Page 73 of 136 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I've pretty much given up on this. Will at least try to get through the last few episodes when they're all out, but only in the hope that Raffi will die or something worthwhile will actually happen. Was really excited about Q coming back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroman
    Raffi really is an annoying character isn't she?
    Not only will Raffi survive she is somehow going to be in the third season as well! I never thought I would loathe a character more than Michael Burnham, but here we are! She is the worst character on this show which is really saying something just look at this crew!

ls6cj38hnrm81.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-05-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Well I liked it. Like I said before, I could watch this season again and again, kind of a chore to watch season 1 again.

I'm guessing that space anomaly the Jurati Borg faction is guarding might figure into the third season somehow. As well as whatever Wesley's up to.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Decided to watch the last episode.

DeLancie never disappoints. Man, his performance in his final scene is absolutely stellar.

"Like butterflies with their wings pinned..." Yes, that describes the current problems with Picard and Star Trek in general.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-06-2022 at 12:12 PM.

One lingering question, especially for a show that plays continuity cop:
    spoilers:
    Where is Q2? Q's son? I was trying to figure out if Seven had met Q, but she did meet his son. On Voyager he made her clothes disappear to get a reaction out of her, and when it didn't work he put them back and left bored.

Q said he's dying alone, seems his son would be there but he wasn't even mentioned.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    spoilers:
    Where is Q2? Q's son? I was trying to figure out if Seven had met Q, but she did meet his son. On Voyager he made her clothes disappear to get a reaction out of her, and when it didn't work he put them back and left bored.

Q said he's dying alone, seems his son would be there but he wasn't even mentioned.
    end of spoilers
    That bothered the crap out of me too.

spoilers:
    Q has a son and he was involved in his life. Also, unlike Picard, Q had a great relationship with Janeway (She's the godmother of his son). Q has more of a family than Picard does.
    end of spoilers

This is why I'm not even giving Season 3 a chance. This writing is just soooooo bad. At this point, I don't even see the entire TNG Cast being able to salvage it.

It wouldn't suprise me if Jeri Ryan and John DeLancie were the only ones in that entire cast of Picard that watched Voyager.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-06-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

spoilers:
    Q has a son and he was involved in his life. Also, unlike Picard, Q had a great relationship with Janeway (She's the godmother of his son). Q has more of a family than Picard does.
    end of spoilers
    Not just that (kinda sorta spoilery even though it happened an ep or two back):
    spoilers:
    I didn't mind the "Starfleet wouldn't accept me" line...I did mind that Janeway's recommendation wasn't enough. But apparently Picard's is? Cause you know that provisional commission will become a permanent one on HIS say so.

The irony of it all...DS9 has been reduced to easter eggs, which is probably a better fate than taking the teeth out of Voyager as they've been doing. They mined it for Seven and discarded the rest, apparently.
    end of spoilers

This is why I'm not even giving Season 3 a chance. This writing is just soooooo bad. Bringing back the TNG Cast is going to be able to salvage it.
    I'm cautiously optimistic. The TNG Cast reunited! Sort of since Spiner won't be playing Data. I'm about as tired of Spiner wanting to be the villain like I am as of Stewart wanting Picard abused lol

It wouldn't suprise me if Jeri Ryan and John DeLancie were the only ones in that entire cast of Picard that watched Voyager.
    I begrudgingly agree, and I actually liked this season. lol
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-07-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Not just that (kinda sorta spoilery even though it happened an ep or two back):
    spoilers:
    I didn't mind the "Starfleet wouldn't accept me" line...I did mind that Janeway's recommendation wasn't enough. But apparently Picard's is? Cause you know that provisional commission will become a permanent one on HIS say so.
    end of spoilers
    That bothered me too! Why?

Because Icheb was literally in Season 1 of Picard! He used to be a Borg and he was accepted into the Starfleet Ranks!

But Seven was rejected?

There was so much wrong with this series.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-06-2022 at 01:38 PM.

That bothered me too! Why?

Because Icheb was literally in Season 1 of Picard! He used to be a Borg and he was accepted into the Starfleet Ranks!

But Seven was rejected?

There was so much wrong with this series.
    That was a bizarre "F.U." to the original actor, I don't think they thought more about it beyond that.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    We both know that they didn't watch that episode
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So apparently one of the details that are hard to make out in "The Star gazer" is that Uhura became a captain after Star Trek VI.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Leondegrance

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

This is why I'm not even giving Season 3 a chance. This writing is just soooooo bad. At this point, I don't even see the entire TNG Cast being able to salvage it.

That also bugs me endlessly when they ignore previous continuity.

spoilers:
    As you said, it's like Q's son simply doesn't exist. Then the complete rewrite of Picard's mother who, now, it seems, did not die as an old woman. John de Lancie definitely delivers. But he still has to work with the material he has.
    end of spoilers
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That also bugs me endlessly when they ignore previous continuity.

spoilers:
    As you said, it's like Q's son simply doesn't exist. Then the complete rewrite of Picard's mother who, now, it seems, did not die as an old woman. John de Lancie definitely delivers. But he still has to work with the material he has.
    end of spoilers
    They kind of explain that; Picard said it was something he often imagined/coping mechanism.

Kind of weird that Picard is somewhat not the most mentally stable of captains-when you think about it, in addition to all his other issues, he's technically had three alternate personalities forced on him in the TV series alone. Mentioned a few messages back they even had a comic about it.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-10-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They kind of explain that; Picard said it was something he often imagined/coping mechanism.

Kind of weird that Picard is somewhat not the most mentally stable of captains-when you think about it, in addition to all his other issues, he's technically had three alternate personalities forced on him in the TV series alone. Mentioned a few messages back they even had a comic about it.
    spoilers:
    Also, the whole idea of Q dying is so contrary to the whole concept that they didn't even try to explain it.
    end of spoilers

De Lancie and Stewart play it all beautifully. But, as people used to say about Voyager, actors often elevate material, giving it the illusion it is far better than it really is.
    Power with Girl is better.