Page 100 of 136 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2040

It's kind of hard to compare the whole thing with Kirk's situation as well. While we have a lot of background on Picard and Beverly, We never really have a full canon explanation of Kirk and Carol's romance, how well he knew David when they were younger (It's clear David has some familiarity with who Kirk is and his relationship with his mother, enough at least to distrust him at first) etc. (Into Darkness doesn't count since it's another universe, for all we know Admiral Marcus is a nice guy in the prime timeline and had nothing to do with Pike's career).

Kind of curious if Strange New Worlds will cover this, since season 2 seems that it will still feature Kirk in some capacity around the time David would probably have been born (Late 2250s/early 2260s).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I found it funny that the writers remembered the cool yet obscure photonic shockwave from VOY but forgot that Picard experienced being a husband, father, and grandfather in one of Trek's most celebrated episodes. The damned flute was even in the season premiere!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    As for Jack...yeah it's some Typhon Pact ish. I maintain its about Picard but only indirectly. His human body, with all that borg stuff, is gone. But what if it was passed to Jack in some way? Also I wonder if that was a vision from the Prophets that he had. I noticed except for Sacrifice of Angels the Prophets and the Dominion War/Changlings never interacted. Even then they probably considered it some unknown but clever move from Starfleet and never thought twice about it.

I also considered what if the nebula was actually the chism of Changlings, but then there'd be no need for a sabateur.
    The nebula reminds me of the entity sucking in the 1701D in Time Squared.
    The Prophets are a good possibility for what Davi... er... Jack saw.
    Part of me would love for it to turn out that Jack is somehow actually a Changeling.
    And maybe Lore wants Picard's new body.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

So is Wesley Alive or dead? Bev made it sound like he is dead. Or does she assume he is dead because he is off maintaining the timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So is Wesley Alive or dead? Bev made it sound like he is dead. Or does she assume he is dead because he is off maintaining the timeline?
    I would hope and assume Wes came back to say goodbye but if he did, I also assume it was a final goodbye so in a sense she's lost him.

Think she meant she kind of lost him to him joining with the traveler/kind of 'ascending' a bit like Sisko did although Sisko did say he'd return.

He did stop by for Riker and Troi's wedding though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

On Beverly bringing Jack into trouble, didn't they both say they helped forgotten Federation planets/allies and it wasn't until recently that it became a problem?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    On Beverly bringing Jack into trouble, didn't they both say they helped forgotten Federation planets/allies and it wasn't until recently that it became a problem?
    It wasn't until recently that bounty hunters were actively gunning for them. And we've seen how deadly 'forgotten Federation worlds' can be; take Tasha's home for example. From his extensive criminal record and numerous aliases, Jack's been put in danger and then put himself in danger for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It wasn't until recently that bounty hunters were actively gunning for them. And we've seen how deadly 'forgotten Federation worlds' can be; take Tasha's home for example. From his extensive criminal record and numerous aliases, Jack's been put in danger and then put himself in danger for a very long time.
    Don't forget Jack said Beverly taught him every trick he knows, yet somehow she's not the one with the extensive criminal record. And yet all of that was better than the possibility Picard would have kept his life the same if he had known, eventually leading to Jack's death. No, better make the choice for him so we'd get Star Trek's answer to Han Solo...

What if that's Tom, not Will?

And then Captain Riker of the E shows up to save them with the rest of our gang?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

That scene reminds me how vital Data was. He got that crew out of so many jams like that.

Who I wish that is at the end: Sisko

Highest probability: Geordi La Forge. Not too pleased his daughter is out there
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-03-2023 at 07:35 PM.

I complained about how there was so much shaky cam and lens flare and blinding movement during ship shots in DIS... but this fight sequence would have been enhanced by actually making the Titan move faster. It can't be that slow. What is it? An Oberth?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I found it funny that the writers remembered the cool yet obscure photonic shockwave from VOY but forgot that Picard experienced being a husband, father, and grandfather in one of Trek's most celebrated episodes. The damned flute was even in the season premiere!
    Not sure why you think they forgot. In the end, that wasn't reality whereas Jack is his actual son.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What if that's Tom, not Will?

And then Captain Riker of the E shows up to save them with the rest of our gang?
    Τhe first one is cool and might actually have some merit.
    The second... I don't think so. They said the Enterprise E is not going to appear. The F however is possible.