Page 105 of 136 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2040

I'm not sure how I'll feel when Jack is revealed to be a changeling and the real Jack Crusher is dead. That seems too dark but I guess that's Nu-Trek now.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm not sure how I'll feel when Jack is revealed to be a changeling and the real Jack Crusher is dead. That seems too dark but I guess that's Nu-Trek now.
    I don't think they're going that route simply because there are people like Dave Cullen who I don't usually agree with who have seen the entire season and are praising the show. If Picard's son turned out to be a fake, I think that's the kind of thing that would turn them off.

Positive seeing Michelle Forbes again as Ro and getting resolution to her and Picard. The ending actually got me teary eyed.

The negative it now means the DS9 Relaunch books aren't canon and are officially "Beta" canon now. Those books were good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't think they're going that route simply because there are people like Dave Cullen who I don't usually agree with who have seen the entire season and are praising the show. If Picard's son turned out to be a fake, I think that's the kind of thing that would turn them off.
    That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Or worse, Beverly took one of the Changeling hundred "orphans", stabilized him from changing into jelly all the time & to assume one form, and made him think he was their son, but he's still part of the link and is a sort of a sleeper agent too.

But probably unlikely. I hope!

I'm guessing Titan's group might lay low at the fleet museum, which according to previous episodes and the end-credits, is where the Voyager, Enterprise-A, Excelsior and what's left of Enterprise D are stored(!)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-16-2023 at 10:52 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What if Beverly is one of the good Changelings?

Was super happy to see Ro then after the Worf death fake out ... I went oh no ... At least Ro went out a hero.

There's going to be a big Fleet Day battle, isn't there?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hm. I always thought Jack's Stranger Things Plot had something to do with the Borg. Locutus DNA was passed on to child. I'm now guessing its the Pah Wraiths messing with him because how his eyes are changing. They did similar things to Keiko and Gul Dukat

Anyway, Stellar episode. Trying to decide if this or the previous one was my favorite. No cons to this one

Pros:

Commander Ro: Loved this character and so happy to have her return. As much as I love Kira, I can't help but wonder how it would have turned out if Ro's Actress accepted the DS9 Role

The Gangster Vulcan: "Krin?" was his name? I really liked this guy. He reminded me of Admiral Thrawn. Also loved the fact that he and a Ferengi were brothers by their own code of honor. I would totally watch a spin off show featuring this character

Ro/Picard: Sad to see the last of Ro (She was a favorite) but their scene played out beautifully. Excellent close on their chapter.

Shaw/Riker/Picard: Their exchange was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If you saw the episode you know why. So far Picard has been better than The Mandalorian. If you look outside you can see some flying pigs. Also Picard's hurt feelings over Ro's betrayal all those years ago seemed to have more to them than mere Starfleet stuff.....
    I also noticed. Probably best Riker doesn't tell Picard he scored with her too.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-16-2023 at 05:02 PM.

It just hit me, Ro said she even tried going to the press. Who is the most famous Trek character that is a member of the media and linked to the Deep Space 9 era and is related to a certain missing captain?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It just hit me, Ro said she even tried going to the press. Who is the most famous Trek character that is a member of the media and linked to the Deep Space 9 era and is related to a certain missing captain?
    With a changeling crisis, the DS9 cast (or many of them) would be logical additions. I'm convinced a role for Julian Bashir is needed here because of his work with the changeling plague he looked at back in season 7 of DS9. As much credit as Beverly deserves for her medical expertise, Julian is easily the most familiar with the changeling form than any possible additions to Team Picard.

I also expect Worf to drop a lot of information to Picard and Riker about the changelings next week.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    She had no right to keep something like this as a secret. She may not have killed a person but she did killed the connection she had with Jean Luc. She killed his trust on her.
    She had the right to protect her son from Picard's enemies. If no one knew he existed including Picard then no one would hunt for him.

I'm starting to think there is another reason I like this season besides obvious fan service, better writing, and characters I like and it's the form of storytelling.

