Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some fan theories that that Riker isn't really Riker but a Changeling or his transporter duplicate "brother" Thomas. Last we heard of that Riker in canon, he was a Cardassian prisoner, and Cardassia was, for a short time, part of the Dominion....

Curiously this future does have several details from "All good things" but somewhat more optimistic; Picard's dementia-related disease ('fixed' with the robot body), Laforge having a family, him and Crusher drifting apart, an unauthorized mission, Riker being angry with him etc.

Maybe Q popped over to the future and took some notes for his Anti-Time alternate reality.
    I mentioned that previously along with Captain Riker of the USS Enterprise showing up with the rest of the gang in tow to save Picard.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I mentioned that previously along with Captain Riker of the USS Enterprise showing up with the rest of the gang in tow to save Picard.
    Captain Thomas Riker of the USS Enterprise F would be awesome! I don't see it happening but it'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

There's a teaser for tommorow's episode, with Riker saying "This is the end, my friend" from the teaser.

Kind of wondering where Lore still fits in, although it's obvious he was what was stolen from the Daystrom institute. Given his past team ups with the Crystalline entity and a Borg faction, the rogue founders kind of fits.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Great episode.

1st off Shaw given his knowledge of the Changelings I will definitely say he fought in the Dominion War especially given he was in Starfleet at the time. I loved the reveal he was a survivor of Wolf 359 it now puts his view of the Borg in perspective and his survivors guilt puts his view of not wanting to put his crew in harm's way in perspective.

I loved Shaw line "You were so deadly they named you" Over the last 30 years it always slightly bugged me Picard was specifically named vs a designation First Contact explained a little the Queen wanted a partner, but this also was cool.

The scenes between Picard and Jack were great and the twist at the end was a nice touch.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Man where the hell was this for two goddamn seasons.

Maintained tension
    proactive characters
    people sharing thoughts/feelings without having to speak or communicating more than what was said
    Drama and plot points being allowed to quickly resolve and change to move to the next beat

Such a great episode and the season is soaring so far above what came before. Even my minor quip about the resentment between Riker and Picard feeling forced got resolved in like 30 seconds. I feel like in Season 2 pacing it would have taken up the entire episode, with progressive flashbacks to the funeral of Riker's son before he realizes how it affected him.

Mighty Member

This is probably my favorite episode of the entire series so far. Watching these broken people come together and make each other better is just so very Star Trek.

Picard's realization at the end of the episode is both heartrending but also hopeful. Jack really DID try to reach out. Jean-Luc screwed it up, unintentionally. But there is a bridge to be built there. And Jack also begins to understand just what his father was talking about.

Shaw's backstory was predictable, but really well played. Face to face with the living embodiment of your greatest trauma, no wonder Shaw has been losing it these last few episodes.

Seven is GOAT. But Riker, when he finds himself at the end anyway, is still the biggest baddass in TNG. "You threw a ship at me. Hold my beer."

Anybody think Amanda Plummer/Vedic's OTT chair spin was a bit of a homage to her father's "Cry havoc!" moment in Star Trek VI?

Vidic's false hand/changeling communication device reminds me of this thing from the Star Wars New Jedi Order novels: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Villip

The Changeling FX are also somewhat more kind of gross-out this time, like they're not only imitating the outside appearence of someone, but the bone and muscle as well before becoming more jellow like.

Also interesting thing about the twist with the nebula is that real Nebulas are sort of wombs themselves, just for stars and their systems instead of space jellyfish. Kind of wonder if this might also be the younger form of the Space jellies from Farpoint and seen again in Lower Decks. Funny thing is they also were in one of the TITAN novels....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-09-2023 at 11:29 AM.

I honestly hate all the casual cursing. It kinda takes me out of the setting and isn’t very Star Trek like.

Other than that, I’m really enjoying this season. I wouldn’t mind a spin-off with Captain Riker, Commander Seven and a new crew, including Ensign LaForge. I think we may get some like that, actually.

I had the same thought about Vidic's chair spin.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I liked Picard echoing Shaw's "dipshit from Chicago" as it was essentially him undercutting all the drama and tension between them for the sake of getting the job done.

the F bomb on the other hand, was apparently ad lib by Stewart and they kept it.

Riker saying hell is fine.

The dipshit stuff ... I dunno. It was worth it for the turn around.

The f bombs feel very un-Trekish to me, too.

As is the Uber violence.

Another great episode! Space jellies! Surfing in space! Riker being a total BAMF.

LaForge and Seven are going to be running a ship soon, aren't they?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Nobody pays attention to you unless you swear every other word!"-Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    "Nobody pays attention to you unless you swear every other word!"-Kirk
    Well, a Double Dumb Ass on You! Would be Funny if that was his epithet.

While Shaw can be a "Dipshit" the worst Captain in Starfleet is Harriman IMO I know the books did him some justice but still he seemed like a dolt in Generations. In my head canon he had to be the beneficiary of nepotism like a high-ranking father/mother or maybe a member of the Federation Council because it makes no sense he got the Flagship.

One of the "Lost Era" novels makes him partly responsible for the Tomed Inciddent, although there's a bit of a twist.