Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Why is this something you're thinking about? It's a background easter egg, not a plot point.

This is just nitpicking **** that isn't important.
    It's something that I'm thinking about because the show wanted me to think about it because it was important enough to be featured in the advertising for this show before the first episode even aired.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Then maybe trust in the show to tell you why it's important when that matters to the show. After all, we are only one episode in.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    It needs to be Geordi LaForge. There was an episode of Voyager in season 5 where two of the Voyager cast are seen 15 years in the future trying to change history as in their timeline Voyager was destroyed along with all the crew except them. Geordi guest stars in this episode as the Captain of a Starfleet ship sent to try and stop them to keep them from wiping out 15 years of history and billions of lives.

So we know that in a future Geordi does become a Captain and though it wasn't Enterprise in the Voyager episode this is a new timeline from the Voyager one so it would be possible for it to be Enterprise now and a nice easter egg for TNG fans.
    It will probably be a total unknown to really drive home the fact that Picard and his plucky crew have no one to rely on. Does anyone think Section 31 was behind the Android rebellion? Maybe they just wanted to stop the rescue ships but things spun out of control. Some folks are saying that maybe Lore was used as the basis for the androids that went nuts.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    It needs to be Geordi LaForge. There was an episode of Voyager in season 5 where two of the Voyager cast are seen 15 years in the future trying to change history as in their timeline Voyager was destroyed along with all the crew except them. Geordi guest stars in this episode as the Captain of a Starfleet ship sent to try and stop them to keep them from wiping out 15 years of history and billions of lives.

So we know that in a future Geordi does become a Captain and though it wasn't Enterprise in the Voyager episode this is a new timeline from the Voyager one so it would be possible for it to be Enterprise now and a nice easter egg for TNG fans.
    Rumors have been that it will be Worf or La Forge and the other will be a in charge of another ship.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rumors have been that it will be Worf or La Forge and the other will be a in charge of another ship.
    I want it to be Worf. Do you know if he will be rocking TNG Klingon look or Discovery Klingon look?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I want it to be Worf. Do you know if he will be rocking TNG Klingon look or Discovery Klingon look?
    They already showed Worf in Picard as he normally looks. Dorn and others have said when Worf comes back, it will be with his normal look. And it will have to be a meaty role.

Worf and Geordi La Forge were specifically not to be included in Picard season 1 and Stewart has implied because there's a plan for those 2. Is it for Picard or another show?

We shall see.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-28-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Does anyone think Section 31 was behind the Android rebellion? Maybe they just wanted to stop the rescue ships but things spun out of control.
    That's what I've been saying but I see the entire thing as being a planned false flag exercise.

Make sure the Romulans get no help and their Empire collapses? Check.
    Force the Federation/Starfleet to focus on itself by destroying the shipyards and turning Mars into a fireball? Check.
    Provide/invent a new enemy to replace the Romulans for SF/the Fed to be afraid of and keep Section 31 relevant and needed? Check.

Classic Section 31... if not just your typical rogue SF admirals and high ranking Fed officials.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Geordi or Worf would make sense, they're the only two members of the senior crew who aren't headed elsewhere or dead in Nemesis.

Geordi also was the first to show up in the alternate future of All Good Things, which is pretty much Picard as he is now with a few differences.

I'm pretty sure he's in the Picard prequel comic as well.

He'd be more likely as a Captain than Worf, as DS9 stated due to his going back for Jadzia he'd likely never get a command, and there's also that ambassadorship which Nemesis completely ignored for some weird reason.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

It doesn't really matter because it they can teleport in undetected they can teleport out undetected. Setting phasers to stun is still the better plan. Can you imagine the planning that went into that fiasco?

Leader: Everyone know the plan?

Henchman 1: Yep, basic stun n' run

Leader: Heck Nah get your knives ready. We are going to stab people!

Henchman 2: ....Then we stun the target and leave?

Leader: No. Then we beat the target and slam them against the furniture! Then we run some test..

Henchman 1: Wouldn't it be better to run the test back at base?

Leader: I'm not done talking! Then we run test to make sure she hasn't activated.

Henchman 2: Couldn't doing all this bring about the activation we are trying to prevent?

Leader: Way ahead of you guys. Why do you think I brought this bag to put over the targets head!?
    I for one was going to be VERY critical of this show but even I didn't see any real problem with the situation.. people have killed with knives even when they have a gun because it 's much more stealthy - stun setting is not always guaranteed,

Maybe they were worried about this activation thing she has and wanted to make sure that was not the case that's why they did the test ..

The ship was forced to detach and then crashed in Star Trek Generations. I doubt the storage compartment survived that but it's possible.
    Living people survive the crash I don't see why inanimate item cannot ...

Did you see the size of that explosion? Factor in Picard's age.
    This is the future, there have been human people to live over 100 years and even so, even if you can't buy that - he has 2 personal caretaker at home.. he was unconscious and probably decided for him to stay at home ..

Picard argued for his right as a sentient being but that had more to do with doing the right thing than any real closeness.
    Even if you don't buy that they were close ... which I am not one --- Data did sacrifice himself .. I see no reason why Picard would not think about him..

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Data and Picard had all kinds of one on one conversations through out the series, and while I'd say Geordie was definitely the closest to Data to say that he wouldn't consider the captain his friend or vice versa seems pretty shaky.

Data and Picard are friends, definitely. Wasn't there a whole episode about that?

BFFs OMG/XOXO/love/kisses/pillow fights/giggles/slumber parties? No, that's Geordi and Data.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I for one was going to be VERY critical of this show but even I didn't see any real problem with the situation.. people have killed with knives even when they have a gun because it 's much more stealthy - stun setting is not always guaranteed,
    Sorry if I'm coming off overly critical. I actually like this show! I'm more amused about the botched kidnapping than disappointed! Let's talk about something else. Did you notice that Picard's housekeeper has more chemistry with him than her husband?

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Sorry if I'm coming off overly critical. I actually like this show! I'm more amused about the botched kidnapping than disappointed! Let's talk about something else. Did you notice that Picard's housekeeper has more chemistry with him than her husband?
    They should have gave more info on those 2 ... I mean I guess if you read the comic you get some info but still ... for 2 important people we should get a little more info.. and yeah they seem more like colleagues than a couple...

Anyways I have no problem with people not liking certain part of the show for instance I have a problem with the necklace.. it really isn't that elaborate for someone to discuss nor for Picard to actually think it means something .. I also have a problem with fractal neuronic cloning... I can accept that you may clone the base program of Data ... before his activation but I'm having trouble with cloning his memory post-activation..

Episode One is up and out for free about a week.

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-30-2020 at 10:42 AM.

No enterprise crew member better be hunting Picard...

I will only except laforge or worf as captains if when they find him they offer to help and tell starfleet "we ant found ****"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.