Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    "mental issues and gambling problems" where was this highlighted?
    She certainly doesn't seem to be acting normally, and her reaction to Free Cloud's dice logo made me suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Do either of you know how to count syllables?
    It's not about syllable count. It's about what rolls off the tongue easier. I said both out loud and found JL to be a little easier to say than Jean-Luc and it was a little faster to me, if barely. There are a number of nicknames in real life that people have that roll off the tongue easier despite each having the same number of syllables. Harold and Harry are an example of such.

Sure, I guess. Jean Luc isn't hard to say, though. JL may be fractions of a second quicker to say, but it is not a common shortening, or nickname, like say, DJ.

And, whatever, my whole distaste for it had nothing to do with anything other than a personal distaste for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Sure, I guess. Jean Luc isn't hard to say, though. JL may be fractions of a second quicker to say, but it is not a common shortening, or nickname, like say, DJ.

And, whatever, my whole distaste for it had nothing to do with anything other than a personal distaste for it.
    As I mentioned earlier, it is a lame nickname. I just think Raffi is being a dick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, it is a lame nickname. I just think Raffi is being a dick.
    Why was Raffi living out in the dessert anyway? Wouldn't her current lifestyle be more expensive in the future society she lives in? She doesn't come off as someone experiencing hard times. In the future society she lives in she just comes off as the ultimate hipster.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    How is calling him by his initials being a dick? She was doing it in the flashback as well, when she wasn't mad at him (if that's what you were suggesting).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

There's only been three eps, right? I haven't missed the Riker/Troi/Picard reunion, right? Maybe it'll be in the season finale.

COMMODORE Oh? So at some point this rank got reactivated? Anyway, I get the feeling Jurati is some sort of sleeper agent for Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    How is calling him by his initials being a dick? She was doing it in the flashback as well, when she wasn't mad at him (if that's what you were suggesting).
    Picard is fairly proper and formal. Raffi is enjoying messing with that sensibility.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Why was Raffi living out in the dessert anyway? Wouldn't her current lifestyle be more expensive in the future society she lives in? She doesn't come off as someone experiencing hard times. In the future society she lives in she just comes off as the ultimate hipster.
    I can't recall, is it ever said she's fallen on hard times financially? I thought the focus was more her disillusionment and if so, the desert setting fits her attempt to recast herself as a rugged individualist when she once believed in what her, Picard and Starfleet could accomplish through teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I can't recall, is it ever said she's fallen on hard times financially? I thought the focus was more her disillusionment and if so, the desert setting fits her attempt to recast herself as a rugged individualist when she once believed in what her, Picard and Starfleet could accomplish through teamwork.
    She was obviously bitter because Picard was living high on the hog and described her home as a "hovel" so obviously she was bitter.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Wait, so Commodores AND money came back in the future? There should be no such thing as "financial hardships". Remember this?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wait, so Commodores AND money came back in the future? There should be no such thing as "financial hardships". Remember this?
    I don't think money is back, or financial hardships but rather I think its an issue of status.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think money is back, or financial hardships but rather I think its an issue of status.
    But Raffi was in Starfleet. Sure she was discharged but in this future world having spent time in Starfleet would still come off as a big deal. She was Picard's right hand, you mean to tell me she couldn't spin that into something? Couldn't get a soft landing anywhere? That whole scene just felt weird to me.

But Raffi was in Starfleet. Sure she was discharged but in this future world having spent time in Starfleet would still come off as a big deal. She was Picard's right hand, you mean to tell me she couldn't spin that into something? Couldn't get a soft landing anywhere? That whole scene just felt weird to me.
    She's a rebel. She's flawed. She's addicted to painkillers. Doesn't seem that hard for me to see her as somebody that would get into the situation she's in now.

For all we know someone in Starfleet prevented any oppurtunities that came her way from coming to fruition. The fact that they discharged her because Picard resigned is crazy.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store