Default Illuminations Legend of Zelda?

Leaker Jeff Sneider says the studio closing the deal for zelda is--illumination. Animated zelda it is huh?

Note this has not been confirmed by the studio but Sneider has been right on his leaks before. If true the minion studio will make zelda.

Wonder if the art will be more wind waker like over breath of the wild like?

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...umination_are/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I just hope it's a serious fantasy film. The usual minions type humor was fine for Mario but Zelda is a different beast.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Also could be an issue that Link is not quite as vocal as Mario...unless you count the old cartoon adaptation and the highly mocked CDI games.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Also could be an issue that Link is not quite as vocal as Mario...unless you count the old cartoon adaptation and the highly mocked CDI games.
    He's plenty vocal, we just don't hear his voice. That we don't hear Link's voice in all the interactions we have with the various NPC's is a game mechanic to make it more immersive not and actual character trait.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just hope it's a serious fantasy film. The usual minions type humor was fine for Mario but Zelda is a different beast.
    Yeah, I don't think the same kind of tone or style would really fit Zelda.

I do wonder what game they would take the most inspiration from. Mix up the original, Ocarina of Time, maybe a dash of the other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think the same kind of tone or style would really fit Zelda.

I do wonder what game they would take the most inspiration from. Mix up the original, Ocarina of Time, maybe a dash of the other games?
    Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom would be my druthers but I could see Windwaker being used as it has a fun origin story to it.

Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom would be my druthers but I could see Windwaker being used as it has a fun origin story to it.
    I feel like they might start off with something more traditional for iconography even if those two games have the most hype and popularity behind them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they might start off with something more traditional for iconography even if those two games have the most hype and popularity behind them right now.
    Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are very traditional, they just gave the original concept a bigger more cinematic scope.

Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are very traditional, they just gave the original concept a bigger more cinematic scope.
    I guess in an overall sense but I was thinking more just from a design perspective and the lore for Hyrule they would go for something more like Ocarina.

Ultimate Member

Zelda is high-fantasy, it's a completely different beast from Mario.

If Illumination approaches this like the way they made Mario then they have failed already.

A Zelda movie has to involve a very serious script and proper film-making.

It better have Tingle.

Link talks all the time in the comics and manga.