Page 39 of 136 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Wonder if the second season maybe could deal with the Klingons. They always seemed to be rivals with the Romulans in TNG (Although Worf sort of warmed to them slightly in Nemesis), and it'd be curious to see how things have affected the balance of power. In the "Online" game they did use it as an excuse to start another war; although the game revealed it to be part of them being manipulated by a third party (Kind of like in Deep Space Nine with the fake Martok).

Also would be the perfect excuse to bring back Worf.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

We got Troi and Riker and Data. It's time for La Forge and Crusher and Worf next. We know we're getting Guinan, and we can all hope for Q!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Although I'm pretty sure Worf and Laforge were name dropped, I'm surprised Beverly wasn't, considering their close relationship. She could've been worked in as the role that was ultiametly wound up as the Stargazer's doctor, but maybe they were saving her for something else? (I know in the novels She and Picard finally get together and have kids, but I think it's safe to say Picard kind of ruled that out, although it's still possible they got together and had a falling out like in "All Good things" which Picard at times felt like a somewhat more positive version of.)

Q could work too-the aging is easy to explain, as Q can shape-shift of course, and we even saw an old Q in All Good Things.

Also I wouldn't rule out other 24th century characters popping up since we got 7 of 9. Quark was mentioned in episode 5, and I think Robert Picardo was interested in showing up (although the show already has a different EMH).

Looks like Levar/Laforge is confirmed for next season.

It'd be interesting to have Geordi's reaction to Soji (and Picard'd new body) as well as finding out there's a whole planet of Datas and that Data himself was briefly "resurrected" given Geordi's friendship with him.

Feels weird they did this big final Data story and Geordi wasn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Feels weird they did this big final Data story and Geordi wasn't part of it.
    Who said it was the end?

This is what, Data's second or third "definitive" end?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who said it was the end?
    Brent Spiner.

I suppose in theory they can bring Data back as a recast...

...but I doubt folks would accept that. Spiner's done with the character and is more interesting in playing Alton.

I swear to god, if there's an Soong-type android named Bore in the new animated Trek and it's voiced by Spiner...

I could see Geordi being a teacher of engineering, possibly at Starfleet Academy, but also possibly elsewhere.
    Was it canon that he ever married and had a family?

Who said it was the end?
    It was written as the end. It is intended to be the end, and for now, it is. As such, it seems very odd to write that and leave Geordi out of it, completely.

Who said it was the end?

Only his second to my knowledge. His body was destroyed in that crappy movie. Now his mind (or a copy or whatever the hell) is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I suppose in theory they can bring Data back as a recast...

...but I doubt folks would accept that. Spiner's done with the character and is more interesting in playing Alton.
    I have no doubt there will be someone else playing Data at some point, when they do an inevitable movie reboot of the TNG characters. Won't be for a while though, IMO.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Only his second to my knowledge. His body was destroyed in that crappy movie. Now his mind (or a copy or whatever the hell) is gone.
    He did come back for that vocal cameo in TATV, so I wouldn't rule anything out with finality. I'm more inclined to believe him when he says he's done with the character once and for all now rather than 20 years ago, but 20 years ago he also helped create B-4 as a backdoor to keep playing an android had there been another TNG movie. Nemesis' critical and financial failure killed that idea, though.

While I believe Spiner is sincere about not returning to Data now more than ever, never say never in fiction (and especially Star Trek).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    He did come back for that vocal cameo in TATV
    What is TATV?

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    What is TATV?
    Yeah, I need to do a better job of pretending that episode never existed.

(unless you were serious, and in that case it's "These Are The Voyages," the final episode of Enterprise)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, I need to do a better job of pretending that episode never existed.

(unless you were serious, and in that case it's "These Are The Voyages," the final episode of Enterprise)
    Heh, I was totally serious. I think I saw most or all of season one of Enterprise and maybe a little of season two, back when they first aired. I hear it got good in the last two seasons but I have yet to find out for myself.

You said vocal cameo so I assume he never appeared onscreen. I could see him doing further voicework for Data (he was in at least one episode of Family Guy, heh), for example if they decided to do a TNG animated series or something. But I'm perfectly fine with his decision to retire from playing the character in live action. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got him to do it again by backing up the money truck.