Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Star Trek: Picard

CBS Confirms Star Trek: Picard Title, Screens New Footage

During the CBS upfront presentation, the network finally gave it Patrick Stewart’s upcoming Jean-Luc Picard series the name that everyone was expecting. Via StarTrek.com, the series has been given the simple, yet effective moniker of Star Trek: Picard.

The network also treated attendees to the first bit of footage from the series. Unfortunately, the footage didn’t give much away in terms of plot details. But it sounds like the former Enterprise captain might have to rebuild his stellar reputation from scratch. According to ComicBook.com, Picard was shown “going unrecognized by a current Starfleet officer.” This screengrab from BuzzFeed reporter Kate Aurthur appears to show some of those officers in the background of the shot.

So far, the series’ supporting cast includes Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, and Isa Briones. Hanelle Culpepper will direct the first two episodes and Stewart’s Star Trek: The Next Generation co-star Jonathan Frakes will helm another two installments.

It looks like there's new starfleet uniforms that resemble the Deep Space Nine/Voyager ones.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    OMG all the feels. ALL THE FEELS. It's like seeing an old friend once again. Especially with the flute version of the theme.

There are theories online that the rescue operation in question was helping the Romulans after the Hobus star exploded in the 2009 JJTrek, which would be neat.

Me, personally -- I'd love it if there was a quick scene of older Geordi LaForge helping Picard at the vineyard just like in All Good Things. But the fake out is that Geordi's simply paying a visit, as opposed to the start of a major cosmic mystery or something grave like Picard's health. That could just be because today's the 25th anniversary of All Good Things (what a clever way to time the teaser).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Especially with the flute version of the theme.
    That was cool. Nice callback. Seriously looking forward to this.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Nice teaser. I'll be watching it regardless, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

BANNED

Ugh, why is this on all access and not broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Ugh, why is this on all access and not broadcast.
    because pic related

Also this pic is hilarious and depressing
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-23-2019 at 09:28 PM.

"Why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?"

So he didn't take Kirk's advice after all.

Kinda broing trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    because pic related

Also this pic is hilarious and depressing
    That's good but this will always be my favorite

https://images.app.goo.gl/JmMF4EYGN2o8etAMA

Trailer looks interesting. Not a whole lot about the show, but I am intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It looks like there's new starfleet uniforms that resemble the Deep Space Nine/Voyager ones.
    Saw concept art for it. After a while with the Abrams movies and DSC, both of which came up with a very different visual design for their stuff, I'm glad to see something more familiar-looking.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Trailer looks interesting. Not a whole lot about the show, but I am intrigued.

Saw concept art for it. After a while with the Abrams movies and DSC, both of which came up with a very different visual design for their stuff, I'm glad to see something more familiar-looking.
    I'm really curious to see new ship designs post-Nemesis.

But I really dislike the Enterprise-F from Star Trek Online. Most likely the showrunners will just completely ignore that (if they ever show an Enterprise, that is), but that big neck gape in the middle makes very little sense both design-wise and in-universe -- it's supposed to help warp "aerodynamics," but that seems like after the fact.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The big problem with this show is that everyone knows it’s still written under the same alternate Star Trek license as Discovery was, so I debate how much of TNG content they can actually include or reference since it’s still in the ‘Prime’ universe... though it’s possible that the demands that the toy manufacturers will have enforced on CBS will have made them change the look and story as best they can.