Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Not sure why you think they forgot. In the end, that wasn't reality whereas Jack is his actual son.
    Picard still went through 50+ years of living that life, memories and feelings which didn't just disappear once he got out of the scenario (as noted by the flute). In a situation where he's dealing with paternal issues, like with Riker and with Jack, I'd expect him to give wisdom based on what he learned during his time as a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

There's actually an entertaining comic where Picard actually accesses the personalities he's kind of absorbed-Locutus, Sarek and Kamin.

Think some of the novels (Destiny?) also had Picard have a kid with Beverly, although she didn't raise him alone line in the canon. Also reveals he actually has grief over Kamin's.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-04-2023 at 10:32 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Τhe first one is cool and might actually have some merit.
    The second... I don't think so. They said the Enterprise E is not going to appear. The F however is possible.
    Typo, my bad. I meant F.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wonder if we are going to get details as to what the enterprise was doing during the Dominion War (besides the events of Star Trek Insurrection). That has always been something the fandom has a strong desire to know.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I wonder if we are going to get details as to what the enterprise was doing during the Dominion War (besides the events of Star Trek Insurrection). That has always been something the fandom has a strong desire to know.
    Ιnsurrection was taking place during the Dominion War? I didn't knew that.
    Didn't Worf stayed a bit to DS9 after the series ended?

Personally I thought that the E was under construction or they begun to have ideas for the new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Ιnsurrection was taking place during the Dominion War? I didn't knew that.
    Didn't Worf stayed a bit to DS9 after the series ended?

Personally I thought that the E was under construction or they begun to have ideas for the new class.
    Yeah, there was a scene in "Star Trek: Insurrection" where Picard said to someone "The war is not going well for the Federation", or something like that. "Or maybe it was "But these are ...perilous times for the Federation." (I'm looking at an online Star Trek: Insurrection script."

It looks like that "The war is not going well for the Federation" line was actually "The war is going very badly for the Federation; far worse than is generally known", but Picard said it in TNG S3E15 "Yesterday's Enterprise", not "Insurrection."
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-05-2023 at 05:08 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I believe Picard mentioned the war in Insurrection, and even the Dominion by name, but not in the context of how well it was going.

Edit: watched it on YouTube, Riker mentions negotiations with the Dominion and Picard said their losses to the Borg and The Dominion were influencing how fast the Federation was moving on things.
    Last edited by Robotech Master; 03-05-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Think it also mentions the So'na giving the Jem Hadar Ketrocel White.

The war is mentioned in Nemesis, but as Reman troops being used (presumably by the Romulans).

Wait ... Why wasn't Insurrection a Dominion War movie!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wait ... Why wasn't Insurrection a Dominion War movie!?
    Probably because Stewart didn't care for the way Picard seemed to be turning into an action hero in the first two Next Gen films and a war movie would have likely increased that characterization.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

And yet, the film still ended like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1c8h2UyE8

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Probably because Stewart didn't care for the way Picard seemed to be turning into an action hero in the first two Next Gen films and a war movie would have likely increased that characterization.
    Actually, kind of the opposite Stewart wanted to do a Battle of the Alamo type story in the Baku Village instead of fleeing to the mountains, but the budget didn't allow it. They actually kept the script from him till the last minute to avoid any aggro. It was more likely Berman he wasn't a fan of the Dominion War.

Just a Worf appreciation gif.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Just a Worf appreciation gif.
    I have been enjoying his turn so far. While the last ep had pretty pictures, I'm in the club of folk who think the Riker/Picard tension seems a bit overdone. Did the like the changeling reveal tho.

There's some fan theories that that Riker isn't really Riker but a Changeling or his transporter duplicate "brother" Thomas. Last we heard of that Riker in canon, he was a Cardassian prisoner, and Cardassia was, for a short time, part of the Dominion....

Curiously this future does have several details from "All good things" but somewhat more optimistic; Picard's dementia-related disease ('fixed' with the robot body), Laforge having a family, him and Crusher drifting apart, an unauthorized mission, Riker being angry with him etc.

Maybe Q popped over to the future and took some notes for his Anti-Time alternate reality.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-07-2023 at 04:51 PM.