Page 48 of 136 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I thought Discovery season 3 was better than previous seasons

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Sooo.. time travel again?
    Definetly getting "Voyage Home" vibes with this poster (1986 San Francisco showed up in a lot of marketing for IV but I'm not sure what city that is in the Picard poster).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have no idea why you guys want episodic shows. Usually you would get one maybe 2 really good episodes with the rest being ok to meh.
    A bad episode is easier to move on from than a bad arc.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Couldn't Q just...snap his fingers and make Picard flesh and blood again, minus the brain thing he was suffering from? I wonder if that's the first thing he'll do when they see each other, before he sets them on...whatever he has planned for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought Discovery season 3 was better than previous seasons
    Right! And calling Book's actor "bad"?? He was one of the best characters in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Couldn't Q just...snap his fingers and make Picard flesh and blood again, minus the brain thing he was suffering from? I wonder if that's the first thing he'll do when they see each other, before he sets them on...whatever he has planned for everyone.
    Q could also have sent Voyager home early.

Part of Q I think is that he's kind of on the good guys side, but he shows a lot of "tough love" to put it mildly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Right! And calling Book's actor "bad"?? He was one of the best characters in the season.
    And the other characters actually got more screen time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Part of Q I think is that he's kind of on the good guys side, but he shows a lot of "tough love" to put it mildly.
    In hindsight (because he travels back and forth in time), he could have also known they made it out safely, everything turned out ok, etc.

I consider him "generally good", he's intervened positively on behalf of humanity in the past. (Moreso than the trouble he's caused)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Two different situations, though. If Q has them back on trial/some new game, Picard comes in at an advantage and Q would be making things "even". His relationship with Voyager, or rather Janeway, was entirely different. They weren't on trial but in a reversal the captain was the arbiter, and he made the offer to send them home to butter her up to rule in his favor in regards to the Q who wanted to commit suicide. Janeway rightfully didn't want to be in his debt. It then became part fascination, part "friend who always fixes your problems". And as a friend he'd respect her wishes. Q and Picard's "relationship" is more nuanced than that (or arguably worse), a deity and his favorite "toy".

Now, the writers could ignore it, too, but we have new writers/a new showrunner who may (I stress may) not want to deal with that and this is the perfect way to do away with it. IF they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In hindsight (because he travels back and forth in time), he could have also known they made it out safely, everything turned out ok, etc.

I consider him "generally good", he's intervened positively on behalf of humanity in the past. (Moreso than the trouble he's caused)
    I think the balance they were trying to strike with Q (until the Voyager eps anyway) was that he's not evil in the traditional sense of the word, but at the same time has no moral center either. He's self serving, and from that can come good deeds, but from that also came his desire to put humanity on trial. "The trial never ends." He's really a slightly less juvenile Trelane.

And dissing Oded Fehr?! No, sir/ma'am/them!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The only thing I'd like to see undone when the timeline is restored is Riker and Troi's son's death. Out of everything in Picard s1, that seemed the most gratuitous suffering. It was worse than offing the vineyard Picards in Generations.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see undone when the timeline is restored is Riker and Troi's son's death. Out of everything in Picard s1, that seemed the most gratuitous suffering. It was worse than offing the vineyard Picards in Generations.
    Oh I love that, Marina Sirtis ROCKED that scene, I was so so happy she got such a great moment.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    A bad episode is easier to move on from than a bad arc.
    True.

Usually a bad episode can be dismissed or ignored, a bad arc can't because it just bleeds into everything.

Mighty Member

I really liked Book and it's actor but the character's potential was hindered by bad writing.

I actually prefer sn2 to sn3.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I really liked Book and it's actor but the character's potential was hindered by bad writing.

I actually prefer sn2 to sn3.
    Why, if I may ask?