Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Rise Of Skywalker Trailer: The Emperor laughs menacingly at the end of the trailer.

Picard Trailer: Q laughs menacingly at the end of the trailer.

I'm feeling triggered

This is a classic bait and switch. We aren't getting the character that we all liked. We are getting the Picard version of the character who will get owned by everyone and everything.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Rise Of Skywalker Trailer: The Emperor laughs menacingly at the end of the trailer.

Picard Trailer: Q laughs menacingly at the end of the trailer.

I'm feeling triggered

This is a classic bait and switch. We aren't getting the character that we all liked. We are getting the Picard version of the character who will get owned by everyone and everything.
    Why would you say that? Not trying to argue, just curious

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was being facetious. Hence the .

I'll be honest. I don't know if I want to see "old Q". We'll see. If he is taking "old man" form, he definitely should de-age, just for a second to make sure we know he's taunting Picard.

I'm guessing he'll be bearded, De Lancie's had that beard for about a decade or so I doubt he'll do away with it.

"You weren't like that before the beard."
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Well I'm surprised but...it makes perfect sense. Somehow he (Stewart and company) are putting Guinan in season 2, and Guinan and Q are something like mortal enemies. Should have stood to reason they were a package deal.

Also I don't give a damn if Q shows up with a walker, his appearance on this show will wash out the bad taste of all his appearances on Voyager (well post Death Wish, I liked that one).

Ultimate Member

Q being old just seems like another way for him to taunt Picard. I think they can fit it into his characterization.

Was that ever really explained? I'm guessing Quinan's sort of cosmic awareness (due to the Nexus) might've tipped her off to one of Q's pre-Farpoint schemes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This may be blasphemous, but I'd trade both Q and Guinan for Crusher in S2. She's just as integral (if not more so!) to Picard's history/character as they are.

McFadden seems willing, but I'm sure the situation in the writer's room hasn't changed much since the 90's; no one wants to write the exploits of a middle-aged single mother.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I would take both Crushers over Q.

He has run his course IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Time offers so many opportunities, but no second chances.

Seems like an incredibly silly thing for Picard, of all people, to say.

Ultimate Member

This may be blasphemous, but I'd trade both Q and Guinan for Crusher in S2. She's just as integral (if not more so!) to Picard's history/character as they are.

McFadden seems willing, but I'm sure the situation in the writer's room hasn't changed much since the 90's; no one wants to write the exploits of a middle-aged single mother.
    She's past middle-aged but that shouldn't limit her at all. The point of Star Trek it to move beyond such societal biases

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    She's past middle-aged but that shouldn't limit her at all. The point of Star Trek it to move beyond such societal biases
    Agreed. But for all of its progressive trappings, Star Trek is still at the mercy of a bunch of rich, old white men at the top of the food chain.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Agreed. But for all of its progressive trappings, Star Trek is still at the mercy of a bunch of rich, old white men at the top of the food chain.
    No doubt. It still has much farther to go.

Astonishing Member

Supposedly they wrote possible futures for every single TNG regular (and recurring) characters. I simply can't imagine them *not* having a plan for Crusher. The fact that she's just MIA is narratively jarring. She's one of Picard's oldest friends and sounding boards. If she were dead, there would have been a mention of it. The only thing that makes sense is if they had a falling out of some sort. Or Beverly is in an unreachable place.