Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2040

Is Starfleet pretty much screwed at this point?

I mean, even assuming they can free all the assimilated officers, how many senior staff were killed by their own crew? And how would the crew even be able to live with that?

Not to mention they'll still have to clean out all the remaining Changelings.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, even assuming they can free all the assimilated officers, how many senior staff were killed by their own crew? And how would the crew even be able to live with that?

Just set up for the next series about a revived James Kirk leading a motley crew to uncover the Changelings amongst their leadership:

Star Trek: Insuresurrection.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Changelings and the Borg teaming up is pretty fan fictiony not gonna lie. Also, I was surprised they brought back the Borg...for essentially the third time in this series...I guess there were clues leading up to this reveal, but I didn't think they were going back to that well again so I was surprised.
    It actually makes sense they would get along. Both are have minds that see individuality as illogical and inefficient. They see individuals as inferior and in need of being shown the light and controlled either through assimilation or being ruled.

I think I'm aware of all details for the finale. The only question still remaining is what Beastie Boys song Picard broadcasts. [emoji included just in case someone doesn't realize I am kidding]
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Episode 10 clip

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Episode 10 clip

It all comes down to this...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think I'm aware of all details for the finale. The only question still remaining is what Beastie Boys song Picard broadcasts. [emoji included just in case someone doesn't realize I am kidding]
    The Marvels used Intergalactic so I am good with Beasties in my sci Fi for now!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Still, with the history that Starfleet had regarding their ships being taken over from the inside. Holograms, Vulcans, and Androids hacking an entire starship. And you want to sync them on to a singular source?
    I would guess that's part of the Changeling's influence. Geordie didn't like the idea and was shipped off for objecting.
    Sounds perfect.

Overcome with emotion. I don't know how I managed not to cry. Perhaps I was just smiling and laughing like an idiot too much.

Favourite shots...
    st1.jpg
    st2.jpg
    st3.jpg

If Barclay isn't in Engineering, I'll be sad. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sabotage, of course

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sabotage, of course
    They used that, twice! Body Movin' once. There's tons they could use. Brrr Stick 'Em has a whole Star Trek verse.

Communicator check 1-2-1-2
    This is Bones McCoy on a line to Sulu
    Set the bullshit to warp factor one
    Check your tricorder, set you phaser to stun

The Beasties were/are big nerds and Trekkies. Yauch (RIP) went to conventions, Horowitz has a Silver Surfer tat, and Mike D collects ST props.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Changelings and the Borg teaming up is pretty fan fictiony not gonna lie. Also, I was surprised they brought back the Borg...for essentially the third time in this series...I guess there were clues leading up to this reveal, but I didn't think they were going back to that well again so I was surprised.
    I'm kind of reminded a bit of Doctor Who since 2005, which always kind of does something like that for it's season finales. I'm pretty sure more than half have involved the Daleks, Master, the Cybermen or some combination of the three.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

While Star Trek is no stranger to violence and depictions of gruesome deaths, somehow this show feels like it's leaning far too much and frequently into it compared to "classic" Star Trek, which has long started to become somewhat exausting.

Obviously the Kelvin verse movies and Discovery allready established this kind of darker more overtly gruesome tone for the franchise, but with this show being supposed to be a direct continuation of the Next Generation it can feel rather jarring.

On top of that for some reason the federation ships are also weirdly darkly lit, to the point where one would expect to see Belter crewmen suddently walking in the backround. Which is a lot more noticable in this episode with the Enterprise D bridge being such a contrast.

At least there are still shows which do not share this tone and they got me interested enough to see how this plot is going to be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If i recall right they allready found an easy way to detect the Changelings since the method Vadic uses to give them the new ability results in them having traces of a particular raditation.

Talking about them. It would be somewhat karmic if the purge of the personal not infected by the borg doesn't discriminate against them, so they find themself hunted alongside the rest of the crew.

As for the death of the senior staff.

I like to think that when they were talking about "the entire fleet" they only meant the "core fleet" of first rate ships that exist to cruise and patrol the central worlds of the federation. Since it makes little sense in regards to the overall duty of star fleet and the space they need to cover at all times.

This would even fit into what Shaw (may he rest in peace, the likeable contrarian) remarked about the Titan's record under his command, when it's known that even supply ships might occasionaly run into star trek's "weird" phenomena.

Likewise the fleet shown looks too small to be "all" of star fleet, since it seems smaller than the fleet Ricker brought in season 1 and is missing many models that should still be in service.

There must be the exploration ships on their five year voyages, research vessels, the second line duty ships (California class, Oberth class and other older classes still perfectly servicable for such jobs) doing all the "boring" jobs, anti-pirate and border patrol ships and ships in dry docks for maintance or shore leave.

Otherwise it's like the entire police force, fire departments and paramedics of the USA are all forced to gather in Washington D.C. and on the same street for some celebration, leaving the rest of the country without them for the duration of days if not weeks.

Of course all of them might simply be too far away to be able to arrive in time to help, leaving it to the heros to safe the day. But at least there will be enough officers around to pick up the pieces afterwards.

Which in turn might lead to some "designated survivor" situation for some unlucky captain forced to leave their beloved ships for desk and training duty.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-16-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Kind of funny that in the films, in TMP, TWOK and TFF all the other ships were "too far away" from Earth to handle the current crisis. (I'm assuming that Enterprise's TWOK training cruise was pretty much just in the solar system for starters, since it didn't go to warp until Kirk received Carol's message).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

The only question still remaining is what Beastie Boys song Picard broadcasts.
    Picard? "A British Tar is a soaring soul"
    Sounds perfect.