Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She's self-destructive with mental issues and possible gambling problems. Of COURSE she vapes space weed while guzzling wine!
    "mental issues and gambling problems" where was this highlighted?

Incredible Member

The Romulan tied to the chair disintegrated to dust. Was the green stuff thalaron based in a nod to Nemesis?
    Sounds perfect.

Incredible Member

I hated Raffi calling Picard "JL" too. That was way too casual. In TNG and the TNG movies no-one would have called him that no matter how close they were to him.

I think Agnes is now working for Commodore Oh. She seemed shady after the Commodre approached her.

Loved hearing Picard say "engage" and hearing the TNG theme song.
    Last edited by Styles; 02-09-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Why didn't Picard's two Romulan housekeepers go with him. They are both former Romulan spies and very capable of protecting him and he obviously needs protection.

It was one moment where I felt plot induced stupidity for the sake of future drama was driving the plot. I know that next episode Romulan Legalos will join the crew but while he is capable in a fight does he have the knowledge that the other two have about Romulan spy agencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I hated Raffi calling Picard "JL" too. That was way too casual. In TNG and the TNG movies no-one would have called him that no matter how close they were to him.

I think Agnes is now working for Commodore Oh. She seemed shady after the Commodre approached her.

Loved hearing Picard say "engaged" and hearing the TNG theme song.
    I don't mind the nickname JL... but I do think she overused it. It felt like she was literally ending every sentence with JL. I don't think most people use the person they're talking to name that often in a conversation.

And yeah... Agnes is obviously a plant. Or she's a red herring and they want us to think she is.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Why didn't Picard's two Romulan housekeepers go with him. They are both former Romulan spies and very capable of protecting him and he obviously needs protection.

It was one moment where I felt plot induced stupidity for the sake of future drama was driving the plot. I know that next episode Romulan Legalos will join the crew but while he is capable in a fight does he have the knowledge that the other two have about Romulan spy agencies?
    I was honestly sure the female house keeper would go. Her adamently saying it was a mistake and she wouldn't go is usually a sign that she would change her mind and go. But I guess they already played that card with Raffi.

The nickname doesn't bother me, but to paraphrase something a comedian once said: 'JL' has just as many syllables as 'Jean-Luc', so she's not really taking an oral shortcut lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The nickname doesn't bother me, but to paraphrase something a comedian once said: 'JL' has just as many syllables as 'Jean-Luc', so she's not really taking an oral shortcut lol.
    Jean-Luc has more syllables

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Not really, but JL is easier and faster to say than Jean-Luc.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm curious why the housekeepers got left behind, too, given that Raffi said things were about to get hotter. Are we to believe that they'll be left alone once Picard is gone? Seems unlikely given their history with the Romulan spy agencies.

At any rate, I really like those characters, and I hope they'll return in some capacity.

So, what did everyone think of Jean-Luc being terminally ill? Was it implied that this was the result of his time as Locutus? And do you think he'll eventually be cured, or will they give Picard's story an ending? I'm inclined to say it's the latter. Patrick Stewart loved his arc in LOGAN and I feel like he wants to give Jean-Luc an equally poignant and conclusive send-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Do either of you know how to count syllables?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Do either of you know how to count syllables?
    I know, right?

SZOHN-look *clap clap* 2 syllables, 1 second to say.

jay-ELL *clap clap* 2 syllables, 1 second to say.

I think Raffi is a bit of dick, so she's doing it to mess with Picard and because she likes/respects him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why don't we just do all the lines but with a different nickname? I decided to have Raffii use J-Hustla' instead of JL.

"Something's off about this whole business J-Hustla'"

"What happened in there J-Hustla' ?"

"There has to be something, some wild desperate solution J-Hustla' that's what you do!"

"I can't do this without you J-Hustla'!"

"Might have been nice to hear from you a time or two in there J-Hustla', not because you think I know an off-the-books pilot with an unregistered starship."

"I will not go down another rabbit hole with you J-Hustla'"

Of course it takes longer to say..but it makes the lines come alive lol.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Bone Digger P?

Super JLP?

I do agree the nickname is super lame.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium