Page 49 of 136 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see undone when the timeline is restored is Riker and Troi's son's death. Out of everything in Picard s1, that seemed the most gratuitous suffering. It was worse than offing the vineyard Picards in Generations.
    Thing is we never met Riker and Troi's son, whereas Picard's brother and nephew were featured prominently in FAMILY.

Icheb's death kind of hit hard as he was part of the later Voyager episodes, although the guy in Picard was a different actor (although technically Picard's nephew was also played by a different actor in GEN, although partially as a Nexus illusion so it could've got him 'wrong') Same with Hugh as well, although he got more to do in Picard then he ever did in I, Borg and Descent.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It was like... BAM! Have a tragedy! Troi and Riker didn't deserve that. I'm not saying everyone needs a happy ending but playing the dead kid card is low. I'd genuinely applaud if Picard swaps his life for his godson's.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It was like... BAM! Have a tragedy! Troi and Riker didn't deserve that. I'm not saying everyone needs a happy ending but playing the dead kid card is low. I'd genuinely applaud if Picard swaps his life for his godson's.
    I didn't mind so much. I took it less as Riker & Troi's lives went on after Nemesis, skinned knees and all, as opposed to "...and they lived happily ever after." Certainly, it was sad, but it was treated realistically for how a strong person might handle a tragedy years on, and it gave a Sirtis a turn that was all too rare during any other go she was allowed at the character.

Ultimate Member

I thought the worst part was Riker and his fleet leaving and then Picard "dies"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought the worst part was Riker and his fleet leaving and then Picard "dies"
    I thought the worst part was the dumb machine intelligences. "Yes, we have transcended the organic universe to found our own eternal paradise free of them, and what we totally want is for synths twisted by human hate to come spend eternity polluting the purity of our minds with their hateful emotional organic meme-trash like spite and vindictiveness. Gosh, genocidal bigots! They sound like they'd be FUN to spend eternity with! (/sarc) And, oh yes, to utterly cleanse the entire universe of all the organics who *develop new synthetic intelligences to join us* because nothing better exemplifies an advanced intellect like smashing your own eggs in a fit of pique and ensuring that you will never again know the joy of welcoming new people with fresh new data, experiences and ideas to our machine collective."

Just a terrible ending, IMO.

Any advanced superior machine intelligence that wants to invite to their machine paradise the likes of Sutra *forever* deserves what they ask for... I'd give it a week before she decides to start murdering them, too. (She already killed one of her fellow synths and made the Romulan appear guilty of it, just to poison the rest against organics!)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I thought the worst part was the dumb machine intelligences. "Yes, we have transcended the organic universe to found our own eternal paradise free of them, and what we totally want is for synths twisted by human hate to come spend eternity polluting the purity of our minds with their hateful emotional organic meme-trash like spite and vindictiveness. Gosh, genocidal bigots! They sound like they'd be FUN to spend eternity with! (/sarc) And, oh yes, to utterly cleanse the entire universe of all the organics who *develop new synthetic intelligences to join us* because nothing better exemplifies an advanced intellect like smashing your own eggs in a fit of pique and ensuring that you will never again know the joy of welcoming new people with fresh new data, experiences and ideas to our machine collective."

Just a terrible ending, IMO.

Any advanced superior machine intelligence that wants to invite to their machine paradise the likes of Sutra *forever* deserves what they ask for... I'd give it a week before she decides to start murdering them, too. (She already killed one of her fellow synths and made the Romulan appear guilty of it, just to poison the rest against organics!)
    I didn't really see why there needed to be another man vs. machine storyline

I didn't really see why there needed to be another man vs. machine storyline
    To threaten all sentient life in the galaxy!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Boisterously Confused

So, this is a hater thread now. Good to know.

Ultimate Member

I liked Picars just fine until the weird ending where he "died"

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So, this is a hater thread now. Good to know.
    Not hating, just expressing criticism and hoping for better.

I loved Picard season 1. Had so many great moments, so many beautiful ideas and concepts. How anyone couldn't be pumped at the "WE ARE THE BORG" moment??? ICONIC!!! The ONLY think I hated was the first officer calling him JP. HATED THAT! It's Admiral or Jean-Luc when getting friendly. JP felt so... false. Not a name he would associate himself with. It would be like calling Riker "K-ri" or Seven of Nine "S-dog!" Ughhh! I really hope they continue the trend of evolving other Star Trek characters, I'd love to have Garak and Quark back, as both have great potential for stories. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED for Q and Guinan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Right! And calling Book's actor "bad"?? He was one of the best characters in the season.
    Well, to be fair, I said mediocre to bad as a comment of the S3 additions. The actor playing Book fell under the mediocre category for me.

I thought Discovery season 3 was better than previous seasons
    That's cool, alas I did not. Different strokes. Finishing the season was WORK to me. That stuuuuupid conclusion to the rift/cut/cull thing (forgot the name, either way... rubbish).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-20-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I loved Picard season 1. Had so many great moments, so many beautiful ideas and concepts. How anyone couldn't be pumped at the "WE ARE THE BORG" moment??? ICONIC!!! The ONLY think I hated was the first officer calling him JP. HATED THAT! It's Admiral or Jean-Luc when getting friendly. JP felt so... false. Not a name he would associate himself with. It would be like calling Riker "K-ri" or Seven of Nine "S-dog!" Ughhh! I really hope they continue the trend of evolving other Star Trek characters, I'd love to have Garak and Quark back, as both have great potential for stories. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED for Q and Guinan!!!

Well, to be fair, I said mediocre to bad as a comment of the S3 additions. The actor playing Book fell under the mediocre category for me.

That's cool, alas I did not. Different strokes. Finishing the season was WORK to me. That stuuuuupid conclusion to the rift/cut/cull thing (forgot the name, either way... rubbish).
    That's fine. I found it to be less work than the previous seasons because there less melodrama and the other crew members actually got focus. Plus, it wasn't trying to shoehorn itself in to the original era anymore.

I liked most of Picard, and was glad to see characters return. And Troi was actually useful this time! I'm interested to see Q return.

Quark was mentioned in Picard twice, so it's a possibility.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Quark was mentioned in Picard twice, so it's a possibility.
    GOD, I'd love that. Quark has so much still to mine in his character, and he's a very very good actor.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."