Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It makes no sense for the Changelings to have preemptively kidnapped Deanna and they didn't have enough time to get her before capturing Riker. This one's definitely a fake.
    How long has Picard been the focus of the Changelings? Picard's first call would be to Riker. That's no real secret. And since the Changelings had access to Shaw's psych eval, couldn't Riker's also be available? His son's death hit him and changed him, possibly making him more vulnerable to a family threat.

I think it's possible that the real Deanna is prisoner and a possible changeling dupe is wherever. It's also possible that the "prisoner Deanna" is a changeling to fool Ryker. Personally, I think a real Deanna would complete the NCC-1701-D color group and continue the love letter to fans. I can't believe Deanna is only showing up for series finale hugs. Keep in mind that the season is 6 down with only four to go and the fan service seems to indicate a lot of resolution and potential futures for characters in the finale.

My next prediction: I'm expecting Picard needing to fire at the shrike with Ryker aboard in a reversal of Best of Both Worlds.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So the preview trailer for episode 7 shows that the Talking head thing giving Vadic her orders does not identify as a changeling, referring to her whole species in a kind of contemptible way. So there an additional layer at work here behind the shadows.

Given all the section 31 stuff in Trek nowadays and all the continuity references I wouldn't rule out Sloan at this point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So the preview trailer for episode 7 shows that the Talking head thing giving Vadic her orders does not identify as a changeling, referring to her whole species in a kind of contemptible way. So there an additional layer at work here behind the shadows.
    They already said they aren't the same species as the changelings in this past episode. That's why I asked who everyone thinks the "Boss" really is?

New trailer also further explains the Lore moment from previous trailers-the Lore persona seems to take over in this episode for new Data.

Kind of curious if there's a part to play for Soji, perhaps at the end-Data perhaps heading to the synthetic planet to live with his "daughter" (and technically sister since there's a bit of Lal in the mix?)

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They already said they aren't the same species as the changelings in this past episode. That's why I asked who everyone thinks the "Boss" really is?
    I've been wrong before...but its fun guessing!

I'm gonna just say Locutus. If this is a love letter to the fans, we're getting Picard vs Locutus somehow someway. Easiest way to do this, reveal Locutus was always a sentient virus that can only take over a body with a very specific affliction: Irumodic Syndrome. The symptoms have always been Locutus calling to his potential host to come find him, but without that context it seems like confusion, delusions, madness, nightmares. They didn't defeat Locutus so much as take away his favorite body. He now has them back (Picard's remains) but...he wants to upgrade (or the remains being dead have put him on a sort of deathclock), which is where Jack comes in.

The tricky part is getting Locutus without the Borg, so this is the way to do it. Did the Borge create him, or did he create the Borg? And does he want to create something even worse than the Borg the Dominion and Species 8472 combined once he gets Jack's body?

Or something equally clever that ties into TNG's history. But I'd bet a whole dollar bill its Locutus.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New trailer also further explains the Lore moment from previous trailers-the Lore persona seems to take over in this episode for new Data.

Kind of curious if there's a part to play for Soji, perhaps at the end-Data perhaps heading to the synthetic planet to live with his "daughter" (and technically sister since there's a bit of Lal in the mix?)
    Maybe offscreen. Seems the entire point of Soji et al, was because Spiner was tired of playing Data and those were the stand-ins. If Daystrom (gonna call this gestalt that until a better name is given onscreen) is the compromise that Spiner can live with, no need. Plus there's been no reports of the actress appearing has there? Sure they could be saving it as a surprise, but...love letter to the fans + sorry for season 1+2 kinda precludes that. We're lucky we're even seeing Raffi, I know Anthony W is.

Lata? Dore?
    I call the new golem Datalore.
    And it's definitely Locutus!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Lata? Dore?
    I call the new golem Datalore.
    And it's definitely Locutus!
    Datalore is a good name.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's a pretty good guess!

I thought Nu-data might've been a good idea but then I realized what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I thought Nu-data might've been a good idea but then I realized what it sounds like.
    Florida would have had a hard time with it, too.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Shaw geeking out over Geordi was the best. Of course as an engineer guy he would go gaga for Geordi and take it as high praise when Geordi compliments how the ship is running.

Do I want to know what they're doing with Kirk's body and "Project Phoenix?"

Ha! Attack Tribbles. Watch out Worf!

So many heartwarming moments. Worf reuniting with everybody, Geordi reuniting with Beverly, the LaForge family moments, Riker reminiscing about Data...but, really, Geordi seeing Data again and Data immediately recognizing Geordi was everything.

Was the refurbished Enterprise-D what they have hanging out in Hangar 12? It feels like they're building up to us seeing it again.

The Voyager feels. Really, just seeing all those ships again was great, but Seven's reaction to it really sold it.

I think Geordi had less of an issue with Sidney becoming a pilot (and she's still obviously an engineer's daughter) so much as putting herself in possibly the same kind of danger he was in when he served on a Starfleet ship. But he definitely does have issue with Picard's son flirting with her.

That was a pretty creative way of bringing Data back in a way that brings him back but doesn't completely invalidate all his other deaths because it's Data with a bunch of different personalities, which really lets Brent Spiner show off his acting chops built up over the course of this franchise.

So are there different factions going on here? I mean, I assume those were also Changelings Vaddic killed...unless that was actually Starfleet? We can't really tell any more.

I dunno, could that really be a Changeling Deanna? Wouldn't Riker be able to immediately realize that's not his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Geordi seeing Data again and Data immediately recognizing Geordi was everything.

Was the refurbished Enterprise-D what they have hanging out in Hangar 12? It feels like they're building up to us seeing it again.

The Voyager feels. Really, just seeing all those ships again was great, but Seven's reaction to it really sold it.
    Geordi and Data were best friends, and Geordi kept getting cut out of Data's deaths in favour of Picard. At least Geordi got to be present for Data's resurrection while their bond was also acknowledged.

There'd better be a sequence of all our hero ships warping to the rescue! The NX-01 refit, a classic Constitution, 1701-A, the Defiant, Voyager, the 1701-D['s saucer on another Galaxy's stardrive]... If it doesn't happen, I'm gonna be SO sad!

I honestly choked up when 7 talked about Voyager. It kinda sums up my feelings about the franchise and why I'll always love it.

That's kind of one of the few problems I have with Prodigy-The Delta quadrant, which would take decades for Voy to get back from, now seems to be pretty much to fairly easy to get to and from, and this is without the protostar-yet we see species from the other quadrants in the Delta (Including several of the prodigy cast themselves) and vice versa. I don't think it's ever explained. Someone find an intact transwarp hub or something?

PICARD also did this in this season, Picard is recounting some adventure with the Hirogen (presumably after his time on the Enterprise)