Page 77 of 136 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What?!?!!!!!
    The Captain of my favorite ST series is on some naughty list??? Say it isn't so. With all these VOY characters resurfacing I've been itching to get DS9 characters, especially Sisko, some updated screen time.

It should be cued up, but I know some/most come here through their phone, so if it doesn't take you to the exact timestamp go to the 21 minute 50 second mark manually. Someone on the panel asks how is Avery Brooks doing at the point, and Cirroc, who stays in constant communication with him, answers for a good 7 minutes.

This is from Cirroc's show the 7th Rule, the one he did with Aron Eisenberg that he continued after Aron's death (Aron's wife pops up from time to time though like here).

So, blackballed (or blacklisted I always get those two confused), propaganda spread that he doesn't want to work and/or is crazy, to hide blackballing/blacklisting. Then you have folks in the comments rewriting history: "Sisko is dead and should stay dead" I swear there's something romantic about a black man dying for a greater good that people willfully, um, mandela effect themselves when what's shown onscreen is the opposite. And "He's still with the Prophets!" again, this time contradicting both what was said on screen and Avery Brooks's actual wishes which should be common knowledge by now, and if not, Google still exists.

But yeah, all this aligns to no Star Trek: Sisko, and I think they have enough sense to know a Deep Space Nine revival without Sisko, even if its a mini-series, wouldn't work. The cynic in me is saying they're waiting Brooks out, hoping he'll die and then they'll go forward with a DS9 revival of some sort "in his honor."

It would be interesting for Picard and Sisko to meet again, given that there's probably still some wounds there from Wolf 359....and I'm curious how Ben would react to the "good" Borg.

I think there might be a slight chance of O'brien showing up, if anybody from DS9, although Meaney's a pretty busy guy.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^apart from Book's planet being destroyed, Discovery seemed to be a bit more optimistic this season IMO as well.

Also yeah, a new Enterprise-or even the E if it's still around-would be a pretty good way to cap the series. In a Voyager possible future Geordi becomes a Captain, and it seems after Riker, Data (dead), and Worf (possibly disqualified from command because of going to save Dax botched a Dominion war mission) he'd actually be the logical choice for a command of his own, so it'd be cool to have him command it.
    True. Not to mention the Federation is pretty much restored in the finale having the Vulcans and Earth rejoined. I always saw Vulcan and Earth as the two pillars of the Federation.

They even technically managed to bring the Romulans in too since they're pretty much the same as the Vulcans now (Thanks in part to Spock's efforts, and unfortunately probably a side effect of losing their adopted home planet)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

It should be cued up, but I know some/most come here through their phone, so if it doesn't take you to the exact timestamp go to the 21 minute 50 second mark manually. Someone on the panel asks how is Avery Brooks doing at the point, and Cirroc, who stays in constant communication with him, answers for a good 7 minutes.

This is from Cirroc's show the 7th Rule, the one he did with Aron Eisenberg that he continued after Aron's death (Aron's wife pops up from time to time though like here).

So, blackballed (or blacklisted I always get those two confused), propaganda spread that he doesn't want to work and/or is crazy, to hide blackballing/blacklisting. Then you have folks in the comments rewriting history: "Sisko is dead and should stay dead" I swear there's something romantic about a black man dying for a greater good that people willfully, um, mandela effect themselves when what's shown onscreen is the opposite. And "He's still with the Prophets!" again, this time contradicting both what was said on screen and Avery Brooks's actual wishes which should be common knowledge by now, and if not, Google still exists.

But yeah, all this aligns to no Star Trek: Sisko, and I think they have enough sense to know a Deep Space Nine revival without Sisko, even if its a mini-series, wouldn't work. The cynic in me is saying they're waiting Brooks out, hoping he'll die and then they'll go forward with a DS9 revival of some sort "in his honor."
    Can someone please help me understand why Brooks is so dedicatedly devoted to staying AWAY from Startrek?

What happened?.....Did someone offend him?

And technically i think a new DS9 can still be done by why of Sisko's kids and have Sisko himself have some kind of ethereal appearance after getting rid of or transcending beyond his human body whereby he can appear at anyone or take the form of anyone alternating actors..... He can just be a sentient nebula or mist of dark matter with many stars within.

Question is though, does Startrek has permission to use Brooks likeness?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Can someone please help me understand why Brooks is so dedicatedly devoted to staying AWAY from Startrek?

What happened?.....Did someone offend him?
    Why would you quote me AND the video, but not watch the video? I even gave the time stamp where Lofton explains EXPLICITLY exactly what is going with Brooks.

And technically i think a new DS9 can still be done by why of Sisko's kids and have Sisko himself have some kind of ethereal appearance after getting rid of or transcending beyond his human body whereby he can appear at anyone or take the form of anyone alternating actors..... He can just be a sentient nebula or mist of dark matter with many stars within.
    That's not even how DS9 ended, but what you just said is typical of people who claim to be a fan of Sisko. Somehow its romantic that he's still in the celestial temple, never having returned to his pregnant wife and child, something Brook specifically wanted made clear would not happen. You're a fan but screw what the actual actor wanted or intended, huh?

Question is though, does Startrek has permission to use Brooks likeness?
    Google it.

What a weird clarion call to be spoon fed. Good luck with that.

Wonder if Geordi's daughter, Soja, Alexander and Kestra willl form some kind of team? I wouldn't put it past this series. Maybe even bring in Molly and Kirayoshi as well if they get Miles in a surprise appearance.

Mighty Member

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Geordi's daughter, Soja, Alexander and Kestra willl form some kind of team? I wouldn't put it past this series. Maybe even bring in Molly and Kirayoshi as well if they get Miles in a surprise appearance.
    None of that sounds the least bit appealing (imho)...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think that Season 3 will set up a Starfleet Academy series that will be the next show.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that Season 3 will set up a Starfleet Academy series that will be the next show.
    Could be. Add one more show once again before doing that Section 31 show that you've kicked about now for some 3years Paramount.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Could be. Add one more show once again before doing that Section 31 show that you've kicked about now for some 3years Paramount.
    To be fair that wasn't Paramount that was CBS and Kurtzman. While owned by the same Parent Company CBS and Paramount were separate corporate entities 3 years ago.

Nah, I'm good.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    To be fair that wasn't Paramount that was CBS and Kurtzman. While owned by the same Parent Company CBS and Paramount were separate corporate entities 3 years ago.
    Wonder if Yeoh is still interested, her career has had a massive revival recently.