Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2040

That looked like a Chateau Picard door to me when we finally got a close up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I really thought the Vulcan Girl was going to survive, to be honest.

Will Shaw ever call her Seven? Maybe that's a finale moment.

That scene between Will and Deanna reminded me of Superboy and Miss Martian's dynamic in Young Justice and some of the stuff that caused them relationship issues. I can see now why there was a little trouble in paradise, even if it's obvious how much the two love each other and hate their current living arrangements. I assume their daughter feels the same way.

LeVar Burton killing it with all these emotional Geordi scenes. Seeing Geordi and Data just getting to talk normally to each other again after all these years was fantastic.

I knew Data would defeat Lore the only way Data could...with his memories and the love he feels through them, which lets him finally merge with his brother. They even threw in Spot, which surprised me given Brent Spiner's hatred for that little kitty. But now Data is the Data he's always wanted to be, feeling emotions and able to be the most human he's ever been. And he finally gets to experience that with his friends.

The irony that Vadic gets yeeted into space and is frozen solid (the thing she hates the most) and crashes into pieces on her own ship.

The gang is finally back together! Seeing them all huddled up in the briefing room like old times warmed the heart. Although just imagine occasionally getting severed head gifts from Worf.

Troi's been sidelined all season and now she has the most important role in the plot so far, finally figuring out what the heck is wrong with Jack.

That red door reminded me of Chainsaw Man.

I don't understand why the shapeshifters don't actually use their abilities in battle. Well, I do know it's a budget thing.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't understand why the shapeshifters don't actually use their abilities in battle. Well, I do know it's a budget thing.
    I don't get how there are so darn many of them. Didn't her tale of woe say something about nine of them getting experimented on in that lab, and then Jack Crusher shoots like four of them in the first hallway fight, and a dozen more die at various times (including another batch thanks to Raffi and Worf), leaving about negative eight left to be infiltrating Starfleet?

Did she manage to find a bunch of random changelings somewhere and 'teach' them the trick she was tortured into learning in that lab? Were those faceless mooks not meant to be actual shapeshifters, but actually some servant race like the Jem H'dar and Vorta, originally?

Her crew aren't changelings.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    There was a thing back in DS9 where Odo kills a founder and it was discovered that no changeling had ever killed another before. It makes a lot of sense that changelings killing other changelings would still be a distasteful action. Yet, Vadik almost nonchalantly killed a crew member.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

T'Veen was bald because apparently her backstory is her grandmother was Deltan.

That's fascinating and I thought for sure the point was to see how those two races mingle in one person going forward in a future series.

And then Vadic zaps her.

I don't give a damn about the ones Vadic didn't zap, I don't care to see them again beyond this show. But of course they kill off the one interesting character I want to see more of. Sigh. Maybe T'Veen has a twin sister? lol

Taurik had Vorik.
    Maybe T'Veen had V'Veen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think he's talking about the changlings Jack killed who were infiltrating the Titan.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think he's talking about the changlings Jack killed who were infiltrating the Titan.
    Oh well, those didn't have a chance to. They all got blasted pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Taurik had Vorik.
    Maybe T'Veen had V'Veen.
    N'Veen? lol

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Oh well, those didn't have a chance to. They all got blasted pretty quickly.
    Yeah, but it still doesn't match up with how they were able to avoid detection. She made it sound like it was hard to learn and there were only a few of them that were experimented on...but if that's the case then how is it a mass invasion?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    T'Veen was bald because apparently her backstory is her grandmother was Deltan.

That's fascinating and I thought for sure the point was to see how those two races mingle in one person going forward in a future series.

And then Vadic zaps her.

I don't give a damn about the ones Vadic didn't zap, I don't care to see them again beyond this show. But of course they kill off the one interesting character I want to see more of. Sigh. Maybe T'Veen has a twin sister? lol

Think there's been a few bald Vulcans here and there, but they seem to be more of the priestly type-one of the Kohlinar monks in TMP is one, as are some of the ones who too the Fal-Tor-Pan in Search for Spock. Pretty sure Discovery had one as an Admiral.

Illia, our main example of a Deltan, never really struck me as overly hedonistic like we've seen with the Risans and some of the Betazoids (Well, Troi's mother, mostly), although part of that might be because for half the movie she's a mostly emotionless probe. So I can kind of see Vulcans and Deltans getting together.

Kind of wonder if the "oath is celibacy" is kind of her species answer to Kohlinar (Although Vulcans kind of start halfway there already).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-07-2023 at 09:07 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, but it still doesn't match up with how they were able to avoid detection. She made it sound like it was hard to learn and there were only a few of them that were experimented on...but if that's the case then how is it a mass invasion?
    I don't recall them saying it was a mass invasion. Only that they had infiltrated Starfleet. Their endgame clearly isn't simply an invasion since they're working for/with someone else to bring down the Federation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Illia, our main example of a Deltan, never really struck me as overly hedonistic like we've seen with the Risans and some of the Betazoids (Well, Troi's mother, mostly), although part of that might be because for half the movie she's a mostly emotionless probe. So I can kind of see Vulcans and Deltans getting together.

Kind of wonder if the "oath is celibacy" is kind of her species answer to Kohlinar (Although Vulcans kind of start halfway there already).
    In the novelizations it's further explained that the Deltans have to swear an oath of celibacy off of Delta because they are super-empathic, and not just receiving empaths like Deanna, but projecting empaths, and that when they get worked up and passionate, the intensity of their broadcast feelings will kill a non-Deltan partner...

A Vulcan / Deltan pairing might just be possible, because Vulcans also have extremely powerful emotions *and* tons of experience at pushing them down / mentally shielding themselves.

Or it might be even more dangerous than it would be with a human, since the Vulcan is already riding the ragged edge of self-control. Whichever works better for narrative purposes, I suppose.