Page 104 of 136 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    It seems Picard continues that classic Trek trend of bad or at least, a little underwhelming season 1/2 and getting on course for season 3. What is it about these shows that can't find their footing in the first 2 seasons?
    SNW and Prodigy had bangers for the first seasons FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Burnman committed an act of mutiny and her actions helped lead the Federation into the Klingon War.

Edit: Another issue with Burnman is she never had a Sisko or Shaw that called her out either. Tom Paris got a frostier reception on Voyager in Caretaker than she did on Discovery after the Battle of the Binary Star.

Beverly chose to keep her son's existence a secret from a man who never wanted kids and at the time lived a dangerous life that would have made her kid a target. Also, the last time Picard thought he had a son someone wanted to kill him.
    From my point of view, Beverly is on equal footing with Burnam.
    It is not an excuse to keep a father and a son apart just because she was afraid.

Season 1 and 2 of Trek can be a landmine field in quality.

TOS is the exception to the rule IMO season 1 has some of the best episodes of Trek with their season 3 being their weakest IMO.

TNG's Season 1 has a real awful period from between Naked Now to the Battle which was TNG's 1st great episode. After the Battle TNG Season 1 was pretty solid with 2 exceptions Hide and Q and We'll Always Have Paris were weak to me. Season 2 got better with a few clunkers but no truly low points like Code of Honor, The Last Outpost, or Justice (Never tease me with killing Wesley). I do suggest watching Chaos on the Bridge to see what a mess those 1st 2 seasons were behind the scenes.

DS9 had a decent 1st season with a few clunkers but the season ended strong with 2 amazing episodes Duet and In the Hands of the Prophets and it's 3-part season 2 opener was fantastic.

VOY had the weakest season 1 and 2 of the Pre-Kurtzman era but still lights years ahead of Seasons 1 and 2 of DISCO and Picard.

ENT seems to get the wrap that the 1st 2 seasons are bad but IMO they aren't they're honestly outside of TOS probably the most sold of any Trek Show. Yes season 3 and 4 are better but they did 52 episodes in seasons 1 and 2 and there are maybe IMO 2 or 3 bad episodes in total. 49 out 52 is damn good IMO.

DISCO sucks god is there a Trek T-Shirt that says that you know a play off the old Disco Sucks from the 70's? Season 1 had one episode I liked Magic that Makes the Sanest man go Mad and season 2 had 2 episodes I liked New Eden and If Memory Serves that it.

Picard: I recently reviewed the whole season but suffice to say I didn't like the portrayal of Starfleet and Federation, the Borg while nice served no propose other than filler. Seven and LaForge's talk had a better story arc than the Borg in Season 1. Ichab's Death was unnecessarily gruesome, and the relationships did not work for me. Also, 25 years ago the Dominion War battles usually had Galaxy Classes, Excelsiors, Miranda/Soyuz Classes, Akira's and Peregrine Fighters so why did they copy past one model of ship in that final battle. Season 2 well I liked the 1st 2 episodes, but it was a 5 episode at best storyline stretched into 10. Also, Raffi with that JL stuff just no.

Strange New Worlds was Awesome best season 1 since ENT and a better Season 1 than even VOY IMO.

Prodigy was even better than SNW IMO because I felt the characters had better development over the season.

Lower Decks is just fun that's it.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-10-2023 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    From my point of view, Beverly is on equal footing with Burnam.
    It is not an excuse to keep a father and a son apart just because she was afraid.
    Beverly got no one killed I don't see how they're close to equal.

Just read Robert Beltran was offered to appear in Picard Season episode 2 as President Hansen's husband.

Just read Robert Beltran was offered to appear in Picard Season episode 2 as President Hansen's husband.
    Robert Beltran Turned Down ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Role Picking Up On Seven/Chakotay Romance
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sounds like Beltran made the right call to me. *shrugs*

BANNED

Beverly got no one killed I don't see how they're close to equal.
    She had no right to keep something like this as a secret. She may not have killed a person but she did killed the connection she had with Jean Luc. She killed his trust on her.

Shaw said the Titan was on her 5th refit and had 20-year-old connections with the nacelles.

So, I'm assuming it's the original Titan that Saavik commanded which was given Riker's Luna Class Titan's Registry Number with the A added as a homage to the Luna Class Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    SNW and Prodigy had bangers for the first seasons FWIW.
    I didn't watch Prodigy, but SNW first season was not a "banger" it was just passable. When a show is next to Discovery and Lower Decks it's easy to think that things are better than they really are.

I can't believe that we had to wait this long to get good Trek again. It feels almost spiteful. Like Paramount just threw up their arms in frustration after all their attempts and said "Okay, fine! We'll stop trying to turn it into something it isn't. Here is your stupid old Trek back!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-11-2023 at 10:04 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I checked and the actress is alive and still working so I wish in season 1 of Picard the bitchy admiral could have been Nechayev.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I didn't watch Prodigy, but SNW first season was not a "banger" it was just passable. When a show is next to Discovery and Lower Decks it's easy to think that things are better than they really are.

I can't believe that we had to wait this long to get good Trek again. It feels almost spiteful. Like Paramount just threw up their arms in frustration after all their attempts and said "Okay, fine! We'll stop trying to turn it into something it isn't. Here is your stupid old Trek back!
    Well, like the saying goes "IF it ain't broke don't fix it". I don't think it was out of spite. SNW was probably in the cards. Why else would you have Pike exit stage left in Season 2? Personally I'm glad it's back. As long as they keep the formula that came before.

There's a new preview for Episode 5 out. Seems Shaw talks to Starfleet and they send a ship (Apparentally it's a new design called the Duderstadt class USS INTREPID). Strongly seems to imply there's something really wrong with the boarding party (Changelings?).

The new shuttle design also seems very reminiscent of the runabout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyIjTjrnYTw
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-14-2023 at 08:09 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

There was also a clip of Beverly doing an autopsy on the dead Changeling, in which they note that Changelings have always reverted to liquid when killed but this one retained La Forge's shape, and also still produces blood plasma that I guess they use to pass tests.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If you saw the episode you know why. So far Picard has been better than The Mandalorian. If you look outside you can see some flying pigs. Also Picard's hurt feelings over Ro's betrayal all those years ago seemed to have more to them than mere Starfleet stuff.....
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-16-2023 at 12:29 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest