Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Spiner did appear as an ancestor of Soong in the series of episodes that explained the "smooth forehead" Klingons. Basically it involved "augments" similar to Khan and Soong's ancestor at the end said something like maybe he should look into robotics (or something like that).

As for Geordi, the tie-in comics had him working at the Mars shipyard, but he obviously survived the synth attack because he was mentioned in the first season and now this thing. As for his current whereabouts, In the All Good Things future he got married to "Leah" (Possibly Leah Brahms, who must've split from her husband?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Heh, I was totally serious. I think I saw most or all of season one of Enterprise and maybe a little of season two, back when they first aired. I hear it got good in the last two seasons but I have yet to find out for myself.

You said vocal cameo so I assume he never appeared onscreen. I could see him doing further voicework for Data (he was in at least one episode of Family Guy, heh), for example if they decided to do a TNG animated series or something. But I'm perfectly fine with his decision to retire from playing the character in live action. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got him to do it again by backing up the money truck.
    That's my larger point, especially since TATV was produced after Nemesis but set before that movie. There's always going to be loop holes to get around a statement, and creatives are especially good at finding them: if de-aging CGI progresses to the point of defeating the uncanny valley, or if there's a cartoon, or if it turns out Data could become the voice and mind of a ship's AI, taking over for Majel Barrett (or Google Maps, for that matter), or if there's another story set in the past, etc. We already had Ghost Data/figment of Picard's dreams and Data as a literal datastream itself. And technically none of them need or needed Data's body, so technically Spiner wasn't playing the android Data and therefore sticking to his word of not reprising a canon, tangible Data after Nemesis, but only incarnations of him.

I'm ok with him retiring from Data once and for all as well, but I won't be surprised if he returns to Data in one form or another after all. Heck, if he releases another crooner album as Data...
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-19-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It was written as the end. It is intended to be the end, and for now, it is. As such, it seems very odd to write that and leave Geordi out of it, completely.
    Geordi reacting to all this happening after Data's full death, IMHO, has more mileage than having a part of this final arc. Geordi wouldn't really add anything new or different to what we got.

But I could see a Picard-era Geordi trying to bring his friend back and developing some new synths. I can see a lot more story potential with Geordi finding out he was alive and died for good this time. If he was in the season, I think all he would do is be a character that restates the techno-bable for the audience and wouldn't ever challenge the story in a productive way.

I could also see a pissed-off La Forge coming at Picard now, too. Same with Worf.

Lots of potential here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm not sure Worf really was as much a friend to Data, their conversations and interactions always seemed to come off a bit awkward compared to the other crewmembers.

I could see the usually uptight Worf having some issues with the crew of Picard's new ship though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could also see a pissed-off La Forge coming at Picard now, too. Same with Worf.

Lots of potential here.
    Oh man, yeah, I can't wait to see another season of Pissed Off at: Picard!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Oh man, yeah, I can't wait to see another season of Pissed Off at: Picard!
    A couple years ago, LeVar Burton was a guest on the podcast 2 Dope Queens, at the peak of their popularity. The hosts understandably fawned all over this legend, but it seemed like he was maybe trying a little too hard to fit in with the young crowd, as the hosts are in their 20s/early 30s.

Geordi dropping an F-Bomb was something I (and the hosts) never expected to hear. It was a cute episode, but maybe he was practicing for Picard Season 2.

Wow, this guy does a great, thought-provoking review of Picard Season One. I highly recommend watching it -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

has the fate of "Thom Riker" ever been explored? Or just ambiguous?

In DS9 he was in Cardassian custody at the end of his episode where he masqueraded as his "brother" and stole the Defiant for the Maquis.

I'm sure Thomas Riker and Ro Laren hooked up in Cardassian prison only to be killed by the Dominion.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has the fate of "Thom Riker" ever been explored? Or just ambiguous?
    It was explored in books.

Really hope they’re not pairing Seven with Raffi. Raffi is one of the most annoying characters in the show, and the “JL”
    Nickname is still stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Really hope they’re not pairing Seven with Raffi. Raffi is one of the most annoying characters in the show, and the “JL”
    Nickname is still stupid.
    Did you not see them holding hands in the final scene? They are 100% pairing them up. Which is great, because they shared basically zero screen time together, and I don't think ever spoke a word to each other, let alone developed any form of relationship on screen!

Naw, in the interim (between season 1 and 2) it'll be revealed Seven only wanted a one night stand and Raffi wanted more, giving Raffi something brand new to complain and get drunk/high/both about.

Is Jeri Ryan signed for a second season?