Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Speaking of the Copy Paste Fleet in Season 1 of Picard fans can sometimes produce animation these days better than the shows.

https://www.youtube.com/user/startrekcontinues

Yes and shows financed by Star Trek fans can give a better and more authentic portrayal of the time of and around TOS than Paramount can.
    Power with Girl is better.

Screeners went out yesterday for the finale.

Pretty much universal agreement of sticking the landing.

Several said a return to form of TNG.

Lots of this is what Star Trek should be modeling after.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well! Looks like it's time to stay off social media and YouTube until tomorrow night!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Screeners went out yesterday for the finale.

Pretty much universal agreement of sticking the landing.

Several said a return to form of TNG.

Lots of this is what Star Trek should be modeling after.
    I haven't seen the finale yet. I've enjoyed "Picard" but I have qualms about modeling future ST shows after it if only because, on Twitter and elsewhere, it comes across largely as a nostalgia-fest for a Star Trek that just glories in it's own mythology and doesn't challenge (current) social issues. To me, challenging current social issues at the time the show is being made IS Star Trek.

That doesn't mean that it should challenge social issues but be poorly executed (*cough* Discovery *cough*) But, except for Discovery, I think all of the other current ST shows are good role models for how to do modern Star Trek (Lower Decks, Prodigy and especially Strange New Worlds). Even going just with Picard, only the 3rd season. There's more than one ST show that's good.
    Power with Girl is better.

Think they dipped into it a bit in the second season in the middle but then it kind of got passed over by the Borg/Picard's mother/Q stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Starfleet pretty much screwed at this point?

I mean, even assuming they can free all the assimilated officers, how many senior staff were killed by their own crew? And how would the crew even be able to live with that?

Not to mention they'll still have to clean out all the remaining Changelings.
    As for the bolded (everyone seems to have answered everything else)...my mind goes to Deanna. Is there like a division of counselors that she is, or could be, head of? Cause seems like after this incident oh counselors will be in high demand aboard starships.

Also, everyone will now know what it felt like for Picard, or at least now knows someone who knows how it feels. I notice when people talk about it, they skip over the part where he was basically a meat puppet and couldn't stop them. I get it, even if that fact is pointed out you still see the person in front of you responsible for the massacre of friends and family...but they didn't weigh it at all. Now a great number of people will have been in his shoes so to speak. Watched in horror as a "pilot" other than themselves killed people and senior officers (the people who killed Shelby may need therapy for years).

Not a great place to be in, no. I hope its not glossed over though in the next iteration of Star Trek, whatever succeeds Star Trek: Picard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Matalas confirmed that Worf was the Captain of Enterprise-E, explaining in part his preference for the ship and why he was getting blamed for whatever happened to it. Also seems to maybe be a bit of a wink to Dorn's "Captain Worf" pitch.

Looks like that whole deal with him being ambassador at the end of DS9 is just going to continue to be ignored.
    Matalas is starting to become Ridley Scott here with all this interesting material and ideas, outside of the properties we'd like to see them in or simply out of his own mouth but nowhere else to be seen/touched upon. Hmmm...

Regardless, I'd like to hope a Captain Worf show isn't still dead in the water. I got the distinct impression the Enterprise-E isn't destroyed or unusable per se, just...unavailable cause of whatever [probably slightly hilarious] incident they keep alluding to. Undo that, rename it (or not, though I doubt they'd call it Star Trek: Enterprise), give us a 3-season commitment like with Star Trek: Picard.

Though with my luck Raffi would be the XO...

They did it they actually stuck the landing. I'm going to avoid spoilers with this post and just say this was fantastic and also the credits scene yeah ViacomCBS I need a Star Trek Legacy Show.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They did it they actually stuck the landing. I'm going to avoid spoilers with this post and just say this was fantastic and also the credits scene yeah ViacomCBS I need a Star Trek Legacy Show.
    It definitely had its moments and it was still very fun...but it felt a little rushed in the way it resolved the conflict. I did love the NC-1701-G reveal though and yeah, Star Trek: Legacy sounds great to me especially with the crew we saw at the end here.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Got a Return of the King vibe from all the endings.

Just how powerful is Spacedock supposed to be? It makes sense that it can take more of a beating and last longer than DS9 could since it's not an old Cardassian mining station, but that was ridiculous.

Bit of a Star Wars ending too with the flying through the ship to destroy the core thing & the power of love saving the day, also Troi's "I know where Luke is!" moment.

Definitely a bit of Palpatine/Snoke with the Borg Queen redesign, although also recalls the Queen on her egg sack thrown from ALIENS, which of course inspired the character in the first place.

BTW the opening voice cameo, apart from a callback to Star Trek IV also honors Anton Yelchin. The Generations theme is also used for the Enterprise D a few times in addition to the multiple uses of the TMP/TNG theme and First Contact Borg themes.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-20-2023 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Bit of a Star Wars ending too with the flying through the ship to destroy the core thing & the power of love saving the day, also Troi's "I know where Luke is!" moment.

Definitely a bit of Palpatine/Snoke with the Borg Queen redesign, although also recalls the Queen on her egg sack thrown from ALIENS, which of course inspired the character in the first place.

BTW the opening voice cameo, apart from a callback to Star Trek IV also honors Anton Yelchin. The Generations theme is also used for the Enterprise D a few times in addition to the multiple uses of the TMP/TNG theme and First Contact Borg themes.
    Yeah, my first thought on this episode was "They blew up the Death Star II!"

I loved this episode. I loved the setup for a potential spin-off. I loved the character beats, and I loved the ending.

But there were a few things that annoyed me.

No mention of Laris. No mention of Riker and Troi's daughter, even when Riker was at risk and saying goodbye. No mention of Elnore, who may or may not be dead.

Did Season 1 have different show runners? Because at times it felt like they were ignoring or destroying almost everything from that season, except for Raffi.

The voice cameo is Todd Stashwick's doing, they're neighbors according to a Q & A and it was recorded at his house. Although they live in LA they were both born in Chicago and part time comic writers so that probably helps.

I might be wrong but it looks like the positions at the table at the end were the exact same ones from "All Good Things" in addition to the overhead shot.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-20-2023 at 06:57 AM.

Yeah this was a pretty perfect ending to the season and this crew!

They DEFINITELY have to do a "Legacy" show. Don't make the same mistake Supernatural did and ignore the spin-off fans are actually clamoring for.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah, my first thought on this episode was "They blew up the Death Star II!"

I loved this episode. I loved the setup for a potential spin-off. I loved the character beats, and I loved the ending.

But there were a few things that annoyed me.

No mention of Laris. No mention of Riker and Troi's daughter, even when Riker was at risk and saying goodbye. No mention of Elnore, who may or may not be dead.

Did Season 1 have different show runners? Because at times it felt like they were ignoring or destroying almost everything from that season, except for Raffi.
    Terry Matalas came in during Season 2 but Season 3 is the sole season where he was the Showrunner during season 2 he shared the duties.

Also, just an observation the little tribute to Anton Yelchin with Walter Keonig voicing Pavel's son President Anton Chekov was nice.