case, it's not just because Dr. Crusher was super-important to Picard, but because I never could stand Q. He came off as a cheap Trelane knock-off, and I didn't much like Trelane either.

Also, get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Meanwhile, this just happened:

YES!!! Great news!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    YES!!! Great news!
    I hope its for Picard, but even if its for something else (Discovery somehow?) I'm there!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Good news, indeed!

Worf's return would be a good excuse to bring back Crusher as well - it's probably about time for her to replace that implant that replaced his shattered vertebrae, yeah..?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wonderful news. Now just bring back Crusher... and make the season more bloody hopeful and less alcoholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

Yup definitely need to bring back Crusher.

And just like that...

Confirmed: Michael Dorn’s Cryptic Tweet About Starfleet Return Isn’t For A Star Trek Show Or Movie [UPDATED]

While Dorn’s tweet about being summoned back into action by Starfleet could be seen as a hint related to his Captain Worf show, or possibly one of the three live-action or two animated Star Trek series currently in development, it appears that isn’t the case. TrekMovie has confirmed with sources that whatever this is, it isn’t related to a Paramount+ Star Trek project.

so...Dorn isn't lying about returning as Worf, just in what capacity no one knows yet as its not officially related to Paramount et al

Ultimate Member

Perhaps today is a good day to return!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And just like that...

Confirmed: Michael Dorn’s Cryptic Tweet About Starfleet Return Isn’t For A Star Trek Show Or Movie [UPDATED]

While Dorn’s tweet about being summoned back into action by Starfleet could be seen as a hint related to his Captain Worf show, or possibly one of the three live-action or two animated Star Trek series currently in development, it appears that isn’t the case. TrekMovie has confirmed with sources that whatever this is, it isn’t related to a Paramount+ Star Trek project.

so...Dorn isn't lying about returning as Worf, just in what capacity no one knows yet as its not officially related to Paramount et al
    By Grabthar's Hammer... What a savings.