DS9 was my favorite Trek series and what I liked about it was because it was a Stationary Show where they stayed in one section of space it meant there was ramifications to their actions there was no reset button like on TNG or VOY which was a major issue for me with the latter due to that shows premise. Pissing off Vedic Wynn in Hands of the Prophets has long-term shockwaves because she becomes Kai. On TNG or VOY she'd been gone next week and never heard of again. Then when the show got into an overarching storyline with the Dominion War it wasn't always the A plot there were tons of episodes where the War was just the backdrop to a capsulized episode.

Picard Season 3:

Episode 1: What has happened to Beverly.

Episode 2: A Plot Who is Jack and why does Vadic want him B Plot who attacked Starfleet.

Episode 3: A Plot dealing with the revelations of who Jack is and the situation the Titan is in B Plot the Changelings are back.

Episode 4: A Plot Escaping the Nebula and Vadic and dealing with the Changeling on board B Plot Picard getting to know his son.

Episode 5: A Plot Ro and Picard B Plot revelations about the Changelings new abilities and what is going on with Jack.

The Changelings are the big storyline but, in every episode, they are the B Plot the A Plots are the relationships between the characters and their struggles. I said in Picard Season 1 I didn't buy the relationships because they were the B Plots, they were after thoughts to the larger story involving the Synths, Borg, and Romulans. When Picard "died" in Season 1 I didn't care on a emotional level because he was surrounded by people who I felt nothing for their grief over him dying because I didn't see them as more than casual relationships to him. Ro dying after just having made peace with Picard after nearly 30 years and him admitting he was sorry he didn't forgive her way sooner was heartbreaking. I cared because the episode took the time to reinvest in their relationship.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Season 2 hinted that she had a chance at taking on Q
    That would have been nonsensical and unforgivably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    She had the right to protect her son from Picard's enemies. If no one knew he existed including Picard then no one would hunt for him.
    Beverly was 100% wrong. Her actions unforgivable and her reasons indefensible

Like I said before several times, Beverly never gave Picard the chance to change. People can change if you give them the chance to. She robbed him of probably the best thing in his life and robbed Jack getting to know his father.

If you want to stick with that "You'd put our son in danger" story

1. Who was it asking who for rescue because that person was in danger?
    2. Picard is extremely resourceful. He faced everything from planetary dictators to gods.
    3. Speaking of gods, he has one that watches over him. I can only imagine Picard grasping fatherhood challenges and Q jumping in asking how his 'Godson' is.
    4. Picard's Allies are strong. He employs Romulans who used to be Tal Shiar as housekeepers. I can't see many assassins getting past Laris and Zhaban
    5. If she thought Picard was dangerous then she should have requested being stationed to another ship to protect Wesley.
    6. Or maybe use protection? I'm sure it exists in the 24th century
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-17-2023 at 06:17 AM.

I'm getting more convinced we're dealing with a Pah Wraith. Maybe that missing captain will return to deal with the Wraith.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Beverly was 100% wrong. Her actions unforgivable and her reasons indefensible

Like I said before several times, Beverly never gave Picard the chance to change. People can change if you give them the chance to. She robbed him of probably the best thing in his life and robbed Jack getting to know his father.

If you want to stick with that "You'd put our son in danger" story

1. Who was it asking who for rescue because that person was in danger?
    2. Picard is extremely resourceful. He faced everything from planetary dictators to gods.
    3. Speaking of gods, he has one that watches over him. I can only imagine Picard grasping fatherhood challenges and Q jumping in asking how his 'Godson' is.
    4. Picard's Allies are strong. He employs Romulans who used to be Tal Shiar as housekeepers. I can't see many assassins getting past Laris and Zhaban
    5. If she thought Picard was dangerous then she should have requested being stationed to another ship to protect Wesley.
    6. Or maybe use protection? I'm sure it exists in the 24th century
    While all true and agreed, I'm stuck on "Your enemies are too dangerous so let me create my own with this Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman in space shtick."