Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2040

Kind of wondering if we'll get any detail on why Picard left the Enterprise for another vessel and how E was decommissioned. According to the Instagram stuff the F is actually about to be decommissioned for some reason.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Titan-A is actually destroyed and Shaw and his crew get the Enterprise-G with Picard and co. symbolically passing the torch, setting up another spinoff.

Then again we already have a show with an Enterprise in it (SNW).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-27-2023 at 04:11 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Did the original crew ever really refer to Kirk as Jim apart from McCoy and Spock? Scotty did only once I think.
    They didn't, except for the exceptions you mentioned. However, since the TOS crew never really appeared in anything when they weren't Starfleet officers under a chain of command, comparing it to the post service Picard series isn't an apples to apples comparison. Is there a record of Generations' dialogue during the cut spacedive scene with Kirk? That might be the only real possibility of Chekov or Scotty calling Kirk Jim.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Just looking at the script, Chekhov calls him captain three times.

Also looking at that script it's even more obvious the lines were intended for Spock and McCoy. Chekov listing off how many meters Kirk missed his target, Scotty telling Kirk to be careful about his back etc.

Was thinking about it & I'd like to add another potential year to the when Jack Crusher was born category 2372 making him 29 in Picard season 3.

Basically he would have been born between the destruction of the Enterprise-D and launch of the Enterprise-E the D was destroyed in 2071 and 1st Contact took place in 2373 and Geordi said the ship had been in service nearly a year.

Just looking at the script, Chekhov calls him captain three times.

Also looking at that script it's even more obvious the lines were intended for Spock and McCoy. Chekov listing off how many meters Kirk missed his target, Scotty telling Kirk to be careful about his back etc.
    Also, Chekov had that line of "You and you just became nurses, let's go", which sounds like a line intended for McCoy.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-01-2023 at 05:17 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

At least the sciency stuff COULD have come from Chekov, as he was an alternate Science Officer if I remember the original series correctly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Also, Chekov had that line of "You and you just became nurses, let's go", which sounds like a line intended for McCoy.
    Kirk: Sulu when did he find time for a family?

Scotty: Like you always say if something is important you make the time. Ah Sir that's why you're so restless finding retirement a little but lonely are we?

Kirk: You know I'm glad you became an Engineer because with tact like that you'd been a lousy psychiatrist.

Replace Sir with Jim and Engineer with M.D. and you can feel this was meant for McCoy also a lot of Kirk's interactions with Scotty once Enterprise-B enters the ribbon feels like dialogue meant for him and Spock.

BANNED

Kind of wondering if we'll get any detail on why Picard left the Enterprise for another vessel and how E was decommissioned. According to the Instagram stuff the F is actually about to be decommissioned for some reason.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Titan-A is actually destroyed and Shaw and his crew get the Enterprise-G with Picard and co. symbolically passing the torch, setting up another spinoff.

Then again we already have a show with an Enterprise in it (SNW).
    Τhe season finale of Prodigy might have given us an answer on that.
    One of the vessels that was infected by the Living Construct of the Protostar had the E registry number.
    Just when the Protostar was going away in order to go into it's final Protowarp jump, that same ship was shown again in a very bad shape, almost in pieces. Maybe it was way too much damaged to attempt any kind of repairs.

Just finished watching Prodigy and I was kind of struck by that too.

Picard seems to have a bad track record when it comes to losing commands. Stargazer was captured by the Ferengi, Enterprise-D was destroyed by an outdated Bird of Prey etc and the E gets taken down by a virus from the future. No real noble ends....

Although the E did recover from some pretty nasty battle damage (In the interior in First Contact as well, a good chunk of the ship was changed into a hive) in the films.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

On one side I hate how Shaw whines about getting hurt and tells Riker to fix it. I'd rather see him act like a Captain, tries to address the situation but Riker insists he goes to Sickbay. Shaw agrees and gives Riker command. Instead, this makes him look like a coward and tough to respect his command.

On the other side, I like how Riker takes command. It shows how great he and Picard sync well with each other.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-01-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

On one side I hate how Shaw whines about getting hurt and tells Riker to fix it. I'd rather see him act like a Captain, tries to address the situation but Riker insists he goes to Sickbay. Shaw agrees and gives Riker command. Instead, this makes him look like a coward and tough to respect his command.

On the other side, I like how Riker takes command. It shows how great he and Picard sync well with each other.
    Can't walk due to leg injury also has a head injury and is bleeding from the mouth along as bleeding from the forementioned head and leg and his ship is badly damaged, and God knows how many dead. Everything he said would happen has and he physically can't be in command at the moment. He's telling Riker and Picard this is your mess now fix it because I can't literally stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I agree with this. It's taking the character of Shaw backwards, imo. Doing it the way you said would serve both characters.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Well, there's the DS9 connection they said would be in this season. But that still leaves mysteries about Vadic; a changeling would not, from what we know, single out Picard for scorn.

I think this makes the fourth time between Star Trek and X-men where they deepfaked Patrick Stewart's face for flashbacks. Although it looks much better here...although on Riker/Frakes, not so much.

Plus you've got the mention of Odo too as obviously Worf's "Man of honor" in the great link. Naturally given the nature of the character's powers, he could come back, but I think it would be kind of missing something and be a bit disrespectful, without Rene (A hologram of Odo does appear in Prodigy with some reused soundbites, but that's not quite the same).

So Lore is perhaps more dangerous than the portal weapon? Also Picard should've thought of the possibility that would use it to re-direct the torpedoes; while Riker's strategy wasn't working either there could have been a third option that would've taken the weapon into account.

I'm guessing Geordi is going to be the one to save them, judging by the trailers. It'd be cool if he was in command of the Galaxy-class Challenger, which he had in the alternate timeline future of Voyager's Timeless (The ship also appeared in "Endgame" and I think that's actually the last time a Galaxy class was seen in TV Trek in active service/not part of wall art or a flashback)

The stuff about Beverly seems to be that she stuck with the Enterprise after Nemesis, and left some time/was pregnant after Romulus was destroyed. This kind of renders the deleted scenes from Nemesis where she was going back to Starfleet medical even more non-canon I suppose. Same deleted scenes had Wesley getting assigned to the Titan with no mention of his Watcher stuff, so no big loss to continuity here.

You know what would've been a weird twist? If Jack turned out to be Odan Riker's son from "The Host".
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-02-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Man, 2/3 out the gate!

Just waiting for them to drop the ball but I hope they can keep it going.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium