Page 115 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2040
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He's either able to form a Collective with others thanks to the Borg nanoprobes in him or he's able to form a mental Great Link because he's part Changeling.
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what to think of his abilities just yet.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He's either able to form a Collective with others thanks to the Borg nanoprobes in him or he's able to form a mental Great Link because he's part Changeling.
    My wife had the best theory of what’s really going on with Jack: “Oh, the writers must have watched Stranger Things.”
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    My wife had the best theory of what’s really going on with Jack: “Oh, the writers must have watched Stranger Things.”
    Yeah, it does feel a little like that to me. Sure, we've had mind powers before like Gary Mitchell, and even Troi and Spock but this just seemed more prominent to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Maybe they should run this kind of test on Jack:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...0circumstances.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe they should run this kind of test on Jack:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...0circumstances.
    Somehow, Jack coming into contact with the galactic barrier and getting his psychic abilities that way makes a nice bookend to the Kirk TOS pilot episode.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Think in the episode both Mitchell and Dehmer got their powers partly because they already had a high rating.

Would be interesting if she were that mysterious voice in his head, but Sally Kellerman passed fairly recently so I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think in the episode both Mitchell and Dehmer got their powers partly because they already had a high rating.

Would be interesting if she were that mysterious voice in his head, but Sally Kellerman passed fairly recently so I'm not sure that's a good idea.
    Back when Into Darkness was trying to hide Cumberbatch was playing Khan I thought him and Alice Eve were playing Mitchell and Dehmer.

I assumed they couldn't be dumb enough to try and do Khan. Silly me.

One of the main page articles (The Shaw=Frank Grimes article one I think) made a good point about the Borg Queen communicating with Picard before.

Maybe whatever's calling Jack is actually the "good" Jurati Borg Queen, to help her on something? If so, kind of curious how Beverly would handle it, as it's clear she isn't exactly over Wes becoming a Traveler.

A few observations from today's episode:

The hostage plot is pretty much standard fare with pretty much a lot of cliches from "Air Force" and the Die Hard films, even kind of quoting it at the end there. Think the bridge hatch thing which won review kind of scoffed at has been a part of Trek since the 80s, appearing both IV and TNG's second episode, although it makes more sense with the BOP because it can land (also it's a Klingon ship), whereas the Tsiolkovsky blew it because they were "under the influence" so to speak. More practical use would probably involve shuttles.

Riker's "Classic Picard trap" line kind of felt a bit like Spock's "Planning his escape attempt" line from Trek VI.

No real answers on Jack but the whole thing about Vedic thinking it was fitting Seven was present for the near-reveal does seem to imply it's a Borg thing as many have speculated. The "Ancient" thing Troi brings up could also fit, even if it is the Jurati Queen, who technically would be around nearly 400-something years old which from the perspective of the TNG crew might be that (Let's not forget how dismissive Picard was in "Encounter At Farpoint" and "The Neutral Zone" when it came to 20th century attitudes as well)..

After today's episode I think "Superior Data" would be a good fan name, since this is basically what Spider-Man did to Doc Ock I think? Also another beloved TNG character returns sort of, although obviously played by a new "actor" or "actress."
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-06-2023 at 08:15 AM.

So I was wrong about Deana but it looks like Nate's theories are coming more and more true!

There's a preview of next episode where Troi opens the door and has an "OH CRAP!" reaction and withdraws from Jack's mind.

Kind of curious about the red door symbolism.

In most cases it means "welcome" or "protective".

Of course in Star Trek lore having a red shirt was of course a trope meaning an expendable security member of the landing party, although it doesn't really apply as much in the TNG era as Starfleet flipped the colors, and it seems TNG landing parties didn't really have that much extra security since Worf was often sufficient. His closest brush to death in the series was with a heavy barrel.

Maybe it's meant to evoke the Borg laser light?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-06-2023 at 10:11 AM.

Loved the Riker and Deanna scenes then discussing their grief and the funny bits with Worf and the taking back of the ship was great with Seven yelling "Get off my Bridge."

Data tricking Lore was good also and I loved the scene of the TNG crew back together again at the table.

It also feels like this season a lot of forget Seasons 1 and 2. "Forget that strange **** on the Stargazer the real Borg are out there". Now Riker and Deanna hate their quiet life. Bringing Data back and him declaring he's happy to be alive with his friends. Also, bringing back the classic Constitution Design.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hoping we're dealing with a Pah Wraith. Eye color changing, telepathy, body control, ancient darkness. Borg related stuff is kind of getting over-used

Solid episode.

+ Troi/Riker: I loved the interaction with these two. Both meant well and were trying to help each other out but it backfired. People have their own way of grieving. I really like how they were able to talk through it

+ Purple Lights: Couldn't have asked for a better scene. Instead of destroying Lore, Data saved him

= Why destroy the Shrike? She was a good ship armed with a Looney Tunes Portal. Hope they didn't forget to bring Picard's Corpse Back

- The one scene that grinded my gears was when Seven was telling Shaw that she didn't sacrifice life. I would have cheered if Shaw retorted, "If you didn't disobey direct orders, my crew wouldn't have been slaughtered"
    - Raffi fight scene. Vadic's Crew used blasters the entire time to kill the Titan's Crew but conveniently decided to use little blades when Raffi arrived?
    - And Shut Up Beverly
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-06-2023 at 05:30 PM.

I mentioned this on another board but, does anyone like Picard's wine?? How did they stay in business for so long?

Lol I disagree with all your minuses (but you're not wrong ��)