Page 58 of 136 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I try to avoid spoilers, so I came in knowing very little of the plot for season 2. I knew Guinan, Q, and the Borg would be in the season but not much else. I was surprised most of the cast is back in Starfleet (or newly joined in Elnor's case). Though I found season 1 disappointing, one aspect I did like was being outside the standard Trek "Starfleet crew" storyline. Oh well.

I'm curious how they'll incorporate the android lady (blanking on her name) into the story.
    Another Soong (Played by Brent again) is involved in the story, and maybe this fits into what altered the timeline. Especially since it seems Q is working with him somehow judging by the previews. So that'll probably involve Soji in some way. Also seems that Picard's "new" housekeeper is a synthetic....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Good premiere to the new season.

This is what S1 should’ve been like. But I’m not feeling that possibly the rest of the season will take place in 21st century earth. I don't mind an episode or two but not the whole season.

And when the Picard series is over, I want a Star Trek Stargazer series.

I mean...I liked it, but..."Help us, Picard" screams trap.

But, whatever, it got us to that scene with the Upgraded Borg Queen which was pretty tight. Made me wonder if that was somehow Picard's mother assimilated.

Maybe that really *was* Picard's mother in Where No One Has Gone Before....

I really wanted to see more of Rios and his crew on the Stargazer. Who was the first officer? But yeah a whole ep of that crew on a mission. I mean..it'll never happen I guess but man I wanted to see that.

Some thoughts..

It's nice to know that all those jokes I made about Picard being practically married to his housekeeper are about to pay off. Or would pay off if not for the CW approach to relationships Nutrek takes.

Still doing that Fenris Rangers/phaser toting Seven nonsense?

Elnor left the ninja nuns? Good for him.

Rios is on a separate show within a show that I would much rather watch than this one.

Raffi is....still terrible

Soji is out and about and everyone seems to either forgotten or didn't know that she summoned a space monster to kill everyone and androids can still be taken over and turned into killing machines and pull a "Mars". The show really did a bad job trying to convince us that we had nothing to fear from androids last season.

The doctor was cleared of charges. Good for her.

Guinan is still good

Q is still good.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Rios is on a separate show within a show that I would much rather watch than this one.
    Ha, I thought the same, although I also want to see more of the various hologram Rios' as well, because I love the idea of one actor playing a bunch of different versions of a character (as Tatiana Maslany did in Orphan Black). I was intrigued by how Rios seemed to *hate* the 'Emergency Recreation Hologram' version of himself, which amuses me, since I have no idea what constitutes a 'recreation emergency...'

Then again, a show with Rios, his holograms, Soji, Elnor and Raffi, without Picard or Dr. Jurati, would entertain me, so I'm not exactly the target audience for a show named 'Picard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ha, I thought the same, although I also want to see more of the various hologram Rios' as well, because I love the idea of one actor playing a bunch of different versions of a character (as Tatiana Maslany did in Orphan Black). I was intrigued by how Rios seemed to *hate* the 'Emergency Recreation Hologram' version of himself, which amuses me, since I have no idea what constitutes a 'recreation emergency...'

Then again, a show with Rios, his holograms, Soji, Elnor and Raffi, without Picard or Dr. Jurati, would entertain me, so I'm not exactly the target audience for a show named 'Picard.'
    Discovery has done the same thing with Booker and Tarka those two characters are also on a separate show I would rather watch than Discovery.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Discovery has done the same thing with Booker and Tarka those two characters are also on a separate show I would rather watch than Discovery.
    Ah, Discovery. I slogged through two seasons of it and gave up. Mirror Georgiou was the most fun character on the show, and for a fan of ensemble casts and not lone character studies like me, the fact that we know almost nothing about Detmer or Owosekun, and Lts. Rhys and Bryce have barely even gotten speaking lines (after being on the show for 40 and 39 episodes respectively!), is just eye-rollingly frustrating.

On the upside, Lower Decks is the most Trek-ky Trek that's Trekked in a long, long time, and I'm loving that there was a Lower Decks shout-out in this first episode of Picard (Rutherford being called to his new posting over the intercom).

They've given those characters more to do this season, especially Detmer and Owosekun.

BANNED

I saw the first episode of Picard season 2. Must say, it was quite good just a few nit picks.

What is up with 7 of 9? why is she always in some action battle every time?

I feel the theme of this season would be Picard coming to terms with his age and his personal life.

It was nice to see Guinan and Q again, however them ageing themselves up got too repetitive for one episode.

Why revisit the Borg? also. this should have been over after TNG episodes like I, Borg and the First Contact movie.

The other new characters such as Soji, Raffi , Elnor, Agnes are still annoying to watch. Although it is nice to see Elnor ditch the copycat lord of the ring elf nonsense and become a starfleet cadet.

Unlike star trek discovery, I will watch more Picard episodes but will still brace myself for the possibility that this season may still turn out generic like every Kurtzman star trek by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I saw the first episode of Picard season 2. Must say, it was quite good just a few nit picks.

What is up with 7 of 9? why is she always in some action battle every time?
    Sigh. Because of Kurtzman.

It's kind of weird that all male members of the Soong family are pretty much all identical. Makes sense with the robots of course.

The Enterprise-Era Soong was a geneticist (and sort of indirectly responsible for smooth-headed Klingons)...so maybe that explains it.

BANNED

Sigh. Because of Kurtzman.
    Must be.

Would be the first to confess that I was not an active Voyager watcher. Regardless I dont have to be an active Voyager watcher to know 7 of 9 turning into Action girl every time she is on screen is not good star trek.