Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Levar Burton been approached to update Geordi for a future season? Or is he in season 1?
    The only confirmed ones are Ryker, Troi, Data, 7 of 9, and Hugh Borg. (Various old actors they used to often re-use under make up have also been cast, but who knows if they are playing someone new or old)

They did mention that they don't want everyone returning right away to give audiences something to look forward to.

I know he was also interested in directing an episode, but he's one of the main directors on NCIS so it would depend on their shooting schedule.

There's a second season lined up. I wouldn't mind Q or Beverly showing up, although perhaps they'll deal with that in the first season (I had a bit of a fan theory that Pill's character might be their daughter, but Pill seems too old for that).

Also Dorn is perfectly willing to come back if he gets a good sized part. It'd be interesting to see what the Klingons are up to since their rival empire is out of the way (The online game had them basically go to war with the Federation again, but I don't think this is following it in any way).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-17-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It did appear to be a dream sequence or something similar. I doubt they are ignoring the movies (which clearly set up Data returning through B-4, anyway).
    Yes, to me, everything about that scene screamed "dream sequence". If Brent Spiner appears outside of dream sequences, I am sure it will be as B-4 who, by this time, has enough experience that he is indistinguishable from Data.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd really love to hear the technobabble reasoning.
    You'd have to read the (non-canon) prequel Countdown comic.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You'd have to read the (non-canon) prequel Countdown comic.
    The Countdown to the first JJ-verse movie? Avoided that, actually. I'll Memory Beta the details.
    I read the current Countdown to Picard first issue and really enjoyed it both in terms of art and story.
    Anyone read the Mirror Voyager comic that came out last week? I'm reading it later today along with Picard #2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Countdown to the first JJ-verse movie? Avoided that, actually. I'll Memory Beta the details.
    Didn't read it myself, largely due to not liking the movie itself and not exactly being a fan of the way the TNG crew ended up in that story. Have gotten interested in reading it in the years since I've made peace with the Kelvin timeline movies, but with the odds that the Picard show will contradict it, I guess I don't see the point now.

I read the current Countdown to Picard first issue and really enjoyed it both in terms of art and story.
    Anyone read the Mirror Voyager comic that came out last week? I'm reading it later today along with Picard #2.
    Glad to hear the Picard comics have been good so far; will probably get the trade to prep for the show myself.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, the previews sort of seem to indicate that Picard was an admiral when the incident happened (Countdown had him as an ambassador), and perhaps failing to save the planet (and also losing a legend like Spock) led to his retirement.

Mighty Member

Last edited by Beantownbrown; 12-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Was that Ten Forward in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Was that Ten Forward in the beginning?
    Yes, it was.

Safe to say you can skip the JJ-verse countdown. The Picard comic retcons it out of existence.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Safe to say you can skip the JJ-verse countdown. The Picard comic retcons it out of existence.
    Interesting; pretty much all other tie-ins always borrowed from it in some way or another.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Looks like a desert planet being bombarded there. Maybe Vulcan in the prime universe also suffered consequences from the wrath of the surviving romulans.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like a desert planet being bombarded there. Maybe Vulcan in the prime universe also suffered consequences from the wrath of the surviving romulans.
    Think in the Countdown comic, Nero used his ship (according to the comic, the squid configuration was the result of it being upgraded with stolen Borg technology -- why Borg tech would create an organic design, I don't know, but whatever) to attack Vulcan under the belief that Spock had betrayed him, getting fended off, going back to Romulan space, and then getting sucked into the red matter black hole with Spock to kick off the movie. Could be the writers were aware of the comic and borrowed the idea?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)