Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The show also begins to lighten up considerably in season 2 (A lot of season one seemed to almost be "Star Trek Galactica" in a few ways, although with a few light spots like the Mudd time loop episode).
    Mudd's time loop was the only episode I truly liked from DISCO Season 1.

Maybe the pacifism thing is tied to him being ambassador still? I know he was tactical again in Nemesis, but maybe he was just on the ship simply because of the wedding and was mainly tagging along like in First Contact and Insurrection.

Kind of interesting that the whole series has been pretty much a bit like a "happier" extended version of ALL GOOD THINGS in a few ways.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It'll be all fun and pacifism until the bad guys twitch wrong and get a Kur’leth *and* a Bat'leth in their clavicles! ��
    New weapon by Dan Curry!
    That correct Klingon forehead continues to make me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It'll be all fun and pacifism until the bad guys twitch wrong and get a Kur’leth *and* a Bat'leth in their clavicles! ��
    New weapon by Dan Curry!
    That correct Klingon forehead continues to make me smile.
    Worf: Captain I'm a pacifist now.

Picard: Why are you wearing a Bat'Leth?

Worf: I'm not a fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Worf: Captain I'm a pacifist now.

Picard: Why are you wearing a Bat'Leth?

Worf: I'm not a fanatic.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

The computer seems somewhat Alexa-esque more than usual.

Also the message is probably from Beverly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It's probably been mentioned, but the end of Picard season 1 had a portal through which mechanical life forms were coming through to do some nasty stuff. Season 2's opening and closing episodes dealt with another portal which presented a challenge. Could there be a connection between the two coming to a conclusion in the final season 3? Am I reaching here?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

SO reaching. You think any of this was planned out?

SO reaching. You think any of this was planned out?
    My guess is that the first year was originally designed as a one-shot season without worrying about future seasons. After that, I don't know enough about renewal news or planning of shooting schedules to hazard a guess.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Probably not. Even though its the final season they're still in "course-correction" mode, hence bringing the entire TNG cast back. I think the last thing they'd want to do is remind people of the darkness of season 1. Plus if Soji isn't involved (or limited involvement), kinda no point. In fact I expect however Lore returns it will have nothing to do with the events of season 1. Well...unless he's possessing Altan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Probably not. Even though its the final season they're still in "course-correction" mode, hence bringing the entire TNG cast back. I think the last thing they'd want to do is remind people of the darkness of season 1. Plus if Soji isn't involved (or limited involvement), kinda no point. In fact I expect however Lore returns it will have nothing to do with the events of season 1. Well...unless he's possessing Altan.
    Yup. The 'getting the band back together' of s3 goes against what the part of the show's initial mission statement was: focus on Picard, not make TNG s8 by bringing back the rest of the main cast. This is definitely good course correction and what the show should have been from the start.

With the TNG crew coming back its going to get crowded and many characters are going to be vying for attention. Hopefully they kill off Raffi to give themselves some breathing room.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yup. The 'getting the band back together' of s3 goes against what the part of the show's initial mission statement was: focus on Picard, not make TNG s8 by bringing back the rest of the main cast. This is definitely good course correction and what the show should have been from the start.
    I was watching the Shuttlepod Show on Youtube a very fun podcast hosted by Connor Trinneer and Dominic Keating (Trip and Malcom from Enterprise) and they were talking to Michael Dorn. He said one of the big reason the whole cast agreed to come back for the 3rd season of Picard is the producer of the show wanted to give them all a proper send off since they never really got that in the movies