Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They would never do it, but if (heaven forbid) Stewart dies they can just say that they had his brain patterns saved and then download them into a new body/actor. "

Right. Exactly.

I think next season is going to focus on cosmic deities. We'll get to see Q and maybe even Sisco.
    That could be fun. IDW put out a ST crossover book -TNG,DS9,etc.-where they fought numerous cosmic beings.

...and another thing...
    Why would Seven leave the ex-Borg and a regenerating Borg cube behind to gallivant across the quadrant with Picard et al? The cutting room floor unity between the Synths and the xBs is desperately needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ...and another thing...
    Why would Seven leave the ex-Borg and a regenerating Borg cube behind to gallivant across the quadrant with Picard et al? The cutting room floor unity between the Synths and the xBs is desperately needed.
    I'm thinking that the Xbs were turned over to Starfleet.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I finally sat down and watched the last three episodes. I guess it says something that I went three weeks without watching this, and didn't mind. While living under a city wide lockdown.

This show sucked. Just a bunch of awful ****. I don't dislike the idea they went with, but the execution was fucking terrible. What a shame.

I thought it was kinda funny post-resurrection Picard only cared about immortality but seemed disappointed he didn't have super strength or a longer lifespan.

Though about that...was that the goal all along, to put Picard in a new body commensurate to his old one just more...sturdier? To explain why this old man hasn't died 50 times over in future seasons? So he won't get concussions anymore taking the brunt of explosions? Plus I can't be the only thinking "Brain disease? Pft Q would fix it cause the 'trial' is not over!"

If you think anything on this show was that well thought out, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If you think anything on this show was that well thought out, well...
    I kind of got that impression after the, oh, third, admonishment of Picard. I had a theory as to what was going on but I wanted to wait till the show was over in case I was wrong.

Ever seen Blunt Talk? Not just you, but anyone reading this post as well? For those who haven't:

It was essentially a vanity project with Stewart playing an exaggerated version of himself in a Piers Morgan-type role. It was a zany comedy that's bread and butter was mostly misunderstandings, sexual wackiness (ex. his character specifically needed to be cuddled on an air mattress, at work, by a female friend at times), and...admonishment for how he was an a-hole in the past and trying to be a better person. Oh and Brent Spiner cameod as the piano player at one of his favorite drinking spots for at least 2 eps, maybe more.

It lasted two seasons and I think was on the bubble for a third season renewal before it was finally cancelled.

So watching Star Trek: Picard, and how suddenly he was retroactively, well, Walter Blunt just in the future and calling himself Picard, I was like "Is this some stealth third season of Blunt Talk?" Apparently the original pitch was Picard basically being an archeologist but Stewart rejected it in favor of what we got. Hmmm...space Indiana Jones or space Walter Blunt. Pick your poison I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I kind of got that impression after the, oh, third, admonishment of Picard. I had a theory as to what was going on but I wanted to wait till the show was over in case I was wrong.

Ever seen Blunt Talk? Not just you, but anyone reading this post as well? For those who haven't:

It was essentially a vanity project with Stewart playing an exaggerated version of himself in a Piers Morgan-type role. It was a zany comedy that's bread and butter was mostly misunderstandings, sexual wackiness (ex. his character specifically needed to be cuddled on an air mattress, at work, by a female friend at times), and...admonishment for how he was an a-hole in the past and trying to be a better person. Oh and Brent Spiner cameod as the piano player at one of his favorite drinking spots for at least 2 eps, maybe more.

It lasted two seasons and I think was on the bubble for a third season renewal before it was finally cancelled.

So watching Star Trek: Picard, and how suddenly he was retroactively, well, Walter Blunt just in the future and calling himself Picard, I was like "Is this some stealth third season of Blunt Talk?" Apparently the original pitch was Picard basically being an archeologist but Stewart rejected it in favor of what we got. Hmmm...space Indiana Jones or space Walter Blunt. Pick your poison I guess.
    I just want Stewart to play Ed's 1st commanding officer now a retired Admiral on Orville so I can see TNG Picard one last time.

Incredible Member

...and another thing...
    Why would she leave leading the Rangers? I think she's just hitching a ride on the ship (and Raffi) to get back the Rangers and re-occuring character hood.
    Sounds perfect.

I remembered what the camera in the dialogue scenes reminds me of, which is when a character is talking in a videogame but you can still move around and spin the camera while you wait for them to finish so you can get back to playing the game.

I haven't finished the series yet but is there any mention of what happened with the Enterprise-E? While the show of course pays a lot of tribute to D with the opening scene, the hologram at starfleet command etc. it doesn't seem to be mentioned. It'd be nifty if Worf or Geordi were the captain, although I think in DS9 Sisko said that Starfleet would be wary of giving Worf a command despite his experience with the Defiant due to that one episode he screwed up an important mission to save Jadzia.

Judging by what I've seen of Riker's fleet they kind of look similar to the E and it's class with the nacelles and impulse engines, although with more of a Voyager kind of shape.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm finding the backlash to the show's profanity a bit interesting. Granted, Trek IV made the crew's unfamiliarity with swearing part of it's humor, but this is also the same franchise where "Damn it, Jim!" is one of the catchphrases.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm finding the backlash to the show's profanity a bit interesting. Granted, Trek IV made the crew's unfamiliarity with swearing part of it's humor, but this is also the same franchise where "Damn it, Jim!" is one of the catchphrases.
    The profanity doesn't bother me personally, but I think "damn it" is pretty mild in the minds of some people compared to "****".
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The profanity doesn't bother me personally, but I think "damn it" is pretty mild in the minds of some people compared to "****".
    As long as it's not Picard himself doing it, I'm ok with the word, and only because it would so uncharacteristic for the normally composed and dignified Picard. For one thing, it turns out he's the least damaged out of everyone else, and it may be because of all his time on the Enterprise fortifying him that much (they've seen plenty of anomalies and deaths and entities and jump scares that would elicit a severe swear word from anyone else, but they're trained professionals). But for everyone else in the cast, saying the word "****" is the least of their worries.

DS9 had a one-shot character wearing a necklace of Cardassian bones, and I'm sure O'Brien swore up a storm whenever he was offscreen, especially after he got away with saying "Bollocks" uncensored.

...and another thing...
    She was the most entertaining part of the show for me, so I really don't care what excuse they come up with to keep her. If Picard gets renewed, I want more of her.